#1 vs. #2 thursday in Hankinson......

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby beachy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:55 pm

wow should be a good matchup on thursday.... you will have to be there early if you want a seat expecting over 400 people and the gym barley holds 400 people......
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:59 pm

beachy wrote:wow should be a good matchup on thursday.... you will have to be there early if you want a seat expecting over 400 people and the gym barley holds 400 people.....
This will probably be a preview of the regional championship game. It should be interesting to see how it plays out.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby beachy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:04 pm

Not only regional but also district championshiop game...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:07 pm

beachy wrote:Not only regional but also district championshiop game...

I didn't even think of that.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballprsn » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:14 pm

this will definitely be a very good game...its going to be very exciting and good luck to both teams, both of these teams are very skilled and have a lot of talent.  It's going to be a very good one!
bballprsn
NDPreps Starter

Postby rumbles » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:08 pm

Sounds like a good one wish i could see it
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby crete00 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:52 pm

[font=verdana]I have been fortunate enough to see both of these teams play this year.  I just watched Hankinson beat Wyndmere tonight and saw the Lisbon/Wyndmere game earlier in the year.  Defensively, I would have to give the edge to Lisbon.  I believe opponents are averaging less than 35 points per game against them.  Offensively the edge goes to Hankinson.  Wyndmere did a good job of shutting down the two big guns in Hanson and Mauch but the other guys killed them.  Asp had a big game because helpside defense seemed afraid to leave the big threats and its tough to beat a team that has 5+ scoring threats. [/font] Should be a great game, and as was mentioned earlier, the first of three meetings these two teams have before districts and regionals.
"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ginsbach » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:47 pm

I just hope I manage to find a spot.  I've got a chem lab at NDSU that starts at 5, so hopefully I get done before 6 and make it to Hankinson before 7.

If nothing else, I'll use my alumni status to join the HHS pep band, and get a temporary spot, at least.
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:06 pm

good thing you told us all that info, because i was really wondering how you were going to get a seat
letsgosox

Postby Ginsbach » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:32 am

It was more of a general comment reflecting on how packed the Hankinson gym is going to be and how difficult it will be to find a spot, but thanks for taking it the wrong way.
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby beachy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:52 am

crete00 jsut to let you know that Jamie Mauch is suffering with a horrible cold and should not of even played agianst wyndmere so he is not in school today as he is home getting better for the game....
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby indiandrumhopper » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:14 am

I like to say good luck to both teams.
indiandrumhopper

Postby crete00 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:17 pm

beachy wrote:crete00 jsut to let you know that Jamie Mauch is suffering with a horrible cold and should not of even played agianst wyndmere so he is not in school today as he is home getting better for the game....

Did Hanson have a cold too? 
"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the mask » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:06 pm

does anyone know if this game will be on the radio?? If so, what station?
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby berry186 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:42 pm

the mask wrote:does anyone know if this game will be on the radio?? If so, what station?

im sure lisbon will on 106.1 fm or 890 am    i think that is lisbon am station but not sure i know 106.1 is fm station
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby crete00 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:59 pm

the mask wrote:does anyone know if this game will be on the radio?? If so, what station?

1450 KBMW out of Wahpeton might have it on the AM side.

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beachy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:55 pm

crete no hansen didnt have a cold he dont average many points bout 8 is all... and yes for all you radio fans out there it will be on 1450 kbmw for sure... we are expected to pack teh new gym to its maximum...we are affraid that we are going to have to turn people away....so if you want a spot i would be there before the jv game bc there is a c game also so about 530 if you want a seat....
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby beachy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:55 pm

crete no hansen didnt have a cold he dont average many points bout 8 is all... and yes for all you radio fans out there it will be on 1450 kbmw for sure... we are expected to pack teh new gym to its maximum...we are affraid that we are going to have to turn people away....so if you want a spot i would be there before the jv game bc there is a c game also so about 530 if you want a seat....
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby crete00 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:01 pm

beachy wrote:crete no hansen didnt have a cold he dont average many points bout 8 is all... and yes for all you radio fans out there it will be on 1450 kbmw for sure... we are expected to pack teh new gym to its maximum...we are affraid that we are going to have to turn people away....so if you want a spot i would be there before the jv game bc there is a c game also so about 530 if you want a seat....

Thought Hansen averaged more than that.  He seems to be in the double digits pretty often, wasn't trying to start anything.  If you're who I think you are Beachy, you had a heck of an earlier game last night.  Good ballhandler for a big guy.  Good luck tomorrow. 

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ben23 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:58 pm

crete00 wrote:
beachy wrote:crete no hansen didnt have a cold he dont average many points bout 8 is all... and yes for all you radio fans out there it will be on 1450 kbmw for sure... we are expected to pack teh new gym to its maximum...we are affraid that we are going to have to turn people away....so if you want a spot i would be there before the jv game bc there is a c game also so about 530 if you want a seat....

Thought Hansen averaged more than that.  He seems to be in the double digits pretty often, wasn't trying to start anything.  If you're who I think you are Beachy, you had a heck of an earlier game last night.  Good ballhandler for a big guy.  Good luck tomorrow. 

ya he is who you think he is.  he does have some nice moves for a big guy.  he will be fun to watch in the jv game tomorrow night for all the fans that will be there for that game.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby beachy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:55 am

well thanks fro the credit ben and crete...i dont know who you are creete but ya i am alex beach from hankinson...i transfered over there this year from fairmount.  I can't wati for the jv game tonight bc there will be jsut as many ppl there for the jv as there will be for the varsity....
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby fruit snack » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:02 am

lisbon will be to tough to handle when they turn for home
fruit snack

Postby berry186 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:33 pm

beachy wrote:wow should be a good matchup on thursday.... you will have to be there early if you want a seat expecting over 400 people and the gym barley holds 400 people......

bruce said 800 people 400 must be the old gym then
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby philshometown » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:03 pm

Hankinson 51- Lisbon 50 in overtime
Awesome game!!
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby arizona_hoops11 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:22 pm

Very exciting back-and-forth game.  Last second game winner in overtime by Jesse Wahl.  Logan Carblom played very well.  He had 21 points.  Lisbon played about as good as a game as they possibly could except for a few turnovers here and there.
arizona_hoops11

Next

Return to Boys