four winds v.s north border

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby indiandrumhopper » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:48 am

who has the better game that day.
indiandrumhopper

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:56 am

that should be an interesting match-up. if the game turns into a guard's game then i give 4 winds the nod. but if NB can slow it down and feed those big men they have (6'3", 6'5", and 6'10") they will come out ahead. i don't think four winds has enough post defense to defend that. so the game rests on NB's guard's ability to get the ball into the post.
thesports_guy32

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:15 am

that is basically what it will come down too, not much else to discuss here.  The only other thing here is the time because FW has a much longer drive then NBE and live much farther away.  So the game being at 11 a.m. could be a factor but probably only for the first quarter or so if it has any effect.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:39 am

I'm not worried about NB's size at all.  We have played against tall teams this year and have prevailed.  I'm more worried about the early start and how FW will respond. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:48 am

well if your not worried about their size then you should be worried about their talent.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:53 am

If FW gets out running against the bigger team and plays good D it could be a blowout. If FW gets slowed down and cant stop the size in the paint it could turn out to be a battle.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:10 am

The Schwab wrote:well if your not worried about their size then you should be worried about their talent.

I haven't seen them play but if they are talented I will be the first to acknowledge the fact. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:15 am

size means nothing to 4 winds.  they are gonna bring their game no matter who they play.  they played gf red river in a team camp this summer and owned them.  they also beat a pretty tall dunseith team easily.  i say 4 winds wins.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:54 am

north border vs. four winds, mpcg vs. east grand forks, midway minto vs. red lake falls, and thompson vs. kittson central
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby indiandrumhopper » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:44 am

I think the game goes to four winds becuase they been under size all season long.
indiandrumhopper

Postby pacod » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:49 am

I don't get your comment. How does being under-sized give them the advantage? I'm going for FW on this one, but explain why you think that because they're under-sized, they got the advantage.
pacod

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:59 am

I am predicting Four Winds by 15 - 20. 

I watched NB play this year, they played Stark - Mun.  They won on a last second shot, that was clearly after the buzzer.  6'10" was a puppy dog in the middle.  Didn't impress me much! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:02 am

Yeah i'm predicting FW by at least 15. Yeah i heard their big guys play a little weak in the middle too. If FW doesn't work on their main weakness, getting lost on defense, it might get close.
pacod

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:10 am

i'm not making any predictions here but the Munch-starkweather game was the first game of the year.  since then we've beaten grafton, thompson, adams edmore and kcc without one of our starters.  i'm saying we've gotten much better since that game which was the first time that group of guys had ever played together on varsity.  mathison was pretty soft in that game im not denying that either but he's improved quite a bit since that game.  i am expecting a close game but if our guards have trouble getting the ball inside it could be a rout
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:14 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:i'm not making any predictions here but the Munch-starkweather game was the first game of the year.  since then we've beaten grafton, thompson, adams edmore and kcc without one of our starters.  i'm saying we've gotten much better since that game which was the first time that group of guys had ever played together on varsity.  mathison was pretty soft in that game im not denying that either but he's improved quite a bit since that game.  i am expecting a close game but if our guards have trouble getting the ball inside it could be a rout

That is a good accomplishment, I can't wait to see the game on Sat, not cool to be at 11 AM. but what do you do!  I hope they are ready for a running game! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:38 pm

North Border is one of those teams who will never get blown out. They are well coached and have really good basketball instincts. I think four winds has the edge but it will be a close game.
PA42

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:42 pm

i don't think four winds' running game is gonna matter. first of all, north border's bigs can run.. well most of them at least, and secondly, north border is pretty deep. i stand by my way of thinking earlier.... north border gets the ball inside, they win. four winds denies north border's inside game, they win.
thesports_guy32

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:16 pm

I agree all guards in this game at the beginning.  North Borders guards will have to hit some outside shots to soften up the zone.  If they play man to man it will be if north border can get it inside.  Earlier in the year i wondered if north border could score enough points to win, but the last two games 92 and 82 they can score.  No one has brought up the biggest factor.  The night before north border has a TOUGH TOUGH district game against Grafton i do believe i think that game could decide the district pending park rivers yearly collapse  that will be a better game to see than the fw's game the grafton game will mean something. 
toughregion2

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:22 am

thesports_guy32 wrote:i don't think four winds' running game is gonna matter. first of all, north border's bigs can run.. well most of them at least, and secondly, north border is pretty deep. i stand by my way of thinking earlier.... north border gets the ball inside, they win. four winds denies north border's inside game, they win.

I am going to have to disargee, North Border is not going to be able to run with FW.  FW's 1-5 can run, and also the bench!  Put a body on your big man, he is done. 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:40 am

if all you guys are comparing our big man to the munich you have another thing coming he is much improved and if you thing one body will stop him you go for it i could be wrong and this could be a blow out but i think north border will put up a fight.. last time people said they couldnt run with them was in 2002 against Red Lake in the same gym and north border ran and ran and ran and lost by 1 to the number one team in the state in minnesota.. this is basically the same team size whise, but of course not as talented as the 2001 2002 team
toughregion2

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:42 am

I hope it is a good game. I am coming back for this one! 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby indiandrumhopper » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:15 am

toughregion2 wrote:if all you guys are comparing our big man to the munich you have another thing coming he is much improved and if you thing one body will stop him you go for it i could be wrong and this could be a blow out but i think north border will put up a fight.. last time people said they couldnt run with them was in 2002 against Red Lake in the same gym and north border ran and ran and ran and lost by 1 to the number one team in the state in minnesota.. this is basically the same team size whise, but of course not as talented as the 2001 2002 team

Ha talking like your team  can't get beat look what happen in starkweather I don't want to here it was there game because they still lost. 
Last edited by indiandrumhopper on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
indiandrumhopper

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:18 am

Wow, but anyway.  So NB where do you play Grafton, in Grafton?  Who is the home team in this one?  I guess I forgot to ask that earlier
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoop_fan1 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:18 am

I agree with Indians Alumni, Mathison's impact can be nearly eliminated just by putting together the right defense.  He seems to have little range, poor footwork.  But watch out, saw him dunk it once! His teammates are all good players and pose a serious threat to anyone they're up against.  Don't know much about Four Winds, other than what I've heard here, but it would be fun to see them play by the sounds of it.  I'll watch for them at the state tournament????!!!!
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:29 am

you're right... four winds can stop mathison by putting extra people on him, but that leaves the rest of the game as 4 on 3 in NB's favor. that will get other people easy shots.
thesports_guy32

Next

Return to Boys