Shot clock for Class B?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndsubball » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:52 pm

why would you want to get away from the 3 point line they use that in college and they have to devlop their skills in high school with a shot clock becuase they use it in college anyways
ndsubball

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:08 pm

I know that like i said it will never happen. Because everyone is in love with the three point line. I just think the game would be better with out it, without it i think kids would try to get closer to the basket which would make for better shots and could possibly make for higher scoring games. Like I said it will never happen. But I would love to see it. Just my opinion, not saying it should change just something i'd like to see.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:18 pm

I don't know if a shot clock would really change much.  It would probably be a 45 second clock and that would only affect a couple shots per night.  Is it worth the extra trouble  of installing it and running it?  The shot clock would mainly stop teams from gaining a big lead and then going into a stall offense, wouldn't it?  
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:28 am

ndfan wrote:If anything I would actually like to see class B get rid of the three point line. Get kids away from shooting so far away from the basket and make them move in and take easier and better shots. I know it will never happen but i would rather see that happen then a shot clock.

Wow!  I really didn't see in any logic behind this statement.  I mean, would you want kids to develope long range shots, make them a better all-round player?  Putting in a the three point line equalized a team without inside presents and shooters with a team that had an inside presents.  Infact, I would like to see them move the three point line further out!  In college and High School.  Kids are getting bigger stronger, and more athletic.  Adapt the game.  Put in the shot clock!
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SiouxUND » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:50 pm

Yes, it is too boring watching a team up by 2 with four minutes left in the game hold for the last shot.  I'm sorry it's schmee ball.
SiouxUND
NDPreps Starter

Postby classbfan » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:40 am

I hate the stall offense just about as bad as I hate the prevent defense in football.  But on the other hand I have seen more games lost by a team that was up by a few points and put a stall on.  A shot clock may make the game more interesting, but it is not class B basketball.  Good defense is class B basketball.
classbfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby puck71 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:18 am

I think a shot clock is a good idea for Class B basketball, but I think the NDHSAA should keep an eye on other states and follow what they do, especially states in the region.

45 seconds is too long. I think 35 seconds would be best - that length of time would come into play a few times a game, but 40 or 45 seconds would basically never be a factor. If it will never be a factor there's no reason to add it.
puck71
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Batman » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:22 am

I listened to the Williston/West Fargo game the other day and I think West Fargo had 15 pts. at the half.  :?    I thought it was ironic that we were debating the merits of the shot clock when I heard that.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby js2125 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:33 pm

Good reason not to have the shot clock in Class B...PBK...Would that game been as good as it was, especially the last few minutes??? 
js2125

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:33 am

What was the score of that game, I mean any action would have been exciting if the score was 34-44. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys