Jan 15 2007 Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:06 pm

1 Hazen (10) 9-0 107 1

2 Lisbon (1) 8-0 78 7

3 Killdeer 9-1 72 2

4 Minnewaukan-Leeds 9-1 71 5

5 Beulah 8-1 64 4

6 Watford City 8-1 41 9

7 Hankinson 10-0 38 10

8 Parshall 10-2 33 3

9 Dickinson Trinity 8-1 27 10

10 Four Winds 7-1 15 10

TIE Linton 8-1 15 8

Others Receiving Votes:
Steele-Dawson (7-0), Midway-Minto (8-2), Standing Rock (7-3), Bottineau (7-2), Park River (11-1), Wells County (8-1), Kindred (7-3), May-Port CG (5-3), North Border (6-2).
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:09 pm

Boy Lisbon has made quite a jump. NR to 7th to 2nd.
Last edited by baller01 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Class_B_sports » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:48 pm

I thought Watford City beat Beulah by 16 points...... that's kind of strange
Class_B_sports

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:15 pm

I agree Beulah is soooo overrated right now...they won't be in the poll by the end of the year I guarantee it...they are still being ranked cuz people think that cuz they were competitive in class A last year that makes them good this year...very overrated!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bearsfan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:23 am

Simple..... strength of schedule.  If Beulah is so overrated then that win means nothing to WC's schedule so the only team they played so far is Killdeer.... they lost it.  I see WC plays Hazen, Parshall and Dickinson trinity at the end of the year.  You have to remember that Hazen, Beulah, Killdeer or Trinity cold have 3 losses in the distrct and still make it to state.  I don't think any of the coaches really care that they are rated in the top ten just that they win 3 games at regions.  So please sports writers..... give your 5th place votes to WC!!!
Bearsfan

Postby Bearsfan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:32 am

Beulah vs Hazen tonight!  Beulah has a very good starting 5 with no help off the bench..... Hazen has youth, speed and depth off the bench..... my choice would be Hazen tonight.
Bearsfan

Postby letsgosox » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:24 am

i got hazen by 10+...they are the real deal
letsgosox

Postby P-town Brave » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:21 am

[suP]what happen to parshall they lose one tuff game and drop 5 spots just like that but who cares about being rated cause it is nothing but a joke cause the only time it counts is at the end of the year.[/suP]
P-town Brave
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbjay » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:33 am

i agree about Parshall, don't worry about the polls...they'll be there at the end of the year...they are miles above any other team in that region...they'll be in state, barring a huge collapse.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:02 pm

Thats funny I don't see Parshall even going to state...they have the twins and then a guy that can play in the middle but after that not much at all....if parshall gets into foul trouble they are very beatable from what I have seen!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Bearsfan wrote:Simple..... strength of schedule.  If Beulah is so overrated then that win means nothing to WC's schedule so the only team they played so far is Killdeer.... they lost it.  I see WC plays Hazen, Parshall and Dickinson trinity at the end of the year.  You have to remember that Hazen, Beulah, Killdeer or Trinity cold have 3 losses in the distrct and still make it to state.  I don't think any of the coaches really care that they are rated in the top ten just that they win 3 games at regions.  So please sports writers..... give your 5th place votes to WC!!!

They were ahead the whole game against Killdeer I believe until the end!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby P-town Brave » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:19 pm

[font=arial]everyone can think what they think that is your choice. Any team that gets into foul trouble is beatable on any given night. lol that is nothing new.[/font]
P-town Brave
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsperson » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:40 pm

As for Parshall being "miles above any team in their region" I'm gonna have to disagree and say they aren't even the best right now.  I've seen both Watford and Parshall play a couple times and would give the upper hand to Watford.  They have great depth, athleticism, and they play great defense.  Parshall might be better once Neil gets back in the swing of things, but it can't be a good sign when they lose their first game with him back to a very young, albeit talented, Bottineau team.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjay » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:27 pm

sportsperson wrote:As for Parshall being "miles above any team in their region" I'm gonna have to disagree and say they aren't even the best right now.  I've seen both Watford and Parshall play a couple times and would give the upper hand to Watford.  They have great depth, athleticism, and they play great defense.  Parshall might be better once Neil gets back in the swing of things, but it can't be a good sign when they lose their first game with him back to a very young, albeit talented, Bottineau team.
Forgot about Watford...they are very good, but that's about it in that region...they lost to bottineau (a very good team) and one packineau was at about 80% and he still scored 17 points...they're good, they have 3 players that would be #1 options on most teams in the state, and some good role players to surround them...I havn't seen Watford play, but they seem to be doing well with big wins over Beulah and Divide County...no quesiton it will be those two in the region championship game
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsperson » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:49 pm

I've got a couple comments about that last post.  In the Bottineau game I'm pretty sure Nathaniel (the healthy one) had 17 and Neil (the "80% one") had 24.  I don't know if I just go to all the wrong games but out of the 9 or 10 times I've seen Parshall play in the last two years Rudy Young Bird has yet to impress me. For being 6'5" I don't think I've ever even seen him make a post move, he has a slow set shot, and he isn't quick off the dribble. I'm interested to see how he does next year without the Packineaus around. And lastly, I didn't see the Beulah game but Watford's win over Divide County last weekend was a 2-8 point game until about the last 3-4 minutes of the game when their depth took its toll on the Maroons. Just a couple little things on my mind.
Last edited by sportsperson on Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjay » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:34 pm

My bad about the packineau's...i very well could be wrong on those numbers...which makes it even more impressive that he scored 25 at only 80%.  As far as Youngbird, he may have a slow first step or not as good as post moves as he should, but they've been good enough.  He's got to be averaging close to 20 a game...that number will surely go down with both packineaus back, but he's not a bad 3rd option.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby blaze88 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:56 pm

yes it was nathaniel who had 17 in that game, he didnt shoot that much he was 1 for 2 on two pointers and 5 for 8 on three pointers. And for rudys numbers going down with the twins there well he had 30 against botno and was leading scorer against nsp last night.
blaze88

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:33 am

how good is kildeer? i understand that wheeling kid is flat out tough.
PA42

Postby letsgosox » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:56 am

horne98 wrote:how good is kildeer? i understand that wheeling kid is flat out tough.

Killdeer is a very tough team to beat. They have two superstars in Wheeling and Dufault, but other than those two players, they do not have much. They only have a 6 player rotation, which means that Wheeling and Dufault play 30+ minutes a game. That could get them in trouble towards the end of the season if they get in a close/intense game that goes into overtime. Jacob Wheeling is a great player. He has been starting since he was a freshman and has been all-district all three years and all region twice. He can shoot from everywhere on the floor and there isn't a player better than him at drawing contact and getting to the foul line.
letsgosox

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:00 am

In my opinion Steele- Dawson deserves a spot in the top 10.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:05 pm

It is going to be a very long time before Dickinson Trinity will be in the poll after their 45-28 loss to Richarton-Taylor. I think its time that RT gets some respect, they have some very good athletes and have more intensity than any team  that I've seen play this year.
letsgosox

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:41 pm

letsgosox wrote:I think its time that RT gets some respect, they have some very good athletes and have more intensity than any team  that I've seen play this year.

I must ask why you say that, DT is the only legit team they have beaten.They have lost to Beulah(who a lot of people think is over-rated), Killdeer and Mott-Regent. I dont see anything to write home about yet. They have blown out some poor teams but alot of teams could do that.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:56 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:In my opinion Steele- Dawson deserves a spot in the top 10.

I think they have played 2 teams that have above .500 records. That could be what is keeping them out of the top 10.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:11 pm

and i think they were hurt by just not playing any games...when most teams were going into the stutsman tournament with six or seven games played, they had only four under their belt and for me personally anyway, i just didn't know what to make of them until i saw them.
rep

Postby region1 football » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:32 pm

anyone have any scores for the night?...Lamoure is trailing pbk by 1 here at halftime.
region1 football
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys