Grafton at North Border

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:22 am

This is is going to be a good game.  The first time around in grafton just before break north border stopped graftons 5 game winning streak of blowouts.  Since both teams have played very well and if north border can win this game and beat drayton st. thomas they could be putting themselves in good position to get a number one seed in the district tournament if midway-minto falls off track at all.  the eagles have grafton, drayton st. thomas and cavalier left in one point games and a two point game with park river right before districts that will probably have a big impact on seeding the districts.  
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:25 am

Sounds like it is going to be a good game this friday!  Good luck to both teams!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theghost » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:15 am

this is probably graftons biggest game of the season, i am goin to have to go for grafton though they're coming off a big win against midway-minto
theghost

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:03 pm

Hansen has Grafton playing well.  Grafton and North Border both stress defense and ball control.  This very well could decide the district in my mind pending a collapse by either team.  I believe this game will come down to foul trouble.  Low scoring and physical.
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:45 am

I definitely agree it'll be the game that in all likelyhood determines the district.  Depending if North Border can beat Park River in one of the last games of the season.  I don't know if it's going to be real low scoring though.  The first time around the score was 61-53 which is about normal for most high school games.  I wouldn't be surprised if this game is in the 40's however. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:09 pm

Grafton 60 North Border 54

close all the way

North Border couldnt make any freethrows
toughregion2

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:25 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Hansen has Grafton playing well.  Grafton and North Border both stress defense and ball control.  This very well could decide the district in my mind pending a collapse by either team.  I believe this game will come down to foul trouble.  Low scoring and physical.

Doesn't M-M only have 1 point in the loss column for district standings? Which would leave them in the drivers seat. They split with Grafton, beat PR (2 point), and beat NB (2 point).
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby theghost » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:00 pm

grafton is playin prettty well right now, they avenged 2 of their 3 distric losses already and on saturday beat a scrappy central valley team, tuesdays game againts park river will be big and it's being played in grafton where they have lost one game....i think its gonna pretty close like their first meeting with pr
theghost

Postby toughregion2 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:55 am

Yep m-m has it locked up.  If North Border can win out i do believe they would get second.  Tuesdays game P-R and Grafton would decide 3rd and 4th.  I think thats the way it goes but dont quote me on that.  Grafton will beat P-R by 12-15 points. 
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:34 am

Grafton:  56

Park River:  54

I dont think the teams that finish in the top 4 spots will matter because any one of these teams could finish 1st or 4th if one of the other teams gets hot.  there will be no upsets in the district this year as far as one of the 5-8 teams winning any games against one of th top 4.  This district is one of the most competitive and tight at the top that its been for a long time and one of the worst and least competitive at the bottom as it has been for years.

North Border 12- 4
Midway-Minto 13-3
Park River 15-2
Grafton 14-3

Valley Edinburg  1-15
Fordville-Lankin 2-11?
Cavalier 2-15
Drayton St. Thomas 5-12?

some of the games on ndhsaa.com didn't have the stats in yet

D/ST did beat Hatton Northwood this year, weird how that works
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys