Thats One.

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby OldmanBBall » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:11 pm

honestly 4 winds being actual contenders i dont give a crap they have played teams that my grandmas summer leage could have beat yea there scores look good but there run and gun and keep the starters in for the whole game it is easy to run up the score. They are not going to do andything productive when they play a halfways decent team.
OldmanBBall

Postby spartan1 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:58 pm

i think richland takes 4winds out first game in state. just a hunch.
spartan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby itsallabouteddie » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:10 am

I agree with Richland beating Four Winds. I think they are a good team but when you play in probably one of the weakest regions in the state, I just can't see them doing that well at state. No big game experience whatsoever for them. I think that with them being on TV they were be too cute with the ball and make alot of mistakes. You Indians fans say that no one has ever seen a team like Four Winds, well I'm pretty sure that that Four Winds has never seen any of the teams like the ones they will see at state. I don't think they have seen defenses like they will see at state, i don't think they've seen the guards that they will see at state. I think Four Winds is in for a rude awakening but I'm glad they made it, I was always disappointed when they would lose in the regionals. I hope they do well but I think a state title is too much to ask.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:56 pm

Richland has played in some big games this year.  They played Minneapolis Delasalle and Shanley.  I think they also played some more pretty decent Minnesota teams.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:05 pm

No big game experience at all!  That's what we heard from alot of people on this borad going into the regional final and that Langdon was going to take care of us because they are a good team.  Well guess what, we win by 15! Just keep giving us motivation.  And getting to cute with ball, whoa.  Ironheart and Littlewind are 2 of the best gaurds your going to see this weekend.  Ironheart - 20 ppg and 6 apg, Littlewind - 16 ppg and 7 apg.  But the key is that they make very few mistakes.  And if we come out of a weak region, then what makes region 1 so tough?  No ranked teams other than Richland?  JL
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby itsallabouteddie » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:18 pm

nativegolfer wrote:No big game experience at all!  That's what we heard from alot of people on this borad going into the regional final and that Langdon was going to take care of us because they are a good team.  Well guess what, we win by 15! Just keep giving us motivation.  And getting to cute with ball, whoa.  Ironheart and Littlewind are 2 of the best gaurds your going to see this weekend.  Ironheart - 20 ppg and 6 apg, Littlewind - 16 ppg and 7 apg.  But the key is that they make very few mistakes.  And if we come out of a weak region, then what makes region 1 so tough?  No ranked teams other than Richland?  JL

I never said you'd lose to Langdon, I knew you'd beat Langdon. When I say big game experience I mean a close game where they might be down by 10+ or down late in a game and have come back to win. How do you think Four Winds will react if they get down big early or late in a game. Richland has some big game experience, plus they won the state football title, and alot of the bball players were on that team. And yes Region one is a much better region than Four Winds. Central Cass was ranked, Oak Grove was ranked, Hankinson was ranked, Richland was and i think still is ranked. I see about 5 teams in the tournament that I would pick to beat Four Winds. Ryan and PBK because of their size, Trinity because they have experience at state, MPCG, cause they play great defense and have good depth size and ball handling, and Richland cause they can play great D and have good guards.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby itsallabouteddie » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:22 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:Don't you think teams have tried to slow the tempo? It has not worked!!!  Kinda hard to slow the tempo without the ball.  FW has a good defensive team also!  The pick the pockets of top guards.  I don't think MPCG can get the ball past half court, against FW press or full court man to man defense

what top guards have they played against? ask clearbrook-gonvick's team if MPCG can shut down a high scoring team. MPCG probably will not have much trouble at all with your defense
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby bluedevilbball » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:24 pm

I do agree FW hasn't seen alot of the talented guards in the state until the tournament and will they be able to handle the size of some of these other teams.  It should make for an interesting tourney.  A balanced team that doesn't make many mistakes could be the ticket.  In the PBK Lamoure showdown there was a combined total of 6 turnovers in that game that is unheard of. 
bluedevilbball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:34 pm

Justin Flink was the best guard 4 Winds has seen this year and all he did was drop in 25 points.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Batman » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:36 pm

Let em have their fun.  Until they lose they can brag because so far they've backed it up.  It's gonna be hard to win this trophy, there is a world of talent descending upon the Bismarck Civic Center.

Who's got tickets?!!
Last edited by Batman on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:30 am

I was gonna get tickets but i decided to just watch it on tv because of the NCAA tournament.  I might go to some games on Saturday.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:16 am

itsallabouteddie wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:Don't you think teams have tried to slow the tempo? It has not worked!!!  Kinda hard to slow the tempo without the ball.  FW has a good defensive team also!  The pick the pockets of top guards.  I don't think MPCG can get the ball past half court, against FW press or full court man to man defense

what top guards have they played against? ask clearbrook-gonvick's team if MPCG can shut down a high scoring team. MPCG probably will not have much trouble at all with your defense

What tough tandum guards have they shut down? IronHeart and Littlewind will take on any one of your "top" guards!!!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:22 am

Thunder wrote:I hope this weekend comes soon it is really gettin old with all these guys bragging up four winds and acting like they are the best team in the state.... This is a big tournament for these kids and u can never predict what will happen tournament time.. there are eight good teams that are goin to be playing this weekend and for right now four winds got there work cut out for them but i guess anybody can brag a team up.. so i can't wait to see what will happen this weekend... Good luck Four Winds!!! and to the rest of the teams also..

Well, like I said Passivism is not one of my qualities, I see you (forum) call out FW and say they have nothing, I am going to defend that, as I would expect any of you to defend your teams.  Well weren't they number two in the last rankings, well I guess we are not the only others that think they are one of the top teams in the state!  So we are not alone in thinking FW has a chance of taking the Show!  Gotta come a little stronger next time.  "this is a big tournament..." Way to state the obvious John Madden!  Come with something a little more than that!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby OldmanBBall » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:08 pm

Yeah and all you guys say is how great the four winds team is..well, four winds shouldn't even be rated 2nd over PBK's 3rd..who has four winds beat? Langdon is a decent team by the sounds of it..otherwise..both teams are undefeated and PBK has had to beat Lamoure ranked 10th four times!! PBK also beat Ellendale which was ranked 10th at one point..I mean who does PBK have to beat to prove they should get that 2nd or 1st spot?!

Both teams are very good I'm sure and both are undefeated..I guess we will find out this weekend who gets what..
OldmanBBall

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:50 pm

Four Winds did beat Belcourt and a few Minnesota teams.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:31 pm

By the way did you see that Red Lake, a team 4 Winds beat by 17, is playing in the MN 8AA north final tonight.  I did a little research and near as I can tell that would simular to a regional final in ND.  So they have played someone of note. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby itsallabouteddie » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:27 am

nativegolfer wrote:By the way did you see that Red Lake, a team 4 Winds beat by 17, is playing in the MN 8AA north final tonight.  I did a little research and near as I can tell that would simular to a regional final in ND.  So they have played someone of note. 

The MN north final is about the equivalent to the district title or the region semifinal, they also lost. Just keep thinking to yourself that 4 Winds has played a bunch of quality teams cause really they haven't.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby Cardinal69 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:11 am

Edited by Administrator
Last edited by Cardinal69 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cardinal69

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:31 am

Hey man!  Is there anything wrong with being excited about your team going to state for the first time in 47 years?  You ever engage in a little smack talk?  Every teams fans should come on this board and brag and talk a little smack!  There's nothing wrong with it and it's good, clean fun.  If your offended by it then go back to your milk and brownies and don't reply.  Peace.  Go Indians!!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Cardinal69 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:52 am

GO RICHLAND

Cardinal69

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:52 am

I dont think that was necessary at all.  Theres just certain things you can say on this board.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby COACHWEST » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:56 am

Not cool Cardinal!!  My guess is that your too young to take this as the serious board it is meant to be.  We all are entitled to our opinions, yes.....but some things you need to keep to yourself.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby daveinnd » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:07 am

Personally I think high school sports should be more about sportsmanship,  even among the fans,  leave the smack to college and pros,  like cut down the green bay packers or something. :)  But to each his own.

I remember there being a high school forum years ago,  and the bad mouthng got pretty bad on there, and was shut down.  Would hate to see that happen here,  its nice having a site to get information and read about other teams.

I just can't wait for tomorrow to watch the kids prove it on the court. Good luck to all teams!
daveinnd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WildWarrior » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:32 am

daveinnd wrote:Personally I think high school sports should be more about sportsmanship,  even among the fans,  leave the smack to college and pros,  like cut down the green bay packers or something. :)  But to each his own.

I remember there being a high school forum years ago,  and the bad mouthng got pretty bad on there, and was shut down.  Would hate to see that happen here,  its nice having a site to get information and read about other teams.

I just can't wait for tomorrow to watch the kids prove it on the court. Good luck to all teams!

I can't agree more!!!  Let the games begin and the kids can prove it on the court
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:59 am

WildWarrior wrote:
daveinnd wrote:Personally I think high school sports should be more about sportsmanship,  even among the fans,  leave the smack to college and pros,  like cut down the green bay packers or something. :)  But to each his own.

I can't agree more!!!  Let the games begin and the kids can prove it on the court

Can't agree with you more Daveinnd! 

Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys