District 3 region 2 webcast

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndfan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:07 pm

Here is where you can get the webcast for District 3 and im thinking the Region 2 tourney will be on it too. District 3 is Mayvilles District, so anybody interested in listening to there games can listen to it here.

http://www.kmavradio.com/?page=sports_schedule
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:12 pm

WOW interesting game, do you know who won the other game there? Anybody hear how district 4 went tonight? Low scoring game has to favor MPCG, a very defensive orientated team.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:26 pm

Wow 36-28 and you call that basketball????  Unbelievable, I think that has got to be the most quiet and boring playoff atmosphere and probably just flat out uneventful for the fans.  Sometimes I think coaches who love to overcoach take away from a game that is designed to be fun and exciting, nobody and I mean nobody loves to watch a 36-28 game I don't care if it is class A B C D or Z.  I couldn't imagine employing a tactic of slowing down the game to a crawl just to maybe keep it close, I say to heck with that let em play, go out in a blaze if your gonna go out. 

I'm not saying that this is an instance of overcoaching but it sure seems like it.  I understand putting your team in the best position to win but 28 points, thats barely an effort.  Anyway I'm sure glad I wasn't watching that snoozer.

The Natural
4 Winds Indians Hoops Fan

Postby ndsubball » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:40 pm

Can i ask why they dont put a shot clock into class B because then all they have to do is pass the ball around for the whole quarter and watch a whole 10 points or less scored if you do that??
ndsubball

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:17 pm

Why is a 36-28 game boring? Thats good basketball played by both teams. Defense wins games. Its better than watching a blowout. By the time the first quarter is over with im ready to go to the bar and talk about "the game." I dont think a lot of people will go for a shot clock because like the saying goes, if it aint broke it doesnt need fixin. Its how a lot of games become interesting. Strategy and such. Taking a key player out of the whole game by playing great D.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:08 am

The old saying comes into mind, which I, somewhat, disagree with, Offense sells tickets and Defense wins championships! Well 99.99% of the fans come to watch a team score, not watch a team play defense!  Your also right there is nothing boring about that low scoring of a game if you are watching football!  I don't think millions of people tune into watch defense!  :cool:
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lefty » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:14 am

i dont know why hillsboro played the way the did.  they didnt start slowing it down until sometime in the second quarter and they were losing.  its alright to slow it down but what they were doing didnt make any sense to me.  they just passed it back and forth right around half court.  didnt seem to me like they even trying to get shots. i can see why a coach would do this if they were winning but they were not.
lefty
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys