District 3-District 4-Region 2

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby thundastruck. » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:18 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:this may have been a statement game for thompson, hegg finally started to hit open shots and was the difference in the game IMO.  i'm not taking anything away from what they did here, they dominated mayport tonight but im sure since they were playing may port it added a little fuel to the fire of playing against the team that has given them the most problems for as long as i can remember.  Best case scenario for thompson is getting PR in the first round.  Not that PR is weak by any stretch of the imagination but I don't think that a first round match up with grafton would suit them well.  yes you have to be able to beat any teams in the region but I think if they run into grafton in the first round it will be more trouble then PR.  Tommorow nights games could go either way and I think the championship game will be very competitive as the loser of that game gets H-N in the first round who played good today.  Definitely got over whatever was bothering them against CV and are a tough out every year although they haven't won a big game in post season(regional) play since the co-op. Kueber looked comfortable hitting three's today and knocked in i think 3 in the game and played well defensively.  wold had a tough night shooting the ball and couldn't seem to find his usual rhythm.  wallace played good defense on nichols but had trouble finishing his plays in the paint after his initial moves, which are good.

this guy has a great sports mind

great input all the time
thundastruck.

Postby hoop_fan1 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:07 am

Thompson got production from what should be their big 3 every game(Nelson, Hegg & Myron).  In regionals, they'll need that in every game to stay with the district 4 teams IMO.  Hegg's shot selection was very good last night.  Sometimes he tries to do too much.  Nelson was steady the entire game.  They've now played one good game.  I don't see how they will repeat that 3 times in regions.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:27 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:Thompson got production from what should be their big 3 every game(Nelson, Hegg & Myron).  In regionals, they'll need that in every game to stay with the district 4 teams IMO.  Hegg's shot selection was very good last night.  Sometimes he tries to do too much.  Nelson was steady the entire game.  They've now played one good game.  I don't see how they will repeat that 3 times in regions.

yeah i'm sure the thompson fans were glad to see hegg finally hit some of the shots he's capable of.  as far as them in regionals, maybe this was the game that finally gets the wheels turning for thompson and they'll be the team everyone thought they would be to start the season.  myron is really going to have to step up his game in regionals as he did last night.  he was clutch from the free throw line late in the game and rebounded well.  he needs to be more consistent offensively as far as finishing in the paint but he played well last night.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketball » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:31 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:this may have been a statement game for thompson, hegg finally started to hit open shots and was the difference in the game IMO.  i'm not taking anything away from what they did here, they dominated mayport tonight but im sure since they were playing may port it added a little fuel to the fire of playing against the team that has given them the most problems for as long as i can remember.  Best case scenario for thompson is getting PR in the first round.  Not that PR is weak by any stretch of the imagination but I don't think that a first round match up with grafton would suit them well.  yes you have to be able to beat any teams in the region but I think if they run into grafton in the first round it will be more trouble then PR.  Tommorow nights games could go either way and I think the championship game will be very competitive as the loser of that game gets H-N in the first round who played good today.  Definitely got over whatever was bothering them against CV and are a tough out every year although they haven't won a big game in post season(regional) play since the co-op. Kueber looked comfortable hitting three's today and knocked in i think 3 in the game and played well defensively.  wold had a tough night shooting the ball and couldn't seem to find his usual rhythm.  wallace played good defense on nichols but had trouble finishing his plays in the paint after his initial moves, which are good.
Wallace barely guarded Nichols in the game.
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby spud84 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:43 pm

Does anybody know how the Grafton-PR game turned out tonight?
spud84

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:15 pm

grafton by about 15 i believe
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:53 pm

D-4 3 Grafton vs. D-3 2 May-Port CG
D-3 4 Larimore vs. D-4 1 Midway-Minto

D-3 1 Thompson vs. D-4 4 Park River
D-4 2 North Border vs. D-3 3 Hatton-Northwood
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:56 pm

ALL I HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE MIDWAY-MINTO----NORTH BORDER GAME IS

WOW

toughregion2

Postby NBE2007 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:23 pm

North Border would of had that game if they would of just hit some free throws..i heard they were like 4 and 25 or something like that...not totally sure. Other than that..yea it was a great game..i didn't expect Enger to play though

11-32 on Free throws
Last edited by NBE2007 on Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NBE2007

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:54 pm

basketball wrote:
Wallace barely guarded Nichols in the game.
yeah i know they guarded him by committee for the most part but nichols didn't go off like many thought he would.  I was just saying that wallace was able to contain him while he did guard him
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby itsallabouteddie » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:52 am

Region 2 fan wrote:D-4 3 Grafton vs. D-3 2 May-Port CG
D-3 4 Larimore vs. D-4 1 Midway-Minto

D-3 1 Thompson vs. D-4 4 Park River
D-4 2 North Border vs. D-3 3 Hatton-Northwood

wow these look like some brutal matchups, gonna be a great tourney!
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys