Coach of the Year? For Class B

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:38 am

Rick Smith should bet Coach of the year, he not only has an undefeated team, he has broken all expectations.  No one expected them to come out this region, it was Langdon or Minn-Leeds.  My vote has to go hands down Coach Rick Smith, Four Winds Indians
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:57 am

I dont see how you say 4 winds wasnt expected out of the region. Langdon had the pre season favorite, 4 Winds was second, and Minn-Leeds was 3rd.  This is the second poll of the year. 6 of 8 teams in the state tourney this year are in this poll and have been in the poll most of the year. It should be an exciting tourney. As far as COTY, Im not going to guess, it's going to be a close one.

1 Bottineau (5)

2 May-Port CG (3)

3 Bowman

4 Pingree-Buchanan-Kensal

5 Richland

6 Dickinson Trinity

7 Four Winds

8 Parshall

9 Hatton-Northwood

10 Langdon
Others Receiving Votes:  Fargo Oak Grove, LaMoure, Central Cass, Velva, Ashley.
Last edited by NATURAL TALENT on Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:20 pm

I just want to congratulate Four Winds coach Rick Smith for being named class B coach of the year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:49 am

ndfan wrote:I just want to congratulate Four Winds coach Rick Smith for being named class B coach of the year.

I concur, well deserved in having those kids reach their full potentials!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:14 am

Well, I'm glad that is settled.  Rick Smith rightfully awarded Coach of the Year honors!!!  Rick was the only person who could have led this team to such an outstanding season, he knows them he cares about them and he treats them with respect.  He proved that the Indians were by far one of the top 3 teams in the state and he also aided in ending the so called "curse" that the Indians could not get it done in the clutch times, not only did they get it done but they made it look easy.

Once again Congrats to my bro Rick and to the 4 winds boys who used and abused, dazzled and inspired.

The Natural:box2:
4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan

Postby lambboy » Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:53 am

four winds is a good team but not the top three. they were lucky enough to get richland 1st round and they were lucky to be in a weak region. may-port, trinity, minot ryan, pbk and bowman are all better in my opinion. if they would have played pbk or ryan 1st round things would have been different. but congrats to them at the tourney.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:28 am

:blahblah:
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:29 am

Thank you lambboy.  As a 4 Winds fan, your posts are always inspirational and uplifting.  Keep up the good work and I'll send you an autographed 4 Winds t-shirt.  Can't wait for next season and your insightful and informed analysis. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys