Region 7, District 14

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Old School » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:12 am

DISTRICT 14

Four the 7 teams are/were State rated and a good team will not make it to regionals. 
Last edited by Old School on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a champ and a chump is U.
Old School
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:20 am

So who are your pics to make region School?

Im going to watch 4Winds vs. Midkota Tuesday: Should be a great game. The fact that Midkota is at home is huge for them, because the home court advantage in that gym is undeniable. It's gonna be a burner.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby Old School » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:27 am

Any one of these five;

Beulah

Dickinson Trinity

Hazen

Killdeer

Richardton-Taylor

Could be in the cheering section at Region 7 tourney

I am all for Parshall and 4winds but the strength of schedule is here.
Old School
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Old School » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:29 am

DISTRICT 14................
Old School
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:30 am

OH you mean REGION 7 not DISTRICT 7
Photo-man-Bob

Postby Old School » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:35 am

Photo-man-Bob wrote:OH you mean REGION 7 not DISTRICT 7

Yes, I meant District 14, Region 7.
Old School
NDPreps Rookie

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:42 am

usually year in and year out region 2 is one of the toughest in the state.  i would have to agree 100% that region 7 is the front runner this year and the team that goes to state should be the favorite regardless of state rankings right now.  making it to state in this region is as tough as it gets. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:01 am

NB and MPCG usually schedule to play at least 2 tough minnesota teams ever year, thompson usually gets into that mix as well.  this year we played kcn and will play stephen argyle to end the regular season.  the dude compton shootout in grand forks is usually a good test for region 2 teams to get some good competition from minnesota schools.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ginsbach » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:24 pm

SCC wrote:I also think region 2 ranks right up there.  Many of the teams try to get at least a game or two against a Minnesota team.  There's probably a few more losses for the region 2 teams than region 7 because it's more competitive from top to bottom.

Hankinson's schedule this season includes 6 Minnesota teams.

C-G-B, Chokio-Alberta, Underwood, Battle Lake, Wheaton, and Fergus Falls Hillcrest.
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby jdeere » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:48 am

region 7 is by far the best in the state   i cant tell anyone who is gunna make it to state out of there    i wish regionals could be played at a neutral site instead of trinity    my picks are for beulah or Rich-Taylor to make it      got to give credit to RT for there crazy hustle and never quiting attitude
"when we play like we play when we play, no one can stop us" Dennis Green
jdeere
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:27 am

We're lucky the regionals will be at Trinity.  That will allow another 1000 people to attend and watch a very exciting tournament..  Its the only place  in the area with the seating and parking  that is neccessary for an event like this...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ping Pong » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:18 pm

excellent point scruffy. also, the location is voted on by area coaches so i would stop complaining.
Ping Pong

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:03 pm

Photo-man-Bob wrote:So who are your pics to make region School?

Im going to watch 4Winds vs. Midkota Tuesday: Should be a great game. The fact that Midkota is at home is huge for them, because the home court advantage in that gym is undeniable. It's gonna be a burner.
Game doesn't mean anything to FW.  They have the top seed in D7 wrapped up.  Just don't want any players to get hurt.  They'll still come and play hard and probably win cause they don't know how to play half speed.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:15 pm

nativegolfer wrote:

Game doesn't mean anything to FW.  They have the top seed in D7 wrapped up.  Just don't want any players to get hurt.  They'll still come and play hard and probably win cause they don't know how to play half speed.

FW wont be able to handle garret harding and the size midkota has.....ironheart will prob have a big game...but i think midkota takes this one at home
fruit snack

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:27 pm

fruit snack wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

FW wont be able to handle garret harding and the size midkota has.....ironheart will prob have a big game...but i think midkota takes this one at home
Here we go again about how FW won't be able to handle a taems size.  Dunseith, Harvey and NB know how FW handles size.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby magic715 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:52 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
fruit snack wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Here we go again about how FW won't be able to handle a taems size.  Dunseith, Harvey and NB know how FW handles size.

Very well said Native, i havnt watched your team, but i know quickness and pressure can beat size, bishop ryan is also an example of that, maybe not as much as FW, but quickness and pressure make up for size, alot of times, if they have talent.
magic715

Return to Boys