Who'll be All State this year?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby joey32 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:07 pm

[font=arial]So who do you think will be all state this year? Kellen Littlewind could be a possibility? Well I know Jaden Voth, Payton Tivis, are definately in. Who else?[/font]
joey32

Postby Rebel » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:19 pm

I think alot depends on who makes the state tournament because there are so many good ones out there.

I would say here are some for sures.

Tivis from Bowman, Voth from G-U, Florhaugh from PBK, Jeff Smith from Hettinger,

I am not sure on who else, I think Bishop Ryan has some studs, I know calvin Kraft from central cass it tough.  Divide county has a good big man inside.  Pauley from Bowman is deserving. 

I don't want to forget the Four Winds guards, but I am sure we will get a paragraph about them in this topic regardless ;) 
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:35 pm

No paragraph here just a line about how either Tony IronHeart or Kel LW deserves to be all-state.  Without either of those two FW isn't undefeated.  JL
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:27 am

So what you are saying is these boys don't deserve the recognition?  You just wrote a paragraph about your boys, but we can't?  Well, you are going to get a paragraph if you don't like it or not! 

Tony Ironheart, Great ball handler, can shoot the three, penetrate and dish, leads this team.

Kalen LittleWind, Also a great ball handler, can shot inside or outside, can take most defenders on his first step. 

Quentin Lovejoy, Can also handle the ball for a big man, may not be able to jump, but a smooth player than can put shots up over most big men! can also hit the three from time to time. 

Riley Smith, Very good defensive player.  Will be assigned to most big men and be on them like white on rice, which will frustrate most big men into fouling

David De La Paz, Tough Offensive scorer, and also can handle the ball.  Can shoot the three, and is a streaky player, he can run the floor!

Any one of these boys can go off in a given night.  If one is off, the other picks it up, and they have a great team chemistry.  They have depth from the bench.  Steve Cavanaugh, great defender and can also get hot. 

Last edited by Indians Alumni on Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Rebel » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:08 am

INDIANS ALUMINI....

It was just a joke.  I mentioned them because they DO probably deserve it, although I am guessing all five of them won't get all state :"  This thread was to talk about all state caliber players, and if you are going to write about all five of a teams starters you must not understand what all state means.  This is an all state thread, not an all district thread.

Also, I talked about boys from all over the state, not just from one team.  Did you know that there are other good players and teams in the state that are not from Four Winds :)????

The chances of a team even getting two players on the all state team is slim to none.  Don't waste everyones time writing about every single aspect of the Four Winds players and their games.  This site is NDPREPS, not FOURWINDSPREPS.

People on this site would probably take you more seriously if you would compliment other players and teams as well, instead of just the one !
Last edited by Rebel on Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:30 am

I would have to say Matt Anderson (Cavalier), Zach Winkler (North Border), Luke Lorenz (Mayville) should probably get consideration for all state. Just a few names from the North east side of state.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:07 am

Rebel wrote:The chances of a team even getting two players on the all state team is slim to none.  Don't waste everyones time writing about every single aspect of the Four Winds players and their games.  This site is NDPREPS, not FOURWINDSPREPS.

People on this site would probably take you more seriously if you would compliment other players and teams as well, instead of just the one !

There should be a web-site though!

I do not have a problem complimenting other teams!  I just don't know any of the other players.  I am all for complimenting kids on hard work and dedication! Rebel, that statements about the players was actually aimed at Nativegolfer, he said without those two they would be nothing.  I am sure other kids would step up, not saying Four Winds would be as good without them, I am just saying they would be a contender still
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Rebel » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:25 am

No Problem Indians Alumni.  That makes more sense now. 

No Harm No Foul :)
Last edited by Rebel on Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:29 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
Rebel wrote:

There should be a web-site though!

While looking around the other day, I did find a web site devoted to the 4 Winds girls basketball team, I was surprized there wasn't one for the boy's.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball3 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:18 am

the west i could see many players making all state... jayden voth glen ullin, payton tivis bowman, jeff smith hettinger, those are the obvious ones but how about tyler fettig from HMB, ross flourhaug PBK, for the juniors luke lorenz MPCG, what about mark bakkum steele-dawson, jacob wheeling killdeer, maybe beu sizer i dont know much about him but i hear he scores.. any else if anybody else has got any
bball3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lambboy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:45 am

for my all state picks i would say that tivis is a lock. also i think voth is a definite lock. smith should be all-state but he doesnt get the recognition he deserves. against killdeer he didn't play very much and his ankle hurt severly and he still dropped 24. the kid can play. and how about florhaug. he is a crazy shooter. his team is also undeafeted. and my final one goes to tyler fettig. great player with NO supporting cast.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bball4life » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:17 am

I would have to agree with you [user=320]lambboy[/user] smith doesnt get the recognition he deserves. I think he should have made All state last year. But this year He would really deserve it. I was glad to see he won Senior of The Year with Tivis. They are both great players
Last edited by bball4life on Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lambboy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:25 pm

some other good players that have a shot at all-state are derek pauley. he is great in the post and can shoot and ballhandle very well. (ask tyler wahus). with tivis putting up the numbers he has pauley has still managed to put up about 18 points a game and like 9 or 10 boards. pretty impressive. how about tom bachmeier? shiloh is one of the hottest teams in the state right now and he is leading them. he can shoot and post up. great player. and ryan ernst. the kid can shoot! he is putting up some big scoring nights and that is very impressive considering how unselfish them trinity boys are. good luck to everybody.

lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby yiddog » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:25 pm

jeff smith started as an 8th grader, four out of the last five years. Smiths stats were better than Tivis'. Head to head this year smith played even with Tivis and  Voth. Smith has already signed to play at BHSU.
Last edited by yiddog on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
yiddog
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys