Hazen vs. Bishop Ryan

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby basketballler » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:16 pm

Ryan just beat Hazen. I don't remember the exact score but i think it was in the area of around 10 points or so.
A jumpshot will get you a hot girlfriend, a huge house, and a nice car, but none of these things will get you a jumpshot.
basketballler
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:18 pm

basketballler wrote:Ryan just beat Hazen. I don't remember the exact score but i think it was in the area of around 10 points or so.

That surprises me. Were you at the game? If so, how did it go down?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballler » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:20 pm

Ya, I was there...the place was crazy!!!  Ryan fans really showed up. The game was really intense. It was a very good game. I think after Ryan beat Hazen in football they wanted a repeat in basketball.
A jumpshot will get you a hot girlfriend, a huge house, and a nice car, but none of these things will get you a jumpshot.
basketballler
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:22 pm

basketballler wrote:Ya, I was there...the place was crazy!!!  Ryan fans really showed up. The game was really intense. It was a very good game. I think after Ryan beat Hazen in football they wanted a repeat in basketball.

Who scored for Ryan and Hazen. Who played good for Hazen and Ryan? Who didn't play good?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketballler » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:26 pm

I might be a lil off but from what it looked like Matt Mueller was on fire in the first half for Ryan and Brooks Backes also did really good, and of course Austin Vetter put up some points. For Hazen I didn't play as close attention too since im an alumni of ryan and i know those guy, but im guessing Chad Marshall, Kyle Boger, and Brian Sorenson all played pretty good.
basketballler
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 5244 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:40 pm

wow. just got back from the game too.Ryan 73 Hazen 60 or something like that.  the ryan fans were absolutely nuts, that place was so loud. I agree with basketballler Matt Mueller  did really well the first half but cooled off some what in the second half, but still ended up with 20.  Brook Backes was also in double digits with 17, and yes  of course Austin Vetterprobally put up his usal 18 or so. I just cant beilve how loud those "lion crazies" were. hopefull the lions can get into the polls next week.
Last edited by 5244 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketballler » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:42 pm

hey 5244 do you go to ryan?
basketballler
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 5244 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:47 pm

yes

NDPreps Reserve

Postby magic715 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:24 pm

Yes , i would say a very intense game tonight, and yes the Lion fans or student section were loud, but Hazen parents are very loud to, kudos to the adult fans from Hazen, they root hard for there team, it was a fun atmosphere. My opinion on the game was this: Mueller hot in first half , Backes hot in second half for Ryan , and Vetter steady all game long, and the supporting cast was very good for Ryan. Hazen big and strong and fast, Ryan short fast and super quick. For Hazen , i thought Backes kept Marshall in check, he may have ended up with 15 not sure, but dont doubt if he may have held him to 10 or less. Boger was ok , doesnt play as strong as i thought he would, Sorenson looked like he played well, good 10 to 15 ft shooter, at least tonight. Erhardt good ballhandler, thought he could have penetrated more, i feel if they lose him, the would lose alot, he does 95 % of the ball handling. I think most people thought Ryan was a year away from being really good, but this might change my mind, and others as well.
magic715

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:38 pm

baller01 wrote:
basketballler wrote:Ryan just beat Hazen. I don't remember the exact score but i think it was in the area of around 10 points or so.

That surprises me. Were you at the game? If so, how did it go down?

Not really that suprising, Ryan is very underrated with that being their 12th straight win! What a tough schedule Hazen has though down there in Region 7!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys