1/22/07 Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:14 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:i wish class b had a shot clock then teams couldn't just stall in the last 2 or 3 minutes of a game... there aren't that many great free throw shooters around anyway where taking a foul is going to benefit you.  i hate watching games where a team is winning and they start stalling with three minutes left.  i hated hearing only shoot if you have a lay up as a player during a game, if a shot is open and you are a shooter, might as well shoot it!

a shot clock would be wonderful for class b boys and girls i think
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby NBE2007 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:38 pm

Agreed.
NBE2007

Postby thesports_guy32 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:40 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:i wish class b had a shot clock then teams couldn't just stall in the last 2 or 3 minutes of a game... there aren't that many great free throw shooters around anyway where taking a foul is going to benefit you.  i hate watching games where a team is winning and they start stalling with three minutes left.  i hated hearing only shoot if you have a lay up as a player during a game, if a shot is open and you are a shooter, might as well shoot it!

all the more reason for kids to practice free throws.
thesports_guy32

Postby rep » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:42 pm

are there any former class b players that went on to play college ball on here?

my biggest complaint about not having a shot clock in class b is that for those players, a shot clock would be a pretty big hurdle but i haven't ever actually asked anyone about it.

i guess, to me anyways, it would seem if you want to promote class b players and class b basketball in general, you wouldn't put that big an obstacle in their way (if it is big?) if they want to play at the next level.

and when it comes to region basketball time, i really hate how in a 32-minute game, four minutes are automatically taken out of the equation.
rep

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:10 pm

im gonna say the biggest reason theres not shot clock is cuz there are alot of small schools that cant afford everything or dont want to pay to have it put up in every school in the state.  cuz were not only talkin clocks, i believe the lights in the backboard r now required as well but correct me if im wrong.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:39 pm

sodadrinker wrote:im gonna say the biggest reason theres not shot clock is cuz there are alot of small schools that cant afford everything or dont want to pay to have it put up in every school in the state.  cuz were not only talkin clocks, i believe the lights in the backboard r now required as well but correct me if im wrong.
The light in the backboard is not required that I know of as I have yet to see it in hs gyms this year. Shotclock idea isn't a totally bad one, but will probably never go through with the added cost it would bring to small schools.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stromer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:28 pm

Shot clocks and backboard lights are not related.  Backboard lights are just a nice addition.  I know DL has backboard lights but I haven't been to any other class A gyms to know how common they are.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:40 pm

[user=232]Indians Alumni[/user] wrote:  

Well, Cubsfan, who is your team?  Can't really brag up your team?  Is that why you are fed up?  Quit whinning about us talking up our team.  :baby:

I don't think Leeds-Minn can run with FW.  That is not Carlson's style.  He is a lull-you-to-sleep, then score type of guy when it comes to his offense.  I am not saying he is a bad coach, I am just saying that uptempo is not his style!  I'd put money it, that he will not let his boys loose and run with the ball! 

I don't see why they are ranked higher than FW, Steele-Dawson, Watford City, & Linton. Don't give me that crap about schedules! 

Well my team is mpcg patriots.  I could brag up how great they are, which they aren't right now, they are a good team with potential, and how great luke lorenz is and how Dave Nelson is the best coach in the state. but i don't say the same stuff over and over.  the only thing i ever hear from you is how great tony ironheart is and he is, how great a coach rick smith is which he is. all i am saying is that i am tired of hearing the same thing.  I am personally wondering if you think Four Winds will make it to state?
Last edited by cubsfan on Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:03 pm

cubsfan wrote:Well my team is mpcg patriots.  I could brag up how great they are, which they aren't right now, they are a good team with potential, and how great luke lorenz is and how Dave Nelson is the best coach in the state. but i don't say the same stuff over and over.  the only thing i ever hear from you is how great tony ironheart is and he is, how great a coach rick smith is which he is. all i am saying is that i am tired of hearing the same thing.  I am personally wondering if you think Four Winds will make it to state?

he thinks they will run away with state......probably State A too if they let them play in it.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:33 pm

[user=508]baseball[/user] wrote:
cubsfan wrote:Well my team is mpcg patriots.  I could brag up how great they are, which they aren't right now, they are a good team with potential, and how great luke lorenz is and how Dave Nelson is the best coach in the state. but i don't say the same stuff over and over.  the only thing i ever hear from you is how great tony ironheart is and he is, how great a coach rick smith is which he is. all i am saying is that i am tired of hearing the same thing.  I am personally wondering if you think Four Winds will make it to state?

he thinks they will run away with state......probably State A too if they let them play in it.

What is wrong with him thinking they could run away with state or make it to state?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:40 pm

i don't think anything is wrong with them i was just wondering.  i am wanting to know if they could be a team that ends up in bismarck playing for a state title.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:51 pm

lets see what happens next week i do believe THE MIGHT FW'S plays North Border in the Grand Forks Shootout.  North Border goes 6'10 - 6'5 -6'5 I do not believe they can run with fw but i do believe they will play better defense than fw's has seen.  Could be a interesting matchup.  Its an 11 am start so that might be the factor in which team shows up.  FW could win this one going away but you heard it hear first North Border is more than capable of winning this game and bring the Great Four Winds down to earth.  Also Coach Cooter from north border will have a plan he always does..North Border 10-2  Four Winds 11-1
toughregion2

Postby NBE2007 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:08 pm

speaking of North Border...what was the score against V-E..i know it was a blowout...but i wanna know by how much
NBE2007

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:41 pm

92-47 i do believe
toughregion2

Postby NBE2007 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:43 pm

yea i just saw it ..Chaput with 18 and Carpenter with 20

@ www.grandforksherald.com
Last edited by NBE2007 on Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NBE2007

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:45 pm

92-47
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:33 am

Nothing against Lorenz, he's a great player, no doubt, but does he have the tools to match up to T I (tony ironheart)? I don't think so. On the other hand, is Dave Nelson a better coach than smith, you bet.

He's advacating for his team. I know i'm a FW fan. I'm not saying FW is going to have everything handed to them. They're going to have another real good year though. I'm sure when MPCG was in their prime, you had a right to brag about them. People are entitled to their oppinion.
pacod

Postby Lamby » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:53 am

Wow... i have decided to never enter the class b forums again... Wow... I just went through this whole post and all  i heard was 90% FW people talking about non-sense.. and then everyone else with legitimate points and then FW people just coming back with some stupid remark
Lamby

Previous

Return to Boys