District Tournaments for 13 and 14

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ilovemom » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:42 pm

What does everyone think about these two tournies? And what people will have to show up to lead their team through the tournaments?

ilovemom

Postby Rebel » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:43 am

In District 13 I see

1.  Bowman  2.  Hettinger  3.  Mott/Regent  4.  Scranton

In District 14 I see

1.  Trinity  2.  Glenn Ullin  3.  Kildeer  4.  Hazen

I think that if Jaden Voth steps up big time they have a chance to win that district.  In District 13 Bowman just can't beat themselves and they will be fine. 

District 14 is tough because there are several good teams in that district that may not make the region. South Heart, Belfield, and Richardton all would probably make the region is several other districts.  If hettinger played in District 14 they might not even make the top 4, where in District 13 they are almost assured a game against Bowman, and everyone knows that in a one game situation anything is possible. 
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby monkeykiller_21 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:03 am

In 14 I believe that Jaden Voth will play a big roll in his teams performance. Along with Chad Marshal from Hazen, that kid is good for only being a freshmen. I think Chance Appledorn from Killdeer will have to make his presence felt. And from 13, if Scraton wants to make regionals Kevin Aase and Cole Miller will have to step up big in their up-coming games. And finally if Bowman wants to make it all the way they Devan Stoldorf will have to kick it into high gear and get those cups of water out to the guys FAST!!!!!
Last edited by monkeykiller_21 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
monkeykiller_21

Postby bball4life » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:27 am

[user=66]Rebel[/user] wrote:
In District 13 I see

1.  Bowman  2.  Hettinger  3.  Mott/Regent  4.  Scranton

In District 14 I see

1.  Trinity  2.  Glenn Ullin  3.  Kildeer  4.  Hazen

I think that if Jaden Voth steps up big time they have a chance to win that district.  In District 13 Bowman just can't beat themselves and they will be fine. 

District 14 is tough because there are several good teams in that district that may not make the region. South Heart, Belfield, and Richardton all would probably make the region is several other districts.  If hettinger played in District 14 they might not even make the top 4, where in District 13 they are almost assured a game against Bowman, and everyone knows that in a one game situation anything is possible. 

Sorry Rebel but Didnt hettinger Beat Glenn Ullin, Killdeer, Richardton, Belfield, didnt play hazen, and lost only to trinity and south heart?
bball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rebel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:57 am

Yes, that is very true.  I am not saying that Hettinger would NOT make the region, I am just saying it would be much more difficult.  They had a very tight game with Glenn Ullin, and when they played Kildeer, Kildeer was missing their second leading scorer and was battling a flu.  They also barely beat Belfield.  I am just saying that I feel District 14 is very strong this year.  No offense to Hettinger, they are a very good team as well.  But remember what happened when they played the two top teams in the region.  They lost to both Bowman and Trinity by over 25 points each.  Hettinger should have made the region each of the past three years,  and each year they have lost out to a lesser team.  I don't think that will happen this year though. 
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby West Dakota » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:09 pm

The Richardton raiders came out with both barrels a blazin and took out Killdeer tonight, fun game to watch! South Heart and Glen Ullin won also.
Last edited by West Dakota on Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:04 am

Bearcat game "hard foul"
Last edited by West Dakota on Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:08 am

South Heart vs Hazen, South Heart again showed a ton of heart in beating a good Hazen team after loseing a starter early with an ankle injury and another to fouls.

Last edited by West Dakota on Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:17 am

Killdeer sqeaked by Belfield last night in ot, the bantams hit a three at the buzzer but it wasn't in time.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:26 am

In the second game South Heart gave it all they had against Dickinson. They had the lead the first quarter and were close at half even without a starter they lost from the night before due to an injury. The South Heart sophmores stepped up but in the end the Titans rolled thanks in part to a  deep bench that just wears you down.
Last edited by West Dakota on Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:32 am

In the final game of the night the Richardton raiders came out playing hard and the game was close for the first half. In the second half the Bearcats shot better and cranked up the defense and were able to pull away for the win.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:42 am

And Voth  capped the game off with a dunk but was fouled as he went up, he was able to still put it in thou and 1.

Here's an article from the Dickinson Press today.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/Main.asp?SectionID=30&SubSectionID=87&ArticleID=12893
Last edited by West Dakota on Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:24 pm

It was another great night of basketball with Trinity,Glen Ullin, Killdeer and Hazen heading to Regionals.

The Championship game was a real battle for most of the game, Glen Ullin was within 2 with 4 min left in the 4th. But in the end Trinity prevailed, with a bench like they have it will be hard for anyone to beat them in this final week.They just wear you down so much in the end.

Voth took a knee to the thigh early in the second and had to sit out for a while and Schaf got into foul trouble and the tide quickly turned. But the cats fought back and made it a very enjoyable game to watch, regionals should be a good time!

Here's a link to the Dickinson press story on that game.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/Main.asp?SectionID=30&SubSectionID=87&ArticleID=12909

Good Luck to all:)
Last edited by West Dakota on Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:26 pm

Killdeer rolled, putting on a 3 point shooting clinic.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:28 pm

Hazen ran out to an 18-4 lead early but just made it out alive against a scrappy Richardton team.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys