Bowman vs Trinity

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballis#1 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:28 am

NDSportsFan wrote:It appears Bowman rebounded well from their loss.

BOWMAN 82, LEMMON, S.D., 33

Lemmon 9 17 19 33

Bowman 28 51 65 82

LEMMON (33): Jordan Kyale 6, Paul Schackow 2, Tyler Gluhm 8, Preston Zorc 2, Mason Dietterle 2, Dusty Peters 7, Elijah Sweitzer 2, Chris Goldsmith 4. Totals: 16-38 0-2 33.

BOWMAN (82): Payton Tivis 37, Donny Breen 8, Thomas Burke 6, Derek Pauley 14, Jordan Maher 4, Matt Bagle 2, Logan Cox 7, Alex Wolf 4. Totals: 32-67 12-15 82.
I heard that Tivis broke Bowman's all-time scoring record last night. Something like 1691 points.Way to go Payton and good luck in the districs and regionals.

bballis#1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby titan_fan » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:11 pm

REBEL. since you seem to know so much about the bowman squad, i got a couple questions about the team.

1. How many games have you been to?

2. How deep is their bench?

3. Are they talkin about retiring any jersey's escpecially tivis?

4. I heard that Matt Bagley and BJ Moser and Logan Cox will be very important to the squad next season. What are your thoughts?

5. I hear theres a freshman that can dunk it. Is that true? I think his names Alexander Wolf.

6. Are you good friends with the coach?

7. Tell me about their work ethic if you have attended any practices?

8. One more Q. What will we expect to see out of the team in the coming years. I'm talking 3 or 4 years down the road. How are their freshman and JH teams?
titan_fan

Postby Rebel » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:00 pm

I have seen them play on numerous occasions.  All three games in the holiday tournament,  and then the recent trinity game.  I am assuming you are a big Trinity fan according to your screen name :) 

From what I have seen their bench is not to bad, but they seem to only have guards come off the bench, not a lot of size, but some good young shooters.  The Wolf kid played a little against Trinity, I think he was listed at 6"5".  Could not tell you if he can dunk or not, but at that height I would assume so!

I think that Trinity's young kids, such as their JV squad was much stronger than Bowmans.  No idea on what the real young kids down their are like though. 

Hope that helps! :)
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby titan_fan » Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:47 am

Actually REBEL. My name has nothing to do with trinity. Im talkin about Tennessee titans. I wasn't even thinking about that when i put the name. I HATE trinity just as much as the next guy. I am sick of their poor sportsmanship. I was at the game last thursday. When they won and chanted "OVERRATED" I was a little ticked off:X.

I wish i was the bowman coach so i could shove it in trinitys face if they play again in regionals. I hear that coach zenker is a good guy. People tell me his kids really like him and strive to do good work for him. What do you think of zenker? I've watched him in the games that I've been to. He's not really a sit down coach. He is all over the place. Jumping and sliding and fist pumping all over the place.

I am sick of going to the region 7 tourney and watching trinity win every year. They get all the special treatment. Their student section is 10x bigger than every other teams. I remember last year during starting lineups, the whole trinity section turned their backs. I hate trinity with a passion.

Rebel. Do you know if its true that bowman is getting a new floor and bleachers?
Maybe we can hold regionals in bowman in the coming years
GO BULLDOGS IN REGION 7.
Last edited by titan_fan on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
titan_fan

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:12 am

A number of schools have student sections that will turn their backs during the introductions, that is a pretty common practice.  I think they get that from watching college bball, so I wouldn't  hold that against the whole school. 
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:13 am

Well thats the point of the chant overrated...  To tick people off and make them mad.  Same with almost every chant.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:20 am

I've seen reading the newspaper during a teams introductions not turning the back. (both are classless) But it should just get ya more pumped up to go out and beat that team even more.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:23 am

Yeah I agree.  I've been to many games where I've seen tons of classless things from the student sections.  Nothing is like the BHS-Century and BHS-St. Mary's games.  Those student sections really go at it when the 3 teams play one another.  It's unbelieveable.  It is insane when the teams play, the students are all over the opposing teams players.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby supermang57 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:44 am

i disagree, i think the "overated" cheers and turning backs/reading newspaper...thats jsut a way to get the fans into the game, theres nothing like seeing the whole crowd get into a cheer, i think its awesome
supermang57
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rebel » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:46 am

I am not sure if Bowman is getting a new floor and bleachers.  What type of floor do they have now?

I thought it was interesting that the Trinity Fan's chanted "overrated" after that game.  They do show a lot of poor sportsmanship, it is not like they are the only school to do things like that, I just find it funny since they are suppose to be a "Christian School" :)

Trinity is going to be tough to beat come tournament time, but region 7 is strong top to bottom.  I think Kildeer, Hazen, Glenn Ullin, and Bowman have the best chances to beat them.  I really think Bowman can take them down, they just have to stay focused and not look past other teams.  All you hear about in the Dickinson Area is Bowman and Trinity, so both teams will have to stay focused.
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:35 am

Like I said once before, just because their a Catholic School doesnt mean they should act better then everyone else. 
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby supermang57 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:06 pm

ming, i agree, jsut becasue they are private and a catholic school, dosent make there students perfect, they make mistakes just like the "public school" kids and both types of schools show sportsmanlike and unsportmanlike conduct....i'm up north near minot, and Bishop Ryan hasent shown the best sportsman ship either, they chanted overrated near the end of the velva game. everyone dose that kinda stuff
supermang57
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ilovemom » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:46 pm

I have a comment about ? #4........I think that Bagley is ferocious when he is in the game......i come to the games just to watch him.......he will make a huge impact in coming days.......I've made a name for him its called "Bagley the Ripper"

Any comments about Bagley?
ilovemom

Postby Roughrider » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:53 pm

I have seen a couple of Bowman games and I think Bagley handles himself pretty well. He does come off the bench right now but when Bowman graduates their fantastic Senior class I think he will do very well.
Roughrider

Postby titan_fan » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:16 pm

I just want to say one quick thing.

did anyone attend the bowman/ trinity c squad game.

If so, who was that #22 kid from bowman who was canning all the 3 pointers. He looks like he will be pretty good if he continues to apply himself.

Does anyone know who that is?
titan_fan

Postby bballis#1 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:20 am

I think his name is Scarlett Swhickovic or something like that. I didn't  see the C-squad game but my friend told me that someone with a high voice hit two three's in a row. I figured this kid must be pretty good then but my bud thought differently. He said that he was very slow, didn't have a clue whether he was on offense or defense. And then when he finally figured it out he just got pushed down and started to cry. He also said he has no clue how those 3's went in because he shoots like a girl with both hands. But that could all be a lie.  Anyone actually seen this kid play.
bballis#1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:30 am

Jeez you guys know a lot about Bowman.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:34 am

I think we can see how big a rivalry Bowman and Trinity are.  To keep the peace I'm closing this topic, if they meet again in districts/regionals we can move on to discussing those games then.   Thanks
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys