upcoming talent

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby lambboy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:54 am

first things first, four winds probably won't be very good next year:). just joking i just knew if i said that you guys would blow your tops off like you usually do. look at south heart, the have a freshman by the name of jimmy smith. he is around 6'0, can post up well and has a nice outside shot. Devin schmeling is also from south heart and he looks like he has potential. for a freshman i would have to say he has an excellent shot. im glad somebody recognized thomas burke. he is a great shooter and i think he will score a lot of points next year. he has been in the shadow of breen, tivis, and pauley but next year is his year. and yes he is a great defender.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:57 am

g_unit wrote:rumor is that Tony Ironhawk from FOUR WINDS is comming to DEVILS LAKE next year

fill me in

This is something that has been floating around and he wasn't just blurting a comment out he was just asking if anyone else had heard anything about this and to be filled in on the rumor if anyone knew anything. He wasn't saying that Tony was coming to DL or questioning his loyalty to coach smith he was just wondering if anyone has heard anything, thats all.

When you ask to be filled in on something and wonder if there is any piece of truth you don't need something to back it up because its a question.  If he was argueing on the side that for sure it was going to happen, then yes he would need info to back it up. 

I would like to talk to the Four Winds fans about basketball on this message board but it seems you guys get so defensive when asked anything.  I've watched them play all year, I respect them as a team and they play awesome as a team, so I wish them all the best this weekend.
ND_SportsNut

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:40 pm

Defensive?!  You are right, I am defending them!  Not going to sit back and watch people talk crap about them.  I don't know if you expected them to sit back and just listen to you!  If you want to debate FW, then lets do it, but don't tell me to not be defensive when you take a shot at FW and I am not talking just this forum but in others, and just sit back and listen!  I don't think so.   

Want to be filled in, Tony is Not going to DL!  He has loyalty to his team and Coach Smith.  Although, he would be an asset to DL, I just don't think he would fit in the program.  Different style of game.  Four Winds lets him freelance and well with a player like him, you would have to let him do his thing!
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:57 pm

First off this thread is about upcoming talent, make another thread about Tony Ironhawk, FW's fans have a right to be defensive right now, its all rumor right now. The kid is about to play in the biggest games of his life right now. This is talk for the off season. Or start a different thread and talk about it there.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:12 pm

Amen Brutha!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby OldmanBBall » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:38 pm

Ofcourse people are gonna say things when all your fans do is say how great FW is..you act like your team has come from the gods or something, and I'm sure your team is very good but its not nice to brag up your team when no one else is doing it on the same level, therefore..people become nervous when they read all this stuff about FW.

Good luck at the tourny everyone!
OldmanBBall

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:03 pm

I've said that all along.....brag brag brag, let the kids play basketball, you shouldnt need to come on the net and start some brag session about how great they are. Say one thing that a 4 winds fan doesnt understand, or one thing that they feel isnt correct and they jump all over people. Oh well.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:36 am

OldmanBBall wrote:Ofcourse people are gonna say things when all your fans do is say how great FW is..you act like your team has come from the gods or something, and I'm sure your team is very good but its not nice to brag up your team when no one else is doing it on the same level, therefore..people become nervous when they read all this stuff about FW.

Good luck at the tourny everyone!

So what you are saying is let you guys brag up your teams?  I mean you don't we have the right to be proud of our boys and express that in words?  When someone takes a cut at FW's we don't have the right to defend them.  I don't know what you expect me to do, let you talk smack and not say a word.  Doesn't really flush in my toilet! 

Natural Talent, correct me if I am wrong but weren't you all defensive for DL, when I posed a challenge, DL vs FW in a charity Bball game?  I guess we lost our short term memory.  So don't try to come off as non-discriminative party!  You defend your team, just like I have the right to defend ours.  Keep taking shots, I'll keep defending
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby OldmanBBall » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:03 pm

Indians Alumni..did you not understand what i typed above, I said that FW fans brag up their team more then any other team by far..just look at how many threads are about FW.  There is nothing wrong with you supporting or defending your boys, but when you guys say how good you are from the teams you've beat its kind of like taunting everyone else because everyone is playing teams like FW is playing.
OldmanBBall

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:09 pm

How about this "shot," Im not from DL and would never support them. I said 4 Winds wouldn't beat DL, along with many other people. I have not defended my team, I have no need to brag any team up either. I dont need to start posts just to brag about "my team."

Taken from the thread FW vs DL

"I dont see 4 Winds beating DL. Never happen. Take Mertens, Hunt or Lundon away from DL and you might be close to beating them. There is just too much firepower with DL and 4Winds would have nothing to do to stop DL's inside game. You could feed Mertens the ball on the block all day long and he would score. "

NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:13 pm

Actually I wouldn't say all 4 Winds brag up their team more than the other fans.  I know that we have a ton of 4 Winds fans who are registered and prefer to just read the posts or add a comment here or there, but don't participate in "smack" threads.  

Indians Alumni, nativegolfer, and 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan have made their feelings clear about the topics they are interested in.  Cool, I respect that, arguing with them isn't going to change their opinion.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby OldmanBBall » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:18 pm

I agree with you a lot, i dont think their opinions can be changed either, but heck..no ones going to stop supporting their team.

Good luck everyone!
OldmanBBall

Postby UNC1 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:32 pm

A nother good player is Travis Thielen from Bowman. I have seen him play he can post u up or he can take u off the dribble. He has a pretty good jump shoot. O ya he is 6' 3".
UNC1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNC1 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:35 pm

A nother good player is Jake Mason a frosh from Bowman. He has a relly nice shoot. He is like JJ Reddick when he shoot the three u no its going in.

UNC1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:13 pm

Ok UNC1, are you kidding us or what? I looked at Bowmans roster and neither of those players even made the varsity squad....JJ Redick....mmmhmm, you would think he would have made varsity, probably even started if he is that good......get off your own bandwagon and show us some facts.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby lambboy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:41 pm

im sure he just meant that he is a good shooter. plus, look how good that varsity squad was, its probably hard to make it.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby lefty » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:07 pm

i can't wait to watch parshall play next year, they're going to be stellar
lefty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:21 pm

Lambboy, he has 2 posts, and both were bragging about 2 kids that arnt on a varsity roster.....THE ROSTER even. How can they be that great if they cant make the roster over other kids who ride the pine??? COME ON
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby 5244 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:51 am

did anyone see Austin Vetter from minot ryan in the state tourney. he is only a sophomore and was on the all tournament team, and basically lead his team in scoring in all 3 games(11-17-20). in the 5th place game he was 4-5 from behind the arc, and pretty much domintated the post when mitch mayer was out with fouls. he is 6 foot 4 and can play any where on the floor. minot ryan also starts another sophomore in Brooks Backes he isnt a scorer, but hustles and plays defense. just some names from the western part of the state to keep in mind the next few years.(both also great football players).
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNC1 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:22 pm

speaking of alex wolf... i was at the beach booster tournament. I had to ref. and i was watching alex playing on one of the beach squads. in one game, i think he had 39 points and 22 boards. that is pretty amazing for one game. just think if he does that every game next year and the years after that.

*Edited by 1337
Last edited by UNC1 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UNC1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:00 am

I remember this year there was a big Sophomore kid from Dunseith!  Dunseith coach should be drooling at that, they should have that kid in as many camps, clinics, and acceleration programs as possible.  Even if that kid is done growing he has a heck of a head start. 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby spartan1 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:12 am

UNC1 i thought u were suposed to be refing the game not keeping stats.:)
spartan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby B-ball1 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:14 am

Ive heard of the travis thielen kid play but i think hes too big to be playing
B-ball1

Postby lambboy » Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:37 am

i have heard that thielen kid is WAY TOO BIG too even be playing. hes like an 8th grader that is a giant. personally i think he is way too big.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:04 am

How big is way to big?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys