1/22/07 Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby nike07 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:53 am

sodadrinker wrote:lets all just admit that 4 winds is a great team.  maybe not the best in the state but they are definately twice the team wells county is and they have already proven that by beating wells county in 4 winds while their fans were banging drums the whole game
:D:Dhahaha:D:D
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby pacod » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:56 am

I think the drum group was banging their drums during the timeouts and stuff. I didn't really understand why though!!
pacod

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:57 am

nike07 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:lets all just admit that 4 winds is a great team.  maybe not the best in the state but they are definately twice the team wells county is and they have already proven that by beating wells county in 4 winds while their fans were banging drums the whole game
:D:Dhahaha:D:D

The crowd does get wild there!  I am saying that it is tough for any time to come to FW when the crowd is huge and loud!  I have to admit I am envious of that!  It is nice to have that type of support!

As far as the drums being beaten, it is the way a drum group claps or shows their appreciation.  Gets rather loud doesn't it!?
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:58 am

i really dont believe it affected the wells county players becuz they were into the game so much but it was annoying, and everyone knows 4 winds is a very good team and they'll be there come tournement time whether they arent ranked at all or theyre number 1 in the state.
Last edited by sodadrinker on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:59 am

i will admit 4 winds is a great team, this whole arguement though is because the fans from four winds think the voters are stupid because they arent higher in the polls. they are not as good as they were last year and everyone knows that even the fans from four winds.  they lost to standing rock who isnt even in the top 10.  one of the fans said earlier why isnt DT ahead of Hazen since they beat them.......why isnt standing rock T-10 and four winds with the rest of the teams jsut receiving votes.  just another thought of mine that will get ripped to shreds soon by the four winds fans.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:00 am

Not even going to go there, Bro!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:02 am

baseball wrote:

i will admit 4 winds is a great team, this whole arguement though is because the fans from four winds think the voters are stupid because they arent higher in the polls. they are not as good as they were last year and everyone knows that even the fans from four winds.  they lost to standing rock who isnt even in the top 10.  one of the fans said earlier why isnt DT ahead of Hazen since they beat them.......why isnt standing rock T-10 and four winds with the rest of the teams jsut receiving votes.  just another thought of mine that will get ripped to shreds soon by the four winds fans.

i honestly think if ironheart is on the top of his game 4 winds can be better this year than last year
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:24 am

sodadrinker wrote:
baseball wrote:

i honestly think if ironheart is on the top of his game 4 winds can be better this year than last year

polls have no result on what happens at state so what is the big deal?  if four winds got the number 1 ranking and ended up losing in regionals then thats it they lose.  most people will know its an upset all it will matter is people will say "oh the number 1 ranked team in state lost tonight" or the "number 8 team in state lost tonight"  it doesnt matter, four winds knows how good they are and they can prove it when tournaments come, they dont need a ranking for people to know they're solid
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:36 am

Couldn't of said it better!!
pacod

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:37 am

That's the way we do it rez style!  If you don't like it stay home.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Dizza30 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:49 am

i think steele dawson should be ranked higher...mark bakkum is amazing
Dizza30
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bearsfan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:28 am

Hey Beulah bashers........... I am pretty sure they didn't want the #1 ranking.

But please..... They lose to Hazen after leading in the final 2 mins... got beat by a pretty good Watford City team..... beat Bottineau and Turtle-lake when they were in the rankings..... beat a good DesLacs team.  The rest of their schedule shows them playing Center on saturday, followed by Linton, Killdeer, Trinity, Hazen and Minot Ryan.  A lose or 2 won't really be a big deal...... they are just worried about the end of the season.  I'll call the sportswriters for you 4 Winds...... you can have the votes!!!

Olson won't mind that at all!!! Its just like everyone keeps telling you..... the polls don't mean anything....... it doesn't get you into the state tourney!!
Bearsfan

Postby cubsfan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:49 pm

i am personally fed up with hearing how good of a team four winds are. they lost one game, i guarantee they will lose more.  they are not a top five team in the state, maybe a top ten but not top five. they beat one good team. whoopity doo. i want to hear all of you after they lose to m-l.  m-l is definitely a top five team.  if four winds beats m-l i will be the first to admit i was wrong.  so please talk about something else besides how wonderful four winds is. 
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:52 pm

cubsfan wrote:i am personally fed up with hearing how good of a team four winds are. they lost one game, i guarantee they will lose more.  they are not a top five team in the state, maybe a top ten but not top five. they beat one good team. whoopity doo. i want to hear all of you after they lose to m-l.  m-l is definitely a top five team.  if four winds beats m-l i will be the first to admit i was wrong.  so please talk about something else besides how wonderful four winds is. 

What makes L-M a top five team and not FW?  And if you're tired about hearing about FW then don't come on here!!  I am proud to be a FW fan and will advocate for my team win or lose.  Every fan should come on here and brag up their team.  Nothin wrong with a little good clean smack talk.  If you don't like that then go back to your milk and brownies.  If you see a topic about FW then don't go into it! Problem solved.
Last edited by nativegolfer on Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:38 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
cubsfan wrote:i am personally fed up with hearing how good of a team four winds are. they lost one game, i guarantee they will lose more.  they are not a top five team in the state, maybe a top ten but not top five. they beat one good team. whoopity doo. i want to hear all of you after they lose to m-l.  m-l is definitely a top five team.  if four winds beats m-l i will be the first to admit i was wrong.  so please talk about something else besides how wonderful four winds is. 

What makes L-M a top five team and not FW?  And if you're tired about hearing about FW then don't come on here!!  I am proud to be a FW fan and will advocate for my team win or lose.  Every fan should come on here and brag up their team.  Nothin wrong with a little good clean smack talk.  If you don't like that then go back to your milk and brownies.  If you see a topic about FW then don't go into it! Problem solved.

this topic is 1/22/07 Poll..........and your "smack talk" by sayin your team is crap and we will walk all over you, i dunno i just wouldnt classify that as clean.
Last edited by baseball on Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:43 pm

baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

this topic is 1/22/07 Poll..........and your "smack talk" by sayin your team is crap and we will walk all over you, i dunno i just wouldnt classify that as clean.

Baseball is right, the topic is 1/22/07 poll. Didn't know we had to listen to all the FW stuff in here to, please keep it in your guys FW topics, its annoying.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NBE2007 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:47 pm

Thank You. I was waiting for someone to say that. You made my night
NBE2007

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:29 am

baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Baseball is right, the topic is 1/22/07 poll. Didn't know we had to listen to all the FW stuff in here to, please keep it in your guys FW topics, its annoying.

I believe that Dakotagolfer and I were talking about how and why Four Winds should be higher ranked.  So there is a little smack talking!  You sit there and tell us they shouldn't and we tell you they should!  I think we have a right to be upset that we don't get the respect that we deserve.  Why should teams with more losses be ranked hire? 

I will keep it to my four winds topics as soon as you keep your teams discussion to your teams topic, until then, don't bother me with this whining!  Only makes you look like crybabies! 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:47 am

Well, Cubsfan, who is your team?  Can't really brag up your team?  Is that why you are fed up?  Quit whinning about us talking up our team.  :baby:

I don't think Leeds-Minn can run with FW.  That is not Carlson's style.  He is a lull-you-to-sleep, then score type of guy when it comes to his offense.  I am not saying he is a bad coach, I am just saying that uptempo is not his style!  I'd put money it, that he will not let his boys loose and run with the ball! 

I don't see why they are ranked higher than FW, Steele-Dawson, Watford City, & Linton. Don't give me that crap about schedules! 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:32 am

Leeds Minnewauken is a VERY GOOD team......Ron Carlson is a VERY GOOD coach....he will have his boys ready to play Four Winds....his style has changed over the years......I was at the game in Bismarck when they played SRCHS....looked to me as if they could run with them just fine.....Four Winds is a good team, Leeds Minnewauken is a good team......that makes for a great game.....and the reason why they are ranked ahead of Four Winds is that at the Hoopster Shootout, LM beat Parshall on the first night (number 1 at the time) and lost to a very good SRCHS team (the same team that beat FW). I'm sure alot of media people were at those games...and that's why LM is ranked higher then FW.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:37 am

why has this whole post turned into why four winds isn't ranked higher?  it's been said on this post before, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU'RE RANKED.  Rankings don't get you into the state tournament!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:41 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:why has this whole post turned into why four winds isn't ranked higher?  it's been said on this post before, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU'RE RANKED.  Rankings don't get you into the state tournament!

Chime in anytime with your opinions.  No one has said it has turned into a FW discussion, it is about the polls and I disagree with the polls, and I am give my point to why!  Then it has turned into how can you guys bash FW
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:44 am

[user=232]Indians Alumni[/user] wrote:
I believe that Dakotagolfer and I were talking about how and why Four Winds should be higher ranked.  So there is a little smack talking!  You sit there and tell us they shouldn't and we tell you they should!  I think we have a right to be upset that we don't get the respect that we deserve.  Why should teams with more losses be ranked hire? 

I will keep it to my four winds topics as soon as you keep your teams discussion to your teams topic, until then, don't bother me with this whining!  Only makes you look like crybabies! 

ok....wouldnt it be an advantage to be overlooked.  the kids dont get the big heads, teams like M-L will look past them more now then if they were ranked higher.  it just seems to me that if the polls dont matter like you say and you are underrated, use that to your advantage and play with nothing to lose if you go up against the elite teams like M-L and Parshall for example.  us the lower ranking as a motive to prove you are better not just say the polls say we are better so we are.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:45 am

i'm not bashing four winds in any way here.  my point is that we get you think fw should be ranked higher, but you don't need to add that in every time you write something on this.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:58 am

I think what he meant when he said he coaches the way the kids play is that he coaches to his players strengths.  not the oppositions strengths, that would be really dumb. 
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys