"The Betty"

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Batman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:34 pm

Well if nothing else, holding the tournament in Grafton and Mayville was good for the local economy.  At least people would be raiding the convenience stores and filling up with gas.  It's hard enough to keep people from going into Grand Forks to spend their money without moving local sports events there.

Just my 2 cents.
Batman
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:43 pm

I think a neutral site is just fine, having the tournaments in Mayville and Grafton can be an unfair advantage. I've read on the board there people who dont like the tourney in Trinity all the time. Just ask Larimore what happened to them last year when they played grafton first round of regionals in Grafton. Grafton beat them. It's not as bad in Mayville because they have the college and the HS plays at the HS. GF is also right in the middle of the two districts so its about the same driving for both. Also Betty should be able to hold more people can get crowded in Grafton and Mayville. Will see how it works out though i have no problem whether its in Mayville, Grafton, or the Betty its always great basketball and thats what counts.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby UND9296 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:46 pm

From purely a selfish perspective, I like it because now I can go without having to travel. At least it's a true neutral court, and should accommodate more people. This should be the best few weeks of basketball ever in Grand Forks with the boys and girls class A east region, class B boys region 2, the class A boys and girls state tournaments, and probably the NCC and north central regional women's tournaments. I'm looking forward to all of them.
Last edited by UND9296 on Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys