Four Winds

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:49 pm

I don't know if anyone saw the 4 winds game that was over before it started but the officiating was horrendous!!  One of the guys looked like he could barely walk, another was so lax that he was standing with his hip cocked scratching his neck, meanwhile a few feet in front of him the 4 winds boys were forcing an over and back turnover which the lazy mullett-sporting ref didn't bother to investigate. 

Why is it that a lot of these ref's who were ex-piss poor ball players themselves, love blowing the whistle because a player did something that they thought was unbelievable.... legal but unbelievable to them, so it is a violation.  These bums really take a lot away from the game when they try to control the tempo on there own.  4 Winds was on a roll ready to blow Munich out of the water when the good ol' boys decided that the game needed a little change of pace. 

What happened to the ref's who just call what they see in front of their eyes, they all think that they are gonna get the big call some time soon up to the big leagues or something, I say screw that, call whats in plain sight in front of you!!!!  Combined with a lack of defensive intensity made this 1st round regional game a lot closer than it was.

Congrats to Start/Munich on a scrappy effort but you could tell they were grossly overmatched from the outset.  You know how we do it!!

The Natural :box2:
Last edited by 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan on Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan

Postby ndsubball » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:03 pm

I think some of the refs when it comes to regionals kinda want the 1 seed to get knocked off so it dont look like they favored them
ndsubball

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:32 pm

I don't know how the refing is in other regions, but in 4 they call way to many touch fouls and anticipate too much.  I was at the 4 winds game and saw the obvious overand back call that was missed.  Actually it was right in front of me.  They also missed alot of travels when the SM boys were dragging their pivot feet.  Missed calls like that interupt the momentum that a team like 4 winds gets when they press.  I know refing is hard because I have done some refing myself but this is tourney time for gods sake!  Let the talent win the game and not some bogus calls.  Hoka.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:44 pm

Thats the spirit J-Lo short for John Lohnes :strong:

Postby bisonman » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:51 pm

Maybe reffing could be something you might start trying before you start knocking.
Last edited by bisonman on Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:26 pm

For you information there mr bison dude, I have ref'd plenty of games in my day and I do know the basic nature of the game and I know enough not to interfere with allowing the players to decide the outcome of the game, if I'm gonna allow one team to be physical then I'll allow both, that type of thing.  To be honest with you it may not be the judgement that is poor but the ref's I've seen lately are flat out lazy.  In order to be as effective a ref as possible you should be working hard to be in the best position to make a call and scratching your neck and lollygagging along the sideline while all heck is breaking loose in a playoff game 5 feet in front of you is shameful.  These guys have it in thier minds how they are gonna call the game before the tip even goes up.  Everyone knows 4 winds reaches in and carries the ball right??  Well that is the general consensus among 98% of the ref's I've seen in this area.  Do they realize that it is possible to poke a ball out from an offensive players hands and every swipe isn't a "grab".  Sorry no slack for the ref's from this guy, they can alter the tempo of a game and these pre-concieved notions they have about teams really clouds their ability to officiate a good game.  These are young men competing out there and they love to get after it with the tenacity of chuck norris when he fought bruce lee!!

The Natural

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:32 pm

Getting back on track, what's your thoughts on the matchup tomorrow?  Or in other words, how much will 4W win by?  Who play's the other game tomorrow night?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby john deere » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:50 pm

to 4 winds indian hoops fan I don't know what game you saw but to say the refs were against 4 winds is laughable.  they are constantly hand checking the ball carrier, which i believe the nba even passed a rule to combat.  and i suppose you didn't think lovejoy deserved the t when he blatantly cussed at the ref.  the refs werent perfect but they missed as many calls for s-m as they did for 4 winds.  littlewind was constantly moving his feet before the ball was down.  4 winds is a good team but take away the opening 5 minutes and it was a fairly even game.  the s-m team exposed a lot of holes in their d the last 3 1/2 quarters.
john deere
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:41 am

john deere wrote:  to 4 winds indian hoops fan I don't know what game you saw but to say the refs were against 4 winds is laughable.  they are constantly hand checking the ball carrier, which i believe the nba even passed a rule to combat.  and i suppose you didn't think lovejoy deserved the t when he blatantly cussed at the ref.  the refs werent perfect but they missed as many calls for s-m as they did for 4 winds.  littlewind was constantly moving his feet before the ball was down.  4 winds is a good team but take away the opening 5 minutes and it was a fairly even game.  the s-m team exposed a lot of holes in their d the last 3 1/2 quarters.

The Ref'n just plan sucked!  There was one man on the ref team that should know better!  You know who you are!  CP!  It is pretty sad when Fans have to concentrate on keeping the refs in line than cheering on their own team!  There is no fun in that
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:16 am

Shells, you weren't even at the game!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:45 am

nativegolfer wrote:Shells, you weren't even at the game!

And I still have more insite that you!  John Lohnes, how embarrassing is that for you!!
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:20 pm

Sheldon and John......WOW.

Postby untouchable » Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:20 am

http://www.northdakotapreps.com/forum3/201.html

check this topic out.  its from the Class A Section.  very true.

I think marty said he passed dean up with his average of about 36 w.p.p.g. and 13 w.a.p.g. when he was a senior at FW.  i know j-lo must have some impressive stats from when he was in high school.  still..., we can't forget how important the c-squad really is to our programs.
untouchable

Return to Boys