Overrated Teams

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby The Schwab » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:07 am

Lisbon is in Region 1....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:10 am

sodadrinker wrote:region 2 does bring a good team to state every year but this year i dont see them doing it again.  everyone thinks mayville, thompson, and larimore are such good teams and i dont understand how they think that when they have all lost to teams that arent even that good.  i could really careless how good they were last year or the year before that.  it doesnt mean they are that good again.
Ummmm.......Mayville is a good team.....thompson is a very scary team if they get hot.....Larimore is a relative unknown....so i dont know how you can say that everyone is talking them up.....Hatton Northwood is a pretty good team...all of the teams in this district 3 are pretty well matched up....as for district 4 i can only comment on the teams that i've seen play.....so.....i cant....sorry....someone will be able to help me out though i'm sure.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:26 am

The Schwab wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:region 2 does bring a good team to state every year but this year i dont see them doing it again.  everyone thinks mayville, thompson, and larimore are such good teams and i dont understand how they think that when they have all lost to teams that arent even that good.  i could really careless how good they were last year or the year before that.  it doesnt mean they are that good again.
Ummmm.......Mayville is a good team.....thompson is a very scary team if they get hot.....Larimore is a relative unknown....so i dont know how you can say that everyone is talking them up.....Hatton Northwood is a pretty good team...all of the teams in this district 3 are pretty well matched up....as for district 4 i can only comment on the teams that i've seen play.....so.....i cant....sorry....someone will be able to help me out though i'm sure.

alot of overrated teams are good but they just arent as good as teams that could be ranked over them but arent.  i really dont understand how anyone thinks that larimore or dakota prairie r such good teams.  larimore has no size and that hager kid can shoot but what else do they have.   dakota prairie has nichols.  u can tell me severson is good but what has he done when hes played against a good pressure defense.  mayville could be a good team, but if they are they arent very consistent and consistency should be taken into perspective when it comes to getting votes.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:48 am

The Schwab wrote:
District 4 has 4 very good teams that they will send to regionals, the top of the district is very strong this year and the bottom is very weak.  Park River has lost 1 game this year when moe played so they are good.  Grafton has been improving alot through the course of the year and will be tough to eliminate.  M-M is very good and have proved it all year, and North Border is having another solid season and will be right there at the end.  any of the 4 teams district 4 sends to regionals has a legitimate shot to go to state.  I think it was said earlier this year that you could take the regional tournament in region 2 and pull a team out of a hat, 4 from district 4 and probably 3 (mpcg, thompson, H-n) from district three and any of those 7 has a good chance at state.  I dont see larimore, CV or DP making state. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:50 am

the teams in region 2 that i will give credit are midway, grafton, north border, and park river.  they are the stand out teams to me.  i believe all them teams deserve more credit than mayville and park river is the only one of them team that is ranked higher which i dont understand.  mpcg, dp, larimore, cv, and thompson i just dont see doing much in the regional tourney.  if they do ill admit that im wrong.  it wont be an easy region to get out of but i dont believe its becuz the teams are amazingly good, i think that they are to close together to know whos the best.  i dont really see region 2 doing much in the state tourney.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bearsfan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:03 am

Once again here we are bashing Beulah..... whats up with that?  They beat DesLacs, Shiloh, Turtle Lake, Killdeer, R-T, Bottineau, Linton, Center-Stanton.... they lose to Trinity, Hazen and WC..... 2 of those teams shot over 62.5% during the game.  I will not ague with anyone here saying that they are NOT a #1 or #2 team...... but they sure have defeated alot of top 10 teams.

You can't compare regions unless you play heads up each other and that game counts for something.  Each team will play the local district games alot different than the out of district games.  And they may even play the region games more serious than out of region games.  Coaches prepare for opponents different.... being a coach myself, I really prepare harder and work on opponents team tendencies closer for teams in my region than I would on teams outside my region.  Those wins are pretty but really don't mean a thing.  They are only practice games getting ready for the tourneys! So the top ten polls just don't mean a thing to anyone except y'all arguing about them.

So to compare regions..... its just a mute point.... ask 4W.....just won't get you anywhere.   
Bearsfan

Postby Ping Pong » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:16 pm

Bearsfan wrote:Once again here we are bashing Beulah..... whats up with that?  They beat DesLacs, Shiloh, Turtle Lake, Killdeer, R-T, Bottineau, Linton, Center-Stanton.... they lose to Trinity, Hazen and WC..... 2 of those teams shot over 62.5% during the game.  I will not ague with anyone here saying that they are NOT a #1 or #2 team...... but they sure have defeated alot of top 10 teams.

You can't compare regions unless you play heads up each other and that game counts for something.  Each team will play the local district games alot different than the out of district games.  And they may even play the region games more serious than out of region games.  Coaches prepare for opponents different.... being a coach myself, I really prepare harder and work on opponents team tendencies closer for teams in my region than I would on teams outside my region.  Those wins are pretty but really don't mean a thing.  They are only practice games getting ready for the tourneys! So the top ten polls just don't mean a thing to anyone except y'all arguing about them.

So to compare regions..... its just a mute point.... ask 4W.....just won't get you anywhere.   

im going to have to agree with u here. beulah would be undefeated in almost any other region along with quite a few region 7 teams. they are a good team who have only lost to other good teams.
Ping Pong

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:22 pm

Ping Pong wrote:
Bearsfan wrote:Once again here we are bashing Beulah..... whats up with that?  They beat DesLacs, Shiloh, Turtle Lake, Killdeer, R-T, Bottineau, Linton, Center-Stanton.... they lose to Trinity, Hazen and WC..... 2 of those teams shot over 62.5% during the game.  I will not ague with anyone here saying that they are NOT a #1 or #2 team...... but they sure have defeated alot of top 10 teams.

im going to have to agree with u here. beulah would be undefeated in almost any other region along with quite a few region 7 teams. they are a good team who have only lost to other good teams.

well hazen beat beulah, which r both good teams, and minot ryan beat hazen pretty easily so im gonna yes them teams in region 7 r good teams but they are  no better than any of the other top teams in the state. 
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:25 pm

that's why they are #2. haha
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:30 pm

lisbon isnt as overrated as mayville and region 7
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys