Mr. Basketball

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Rebel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:35 pm

BISON,

I agree and disagree with your assesments of Voth and Tivis ;)

I feel that Jaden is a more gifted athlete, and that is why NDSU wants him.  He can jump out of the gym, has a great jump shot, passes well.  GREAT PLAYER.

But I don't think you have seen Payton take over games like some have.  He averages 25 ppg, 8 rpg.  Try getting 8 rebounds a game when you have Pauley inside getting 10 plus as well.  Plus Payton just has that  "x" factor.  He is just a pure basketball player.  He has a great all around game.  I know when they played last year in the region 3rd and 4th place game I think Jaden had 30 and Payton had 28. 

I will also add this, the sportswriters of ND voted Payton as first team all state and Jaden as second team, and they have seen both players play and seen both of their games.  They are not biased in any way. 

I agree that Payton has more pieces around him, but he did not have those pieces his freshman and sophomore years when he led the Bulldogs to two strait regional tourny's when they were not even supposed to get their. 

Plus, imagine what Payton's numbers could be if he got to shoot more and did not sit out the 4th quarter of half of his games because of his team being up big.  You have to give him credit there.

Like I said, I think they are BOTH GREAT PLAYERS, and I could find reasons to vote for either one.  I LOVE watching Jaden play.  He is a truly special athlete, but I think Payton is right up there as well :)  It is just a matter or opinion

North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:37 pm

Yeah I agree that they are both good players but i have seen them both and tivis doesnt even compare to Voth.  The reason they are up so big all the time is look at who they play...oh my do they play weak teams out in SW ND and those SD teams like Bison, SD are a joke.  Yeah GU-H play some bad teams too but not nearly as many as Bowman.  And the fact that Tivis lead them to the regional tourney...well GU-H would not even have made it to districts without Voth, (i know it cant be real but i am just proving a point).  Tivis scores most of his points because he has a team to play with.  Do you think he would average as much as he does if he was chased, hung on and beat down every single game like Voth does...get real, he is too slow to constantly create his own opportunity to score.  Everyone says that Voth scores so much because he is the whole team...well watch a game and see how they have fresh guys chasing him every three minutes.  Just because you are the best player on a team that is really weak doesnt make it easy to score...it is almost harder to earn your points and what is Voth averaging 26? and i saw the other night against Richardton he shot 11 for 13...WOW.  That is tough to do against a team that has fresh defenders on you every couple of minutes.  Bottom line...look at the teams who are recruiting them, i think they can spot talent when they see it.  Everyone is blaming that colleges are dropping tivis because of his foot, well you are eligible for two redshirts including a medical redshirt and i think a broken bone heals faster than one year.  I saw some one had a website for GU-H, so here it is again...if anyone can send me a Bowman site to check out stats more closely let me know.  Oh yeah i almost forgot, this is to the guy who thinks that Voth is better only because he can jump.  HAHAHA...alot of people can jump out of the gym, but I am pretty sure there is more to bball than jumping......just a guess, but i think you have to be able to shoot, dribble, pass, and play defense to name a few.

http://www.glen-ullin.k12.nd.us/200506_boysbasketball/default.htm 
bison
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Pickles » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:54 am

well bison voth may drop 26 every game against fresh defenders but have u been to any bowman games and seen thomas burke shut down some of the best gaurds in the state??i hope they meet up in regions so u can see tivis i obviously better.
Pickles

Postby bballis#1 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:27 am

Bison, I assume you are from GU. You must really be in love with Jaden Voth if you think he is that much better than Tivis. Yes he can dunk it, and he jumps really high when he shoots. Well woopdido. Points aren't the only thing that matters in basketball. Tivis gets 7 or 8 boards a game, He is also leading Bowman in steals, and assists. Yes he has great players around him.Breen,Pauly,Burke,Maher, and Bagley. But he comes out every game gets his teamates involved and still manages to up his stats. Now thats a great player. And contrary to belief, His foot has been very hard on him this season. He is probably a little slower, and can't go up as strong with it. Yet he still gets 25 points per game.

I'm starting to wonder if Bison is Jaden's Dad.
bballis#1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bison » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:11 am

Yup you guessed it I am Voth's Dad...how many dads know how to use a computer in Western ND??� Not many.� Tivis better thank Pauley every day he sees him for transferring over to Bowman.� And yeah I favor Voth...I also favor Smith, Ernst, Bachmeier, and Pauley.� I really think that Bowman and GU will get to play in regionals...that is if Bowman and GU dont mess up in the first game.� If they do match up and Bowman wins, it doesnt necessarily show that Tivis dominated Voth or the same goes if GU wins.� What matters is the colleges that are eyeing those players.� Voth i heard has D-1 offers, does Tivis?� I am pretty sure that college scouts have an eye for talent.� There are people who are great high school players and there are those that are great college players.� Voth is a great college player, Tivis is a great high school player.
bison
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:14 am

Are you serious?  Voth isnt even in college yet.  How do you know hes gonna do well in college?  We'll just have to wait and find out if they play against each other, who is truly better.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:19 am

bison, how can you say voth is a collegiate player and tivis only a high school player? Tivis plays on a team that relys on more than just him. Voth is really the only standout GU has. Last time i looked, college is about team players. If you have watched "Knight School" on ESPN this winter you would know that D1 college coaches prefer to have great team players which would make Tivis a D1 choice. Pretty sure they will be both playing at the higher level so dont label Tivis as a "high school player."
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby bball4life » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:58 am

If tivis is also a "great defender" why does he gaurd each teams third or even fouth best player?
bball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bball4life » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:58 am

Last edited by bball4life on Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
bball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rebel » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:02 am

I don't know the answer on that one for sure.  I know in years past he has always guarded the other team's stud.  Thomas Burke has really turned into a shut down guy on Defense.  I am guessing it is a combination of his bad foot and trying to keep him out of foul trouble and from getting to tired.  You will notice alot that they switch him to the other teams better players in the 4th quarter. 

Just an observation :) 
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby bison » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:36 pm

They already did play against eachother Ming01...last year in regionals where Voth and company won, Voth also added icing to the cake with 2 slams!...
bison
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ming01 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:37 pm

last year is different. This year is a new year.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball4life » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:02 pm

[user=66]Rebel[/user] wrote: 
 I am guessing it is a combination of his bad foot and trying to keep him out of foul trouble and from getting to tired.  You will notice alot that they switch him to the other teams better players in the 4th quarter.

Just an observation :) 

I guess i havent noticed that
Last edited by bball4life on Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bball4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby quick-draw-mcgraw » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:50 pm

Rebel you sure know a lot about bowman. thats interesting....

are you a diehard fan like i am.
quick-draw-mcgraw

Postby quick-draw-mcgraw » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:51 pm

bison wrote:They already did play against eachother Ming01...last year in regionals where Voth and company won, Voth also added icing to the cake with 2 slams!...

its not really voth and company. its more like voth and the other kids who are just there to make a 5 man team.:box:
quick-draw-mcgraw

Postby spartan1 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:51 pm

Bison you can obviously tell that you dont like Tivis very much. Is it because he's a better ball player than Voth, or what is it?
Last edited by spartan1 on Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spartan1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:42 pm

topic locked

For the sake of these kids familiies lets call it a draw. 

Tivis   vs.     Voth

:duel:
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys