Jacob Wheeling

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:01 pm

Again, you can say what you want about how he plays ball. I judge a person more on their character than their ability to put a ball in a hoop. I know Austin very well and I enjoy visiting with him. I've learned one thing over the years and that is a person' actions on the court/field do NOT define the type of person they are. Without mentioning names, there are a few Trinity athletes who I thought were the biggest cry-babies in the world, but you know what?? They are classy guys off the field and I would never call them names or make fun of them. I've visited with them at various functions away from athletics and they were very, very nice young men.
ndfbfan

Postby carolina blue » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:05 pm

ndfbfan wrote:Again, you can say what you want about how he plays ball. I judge a person more on their character than their ability to put a ball in a hoop. I know Austin very well and I enjoy visiting with him. I've learned one thing over the years and that is a person' actions on the court/field do NOT define the type of person they are. Without mentioning names, there are a few Trinity athletes who I thought were the biggest cry-babies in the world, but you know what?? They are classy guys off the field and I would never call them names or make fun of them. I've visited with them at various functions away from athletics and they were very, very nice young men.
where did dufualt come into this?
Last edited by carolina blue on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:08 pm

carolina blue wrote:
ndfbfan wrote:Again, you can say what you want about how he plays ball. I judge a person more on their character than their ability to put a ball in a hoop. I know Austin very well and I enjoy visiting with him. I've learned one thing over the years and that is a person' actions on the court/field do NOT define the type of person they are. Without mentioning names, there are a few Trinity athletes who I thought were the biggest cry-babies in the world, but you know what?? They are classy guys off the field and I would never call them names or make fun of them. I've visited with them at various functions away from athletics and they were very, very nice young men.
where did dufualt come into this?
In an earlier post, someone called Austin "dufas" and I responded to that comment. My post was not directed at you or Jacob.
ndfbfan

Postby carolina blue » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:11 pm

ndfbfan wrote:In an earlier post, someone called Austin "dufas" and I responded to that comment. My post was not directed at you or Jacob.

oh ok. i was confused there for a second.

i agree, austin is a good person off the court. thats for sure.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:20 pm

Ping Pong wrote:haha i have definatley heard it. maybe even origionated it haha jk. but i think wheeling is underratted and dufault is overrated. wheeling deserves more credit. thanks for the input on this post as well kyle.

I will agree with you for once tonight. Jacob is underrated. Unfortunately, he's played in the shadows of some great players in region 7. I apologize for sounding so defensive. I just get a little testy when it comes to how some athletes are treated. I've known Jacob and Austin since they were kids and I know they are great guys. Just like Jordan Rising and Dan Carr are awesome guys. Trinity players get crapped on also and that bugs me too. I think Landon Smith is one of the nicest guys I've run across. He was so polite and at a track meet last spring, he even sat and talked to my wife about the game winning shot he had during the championship game. My wife was so impressed with him, and she's not an easy woman to impress!! (she married me for crying outloud!!!!) Have a good night guys.
ndfbfan

Postby carolina blue » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:23 pm

ndfbfan wrote:
Ping Pong wrote:haha i have definatley heard it. maybe even origionated it haha jk. but i think wheeling is underratted and dufault is overrated. wheeling deserves more credit. thanks for the input on this post as well kyle.

I will agree with you for once tonight. Jacob is underrated. Unfortunately, he's played in the shadows of some great players in region 7. I apologize for sounding so defensive. I just get a little testy when it comes to how some athletes are treated. I've known Jacob and Austin since they were kids and I know they are great guys. Just like Jordan Rising and Dan Carr are awesome guys. Trinity players get crapped on also and that bugs me too. I think Landon Smith is one of the nicest guys I've run across. He was so polite and at a track meet last spring, he even sat and talked to my wife about the game winning shot he had during the championship game. My wife was so impressed with him, and she's not an easy woman to impress!! (she married me for crying outloud!!!!) Have a good night guys.

i agree 100%
Last edited by carolina blue on Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby carolina blue » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:26 pm

landon is one of the most humble people i have ever met. doesn't like to have attention on just him. if it is, then he changes the subject or talks about the team.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSUbison! » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:27 pm

Landon was a true class act guy and im sure he will continue to impress us at NDSU....Go Bison!
NDSUbison!

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:55 am

I love how the people on here that are calling Austin names and making fun of him don't even know the guy. Austin is one of the nicest guys I know and is a great ball player. I love how you guys show your jealousy....
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ping Pong » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:15 pm

baller01 wrote:I love how the people on here that are calling Austin names and making fun of him don't even know the guy. Austin is one of the nicest guys I know and is a great ball player. I love how you guys show your jealousy....

i would not say i am jealous of him. maybe if he does somthing huge in a regional game i will be. he is a great perimeter player, and im sure he is a good guy, but he seems to get a little cocky in big situations. im not a huge fan of that, but then again i dont know how i would react in a situation like that.
Ping Pong

Postby letsgosox » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:48 am

Ping Pong wrote:
baller01 wrote:I love how the people on here that are calling Austin names and making fun of him don't even know the guy. Austin is one of the nicest guys I know and is a great ball player. I love how you guys show your jealousy....

i would not say i am jealous of him. maybe if he does somthing huge in a regional game i will be. he is a great perimeter player, and im sure he is a good guy, but he seems to get a little cocky in big situations. im not a huge fan of that, but then again i dont know how i would react in a situation like that.

why don't you quit critcizing people and give someone props for once. youre unbelievable
letsgosox

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:23 am

letsgosox wrote:
Ping Pong wrote:

why don't you quit critcizing people and give someone props for once. youre unbelievable

I was thinking the exact same. You guys really need to grow up. I'm not saying you have to say he is the top junior in the state or anything, because obviously you don't think that, but you don't have to come out and critize the guy for who he is.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSUbison! » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:39 am

He probasbly is the best junior in the state....did we say he isnt.....no. not anywhere in our posts does it say he isnt. We have the right to criticize, thats what these forums are about isnt it? He needs to learn how to post up for once and stop being a baby. Just my thoughts, Ill use these forums for what they are for. To have a debate.
NDSUbison!

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:44 am

NDSUbison! wrote:He probasbly is the best junior in the state....did we say he isnt.....no. not anywhere in our posts does it say he isnt. We have the right to criticize, thats what these forums are about isnt it? He needs to learn how to post up for once and stop being a baby. Just my thoughts, Ill use these forums for what they are for. To have a debate.

To have a debate yes... whether he is the best junior in the state. Not whether we can come up with the best nickname for his last name and come out and say he is a baby. Are you just formulating an opinion on him on the outcome of one game. If you are how do you know he just didn't have a rough game and was getting frustrated and was looking for a call. I think all guys that have played high school basketball at some point and time will say they have whined a little bit for a call. It is part of being a basketball player.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSUbison! » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:48 am

Yes i agree with you. But to look for a call on every call. When you talk of austin what is the one thing that always comes up. He is a whiner. Seriously go to any surrounding town of killdeer and ask the one bad ting about austin.  They will tell you cause he looks for the call everytime. He constantly complains. Im not knockin his game though. The kid can play dont get me wrong. But maybe all his dads complaining has got him complaining to much Just a thought?
NDSUbison!

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:52 am

NDSUbison! wrote:Yes i agree with you. But to look for a call on every call. When you talk of austin what is the one thing that always comes up. He is a whiner. Seriously go to any surrounding town of killdeer and ask the one bad ting about austin.  They will tell you cause he looks for the call everytime. He constantly complains. Im not knockin his game though. The kid can play dont get me wrong. But maybe all his dads complaining has got him complaining to much Just a thought?

Ya know, I've found that with every great player that that is how it is. Every town out of there surronding one, is more then likely always going to bash them and find something to complain about them. That is just how it is. And as far as his dad complaining...I think maybe its called a desire to win? Some guys aren't the best at controlling there emotions. Obviously coach Dufualt is a guy that is out there trying to help his team out in more then one way.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:55 am

NDSUbison! wrote:Yes i agree with you. But to look for a call on every call. When you talk of austin what is the one thing that always comes up. He is a whiner. Seriously go to any surrounding town of killdeer and ask the one bad ting about austin.  They will tell you cause he looks for the call everytime. He constantly complains. Im not knockin his game though. The kid can play dont get me wrong. But maybe all his dads complaining has got him complaining to much Just a thought?

have you ever seen teams run on a 12-0 run after their coach gets a T.  it happens all the time, sometimes the players jsut need a little kick from the coach and that emotion rubs off on them and they play harder.  Getting off the bench and yelling isnt always bad, its a motivation for the teams too.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:57 am

[user=1076]NDSUbison![/user] wrote:
He probasbly is the best junior in the state....did we say he isnt.....no. not anywhere in our posts does it say he isnt. We have the right to criticize, thats what these forums are about isnt it? He needs to learn how to post up for once and stop being a baby. Just my thoughts, Ill use these forums for what they are for. To have a debate.

The right to criticize? No, not high school athletes. You wanna criticize a professional athlete go right ahead it's done in the media all the time. You wanna debate if he's a good player or not thats fine but do it in a respectful way. I'm close to closing this thread, so lets try to start being respectful or just stop posting. I'm not aiming this post at one person because there seem to be quite a few.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSUbison! » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:03 am

Hate him because he is good, no? Not because he is good, He im sure is the best junior in the state. Dont take it away from him. I never said he wasnt. I am just saying the things that turn me off about his game. I been to a bunch of his games, great player but he just needs to accept the calls a little better and not get thrown off after missing a couple shots. When he misses a few he can shut down. But he got his stuff together against trinity the other night and rallied his team for the W. I was impressed after him going scoreless in the first half to come back and be clutch in OT.
NDSUbison!

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:53 am

Ping Pong wrote:
baller01 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
Ping Pong wrote:

I was thinking the exact same. You guys really need to grow up. I'm not saying you have to say he is the top junior in the state or anything, because obviously you don't think that, but you don't have to come out and critize the guy for who he is.

i dont think i have ever said he was a bad player have i? no because he is a tough player. who also complains chronically and is cocky when he plays well. the coach has no respect for anything and never mind. he might even be the best junior in the state. you guys are just upset because we are saying bad things about your prodigy child. sorry guys, not gunna happen this year. someone else is coming out of region 7. plus, isn this post about jacob wheeling, who is better anyway?

Sorry, but Austin isn't my prodigy child, he just happens to be one of my good friends who I have the upmost respect for as a player and a person. I just am sticking up for him with you guys critizing him.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys