upcoming talent

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby quick-draw-mcgraw » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:30 pm

does anyone know of any outstanding freshman that will be good in the years to come.

there's alex wolf from bowman who's an absolute giant. I think he's 6'5" or something. I think he's 2nd or 3rd off the bench down there.

there's that marshall kid from hazen i think who starts for the varsity team. He's a pure athlete and ive had the privalege to watch him play in the bowman-hazen game.

Does anyone know any more?
quick-draw-mcgraw

Postby CLASSB2001 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:08 pm

Mike Smith from North Border. 6'4".  Not that it's everything, but legend had it he averaged about one dunk per game in 7th-8th grade games.  My friends up there told me that he is a real good shooter, too.
CLASSB2001
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bisonman » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:58 pm

Ben Holen from Lamoure looks to be a prodigy of his old brother Jake who plays for the Jimmies.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby quick-draw-mcgraw » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:10 pm

does holen get very many varsity minutes like wolf and marshall
quick-draw-mcgraw

Postby bisonman » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:20 pm

If you're talking about Jake, he's started Varsity at JC since his freshman year.
Last edited by bisonman on Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby quick-draw-mcgraw » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:21 pm

Actually i was talking about ben. this is called upcoming talent of course. does he get many varsity minutes or doesnt he play varsity yet.
quick-draw-mcgraw

Postby bisonman » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:24 pm

Ohh, the whole Wolf and Marshall thing screwed me up. Yea, Ben has been starting in Lamoure since his freshman year. He's shorter but can shoot very well and is fast. His first step is very quick.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby monkeykiller_21 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:39 pm

Well i dont know much about the freshmen but i do know about a junior from Bowman.....His name is BJ Moser.....he plays great defense and can score for anywhere on the court.....He should lead Bowman to a great year next year as well.
monkeykiller_21

Postby quick-draw-mcgraw » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:40 pm

yeah i heard he was quite a ball player and really strives to work hard. he will be bowmans "X factor" next season. I'm looking forward to watching him next year.
quick-draw-mcgraw

Postby quick-draw-mcgraw » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:44 pm

I've seen him play a couple times. He's alright i guess. He does need to get a lot bigger to be a force. The reason why he didn't get much recognition because of the all the bowman talent they have. But, thats enough about him.
quick-draw-mcgraw

Postby 1337 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:14 pm

Sticks to the topic boys and girls. The rules are very clear around here.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby quick-draw-mcgraw » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:41 pm

are there any good freshman from the eastern part of the state.
quick-draw-mcgraw

Postby quick-draw-mcgraw » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:43 am

i know of a good freshman who will be good in a few years. His name is Bobby Robertson. He can do anything on the court. He is a tremendous shooter with outstanding moves and quickness (despite his torn acl which he suffered in the football season) He will be a force in a couple years because he is just plain outstanding.
quick-draw-mcgraw

Postby iluv4winds » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:40 am

Chad Marshall from Hazen is only a freshman and is average double figures this year. 

Austin Defualt is a six foot 8 guard from Kildeer that is pretty tough but needs to get stonger.

Scarlett Sivhovec is a stud from the West.  He has a nice well rounded game. 
iluv4winds
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lambboy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:37 am

i heard of that scarlett svihovec. i hear he has a very, very pretty shot. i have heard he is probably the best shooting freshman in the state. but people tell me is slow and needs to hit the weights. i watched one of them c squad games down in b-town and he was just casting the whole game. it was unbelievable. great, great shooter, needs to get quicker though.
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonman » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:32 am

Mark Bakkum from Steele has a really nice shot. He was hitting threes last night from way behind the arc on Lamoure. He also can dish it off and find the open man. He's a Senior next year.
bisonman
NDPreps Starter

Postby PBKfan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:13 pm

Yes, I've heard good things about Marshall and Dufalt but nothing about Swchovic or whatever. My friend from Killdeer, Biffert, he told me that Thomas Burke from Bowman has a very good jump shot and plays excelllent defense. He also mentioned Matt Bagley is a good shooter ever heard of him? Oh and Jordan Maher also?
PBKfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballuvr » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:34 pm

The Puritinun boy from Linton, [formerly HMB], is a freshman that has played some varsity since 7th grade. He is steady and very poised. He will continue to develop and be part of Linton reloading year after year. His name will be called in 3 more Regional tourneys I'm sure.

Ben Holen from LaMoure played some as a freshmen but started all year as a soph. He is a very good 3 sport athlete who is the epitomy of a gym rat. He will not be outworked.

Caleb Shockman from LaMoure is a 6'5" soph. who is destined to have 2 pretty good years. Great shooting range and quick off the dribble. Fortunately he likes to play inside. He likely has 2-3 inches left to grow.

There are some I'm forgetting that I will throw in later. thanks

bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby g_unit » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:56 pm

rumor is that Tony Ironhawk from FOUR WINDS is comming to DEVILS LAKE next year

fill me in
g_unit
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:07 am

G Unit, thats funny as heck!  Why would he go from a school that has talent waiting in the wings to a school that lost all five of it's starters and will struggle to win 10 games next year?  Not many people know that 4 winds' JV was also undefeated and a couple of those kids on the bench could start for most of the teams in the tourney.  Take my word - he's not going to DL.  Peace.  JL
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:13 am

He didn't ask to be attacked for asking a question all he asked was if anyone else had heard anything about this.
ND_SportsNut

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:25 am

How is that an attack?  Just stated facts and gave my opinion as a person close to the program.  JL
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby theefollman » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:05 am

That is a really harsh thing to say that it will be hard for DL to win 10 games since there JV team had only 3-4 loses all year. They might not have a travis Mertens on there team next year but they will be a contender for the EDC top spot. They will have BJ mertens who is a heck of a player and than they have the talent comming up to fill in spots around him. Jordan Mertens is 6'6" and if he gets some muscle on him and gets a little more aggressive he could become a great player inside and he also has the shot to shoot some outside shots. I have heard a lot about Tony Ironheart comming to DL too. If you havent realized Native Golfer Four Winds will be in the same boat as DL next year. They are losing 4 of there starters and DL is only losing 4 starters since BJ is comming back. Also heard a player from up north might be moving to DL and he averaged around 14-15 points as a sophomore this year. Not to bad. He is also 6 feet and can shoot and is quick. I have seen him play a few times. SO DONT SAY DL WONT BE A GOOD TEAM NEXT YEAR. THEY WILL DO JUST FINE!!
Last edited by theefollman on Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
theefollman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:24 am

Ahh, geez, I'm sorry for hurting peoples feelings on the board.  Not!  If you come on here and start rumors your going to take some heat.  I stated my opinion on the DL's program and was attcked.  But I'm not gonna cry about it.  Just my opinion, if I'm wrong I'm wrong.  But started rumors with absolutely no substance is another thing. 

One more thing I didn't state in my previous post is that Tony IH has a ton of respect for Coach Smith and will play for him in his senior year.  Peace.  JL
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:07 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:He didn't ask to be attacked for asking a question all he asked was if anyone else had heard anything about this.

Well, you are going to be attacked if you start just blurting out comments without anything to back it up.  Why would you want to go from a team that has some potential next year to a team that lost all of its starters?  Dakotagolfer has brought up a good point.  Why would you be disloyal to Coach Smith?  IronHeart would not fit in the DL program.  Don't really see to many kids that went to school out in DL starting for DL.  Too many politics come into play! As a former student athlete from Fort Totten playing Football for DL, I know what kind of politics come into play!  I just didn't realize it until after the fact!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys