1/22/07 Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:02 am

The advantage of the running game would have to go to Four Winds.  If Carlson can slow the game down, FW will have a tougher time.  I think they will have a box chaser defense against IH, or they my double team him.

AND, I hear they have a heck of an assistant coaching staff! 
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:03 am

Im sure they will practice it. I highly doubt they will start in it. Either straight up man, or the patented zone 1-3-1.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:06 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Im sure they will practice it. I highly doubt they will start in it. Either straight up man, or the patented zone 1-3-1.

I don't think they will stay in Man too long, or the 1-3-1.  I think he has something else up his sleeve.  His best bet is to try and slow the tempo down.  I am sure he will go with that scheme.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:07 am

Yeah i think Carlsons best bet is to start out with a man defense, i don't think he wants FWs to get hot behind the arc, early.
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:21 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
cubsfan wrote:i am personally fed up with hearing how good of a team four winds are. they lost one game, i guarantee they will lose more.  they are not a top five team in the state, maybe a top ten but not top five. they beat one good team. whoopity doo. i want to hear all of you after they lose to m-l.  m-l is definitely a top five team.  if four winds beats m-l i will be the first to admit i was wrong.  so please talk about something else besides how wonderful four winds is. 

Well, Cubsfan, who is your team?  Can't really brag up your team?  Is that why you are fed up?  Quit whinning about us talking up our team.  :baby:

I don't think Leeds-Minn can run with FW.  That is not Carlson's style.  He is a lull-you-to-sleep, then score type of guy when it comes to his offense.  I am not saying he is a bad coach, I am just saying that uptempo is not his style!  I'd put money it, that he will not let his boys loose and run with the ball! 

I don't see why they are ranked higher than FW, Steele-Dawson, Watford City, & Linton. Don't give me that crap about schedules! 

you also said that wells county couldnt keep up with 4 winds and 4 winds had to go into stall offense with 3 minutes left cuz they couldnt keep up with wells in the 1st half.  4 wind isnt as much of a running team as u think they are.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:24 am

Do you watch or play basketball man? Any team thats has the lead in the fourth quarter is going to slow the game down. Trust me four winds is a fast paced team. Not to man teams in the state can run with them. Enough said about that.
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:27 am

pacod wrote:Do you watch or play basketball man? Any team thats has the lead in the fourth quarter is going to slow the game down. Trust me four winds is a fast paced team. Not to man teams in the state can run with them. Enough said about that.

were u even there cuz if u werent there then u might as well just stop digging and ask someone that was cuz u dont have a clue.  i said at the end of the first half.
Last edited by sodadrinker on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:29 am

Were you there, cause i was court side. So i'm pretty sure i know what i'm talking about, especially when it comes to these to teams. Pretty much wached both teams play since grade school.
pacod

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:30 am

sodadrinker wrote:
pacod wrote:Do you watch or play basketball man? Any team thats has the lead in the fourth quarter is going to slow the game down. Trust me four winds is a fast paced team. Not to man teams in the state can run with them. Enough said about that.

were u even there cuz if u werent there then u might as well just stop digging and ask someone that was cuz u dont have a clue.  i said at the end of the first half.

There is a forum for FW vs WC!  That is yesterdays news, no matter how you explain it, WC lost!  Get over it!  Stop beating a dead horse!

Stop Digging, you mean stop turning the knife! 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:31 am

I know what you mean SCC, but you can't take any chances when it comes down to the wire. Its as simple as it gets. You got the lead in the fourth, hold onto it.
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:31 am

well i watched it kinda close too ill have to say and if u were court side u obviously remember 4 winds stalling with 3 minutes left in the 1st half and calling a time out when wells county started rolling
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:32 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

There is a forum for FW vs WC!  That is yesterdays news, no matter how you explain it, WC lost!  Get over it!  Stop beating a dead horse!

Stop Digging, you mean stop turning the knife! 
no i mean stop digging urself a hole but thanks for the help anyway smart guy
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:33 am

pacod wrote:I know what you mean SCC, but you can't take any chances when it comes down to the wire. Its as simple as it gets. You got the lead in the fourth, hold onto it.

I agree, why would you take a chance of giving the ball away, make the other team foul you, it is old school as it gets

As for stalling in the 2nd quarter, FW was looking for the last shot!  That is also an old school trick. 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:34 am

pacod wrote:I know what you mean SCC, but you can't take any chances when it comes down to the wire. Its as simple as it gets. You got the lead in the fourth, hold onto it.

obviously in the 4th when 4 winds had the lead they are gonna stall and not take a bad shot but thats not what i was talking about.  i know they were stalling when they ahd the lead in the 4th but thats not even what i was talkin about
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:36 am

Indians Alumni wrote:

I agree, why would you take a chance of giving the ball away, make the other team foul you, it is old school as it gets

As for stalling in the 2nd quarter, FW was looking for the last shot!  That is also an old school trick. 

i would understand if they did it and held the ball till halftime but they were lookin to score out of it but also were just slowing the game down
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:36 am

Either way you look at it wells lost. Simple fact Four Winds is a running team, as is wells. Four Winds pulled off the W, wells came close. Next subject.
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:38 am

it is nothing against 4 winds as a team and they were the better team that night since they won but it wasnt becuz they are a fast paced team it is cuz they are a good overall team.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:38 am

sodadrinker wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

i would understand if they did it and held the ball till halftime but they were lookin to score out of it but also were just slowing the game down

So that just shows they can also slow it down, what point did you prove?

They can run, they can slow it down! 
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:41 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

So that just shows they can also slow it down, what point did you prove?

i proved that 4 winds doesnt win games cuz they are a fast paced team and that they win becuz they are just a good overall team and they dont even try to run the ball very much.  they score points off of screen and rolls and penatration and kick outs.  it was a compliment to 4 winds so i dont even know why u decided to get into the discussion.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:41 am

Thats the point i've been trying to prove for a while. Teams under estimate FWs offense when it comes to slowing down the game and setting up plays. They've proven they can play a slower game, and i've seen that fuel their running game also.
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:43 am

pacod wrote:Thats the point i've been trying to prove for a while. Teams under estimate FWs offense when it comes to slowing down the game and setting up plays. They've proven they can play a slower game, and i've seen that fuel their running game also.

agreed but thats not exactly what u said
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:44 am

my fault if i worded it wrong.
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:46 am

ya i guess this is the part that got to me, maybe its my bad
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:47 am

Glad to see you boys are playing nicely again.  Now go to FW vs L-M and give your opinions!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:59 am

i wish class b had a shot clock then teams couldn't just stall in the last 2 or 3 minutes of a game... there aren't that many great free throw shooters around anyway where taking a foul is going to benefit you.  i hate watching games where a team is winning and they start stalling with three minutes left.  i hated hearing only shoot if you have a lay up as a player during a game, if a shot is open and you are a shooter, might as well shoot it!
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys