Thats One.

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:44 am

Well anyone wanna take some more shots at 4 winds after they walked through the District tournament even easier than New Rockford had in the past few years, granted the District is a little down since then but what an impressive way to kick off post-season play by the Indians.   104-36, 86-46, 60-40.  Not too shabby is it?  Did anyone else dominate their districts in this manner...... hmmm Mayville squeaked out a 36-28 snoozer against Hillsboro, Ashley went down, Langdon struggled, PBK struggled, etc.....

Also congratulations to Rick Smith in being justly voted District 7 Coach of the Year.

Keep on rollin boys.

The Natural
4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:10 am

Has De la Paz dunked much this year, I saw he gave it a try last night, just wondering if he's been doing it in games much this year?
ND_SportsNut

Postby daveinnd » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:17 am

I am still waiting for someone to say that four winds can beat duke,  after all,  duke has struggled a few games this year.
daveinnd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:25 am

:shock: I bet they can
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND_SportsNut » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:32 am

Ya, I think winning the district gives them an automatic bid into the NCAA Big Dance. I heard the #1 seeds are going to be Duke, Villanova, UConn,and Four Winds.
ND_SportsNut

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:33 am

De La Paz has dunked in at least one game this year at the 4 winds shootout and it was either against Belcourt or Standing Rock, I was as surprised as everyone because I've coached him and he never attacked the basket like that before so it was nice to see him take it to the rack like Tom Chambers.

Duke in a close one 88-84.

The Natural  

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:07 am

Well Four Winds is the best team in the country.  I think they could beat Oak Hill Academy or Gred Oden's team.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:26 pm

4 Winds Indians Hoops fan I just wanna know if you think Four Winds is going to walk through Regionals and State?? Is Four Winds going to be the 2006 North Dakota class B state champions? What makes them better then the other top teams in the state?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:03 pm

He cant seem to see beyond Four Winds, ndfan. Langdon, Minnewaukan-Leeds, and Wells County are all waiting for the regional tournament. To say these teams can beat Four Winds is no lie. Wells County has given them their stiffest test of the year, Four Winds has beaten Minnewaukan-Leeds twice and everybody knows its hard to beat a team 3 times, and Langdon has a really good team behind Justin Flink.

As far as winning a State Championship, I just dont see it.  I said it before that Four Winds has no inside presence and it showed last nite. 7 points between the two starters. Cline from Minnewaukan-Leeds, average player....if that, totally ate their inside game up in the second half. A real good post player is all it "should" take to beat a Four Winds team.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndtaterman » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:43 pm

My comment on the game last nite is posted in the district tournament results forum.
Last edited by ndtaterman on Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison_18 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:12 pm

Walking through your district doesn't mean a whole lot. It probly doesn't help either. If your district isn't very strong, that could hurt the team in the regional tournament when they have to play tougher teams, but i guess we'll see what happens.
bison_18
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDbballfan » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:38 pm

Four Winds may have costed through districts, but that doesn't mean to much.  One bad game in the regional tourny is all it takes to end a perfect season. 
NDbballfan

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:05 pm

You all are so great at restating the obvious over and over again.  First it was Districts is a different season, now it's Regional is a whole different season, well let me put the speculation to rest by calling it right now. 

I guarantee 4 Winds is going to state, as far as what happens there, it is hard to say but noone in the Region is gonna hang with them, so say what you'd like, but 4 winds is going to be state tournament bound....very soon.

Don't gimme that its hard to beat a team 3 times, Langdon is looking tough, oh and I guess you think Munich-Starweather also has a shot at beating them right??  LOL you guys are hilarious.

The Natural

Postby 1337 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:14 pm

[user=12]SCC[/user] wrote:
Never, ever, guarantee.

Yeah that isn't a good thing to get in the habit of doing. Especially around a message board. You're sure to hear about it. I hope the best for your prediction :)
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndtaterman » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:52 pm

Did you ever think about a sprained ankle or a torn ACL.  I  saw it happen one year to a team in Regionals.   They never recovered from losing one of their top players.  Got 4th. Never guarantee anything.
Last edited by ndtaterman on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndtaterman
NDPreps Starter

Postby spartan1 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:06 pm

I'd laugh if Four Winds loses in regionals, just because you guaranteed them going to state.
spartan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbjay » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:25 pm

The only known cure for a bad case of egoism is a good dose of humility
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDbballfan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:48 pm

I am just sick of hearing indians hoops fan brag up Four Winds like they are the best team district 7 and region 4 has ever seen.  We know they are a good team and are having a heck of a season and i'm glad to see them doing well because i know Rick and he's done good things with that program, but still, that was Four Winds first district title in how long?  I mean New Rockford, Wells County, Leeds, Sheyenne-Minnewaukan all had been powerhouse programs in district 7 and region 4 and they continue to bring out quality teams each year and all have plenty of district and region titles between them.  So you really shouldn't be talking about how they walked through easier than teams past, because there has been plenty of years past where the teams i mentioned above have been in the district championship and regional tourny without Four Winds being there.
NDbballfan

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:10 am

:clap:   Well the award for best smack so far goes to 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan.

The topic is just a little good smack, no harm, no foul.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 4 Winds Pride » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:45 am

[font=comic sans ms]i like your confidence hoops fan, but just don't jinx us!  ......dang.........to late.  just remember, anything can happen.  but i do like the way you get these other people fired up.  it's very entertaining to see how they reply to your comments.........but.............whatever. :D[/font]
4 Winds Pride

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:07 am

I love the confidence that Indians Hoops Fan brings, I like the energy!  Yeah, Leeds Minn, New Rockford have been powerhouse's, they run Tight Programs.  But you got to give credit where credit is due!   

Four Winds has had some good teams in the past, I remember the days of Fred Longie, Kenroy Rainbow, Sean Gourd, BJ Robertson.  Those were some good teams.   I think any of those teams back then would dominate teams today! (In General)   Four Winds 94-95 team would definately dominate today!  Region 4 then was one of the toughest!  We had Carrington, Dakota Prairie, & Harvey.  Those teams were all tough.  Carrington won it that year, I believe.  Jimmy Kleinsasser, Larry Larson, Wick, Dakota Prairie was tough also, Scott Hanson & Kevin Forde.  Those were the days of Basketball.
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDbballfan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:19 am

yeah i wasn't trying to discredit the Four Winds program, over the past few years they have started to become the powerhouse team in district 7 and they deserved to win it this year, and yeah that 94-95 from FW was really good.
NDbballfan

Postby hoopsfan » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:27 am

Those FW games at the DL Sports Center were so fun to watch in 94-95 and even a couple yrs later.  But they would always break your heart in the end.  I think they are about due to push past the curse!
Last edited by hoopsfan on Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
hoopsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:15 am

It would have been nice to get that team into state, but Dakota Prairie put an end to that!  That year, FW had lost to those teams buy a small margin 3 points against DP and 3 points against Carrington. 

Even teams back in the late 80s early 90s, Leeds was tough, Haagenson Brothers, Erik Engstrom.  Before Shey and Minn co-oped, Minn had Sears and Ploium.  They were always tough.  Lakota was tough with Burkhardt. 
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby joey32 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:37 pm

yes my brother has dunked! he could put it down most of the time but he doesnt get the ball much as he should.
joey32

Next

Return to Boys