2023-2024 State B Basketball Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2023-2024 State B Basketball Tournament

Postby packers21 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:00 am

Minot Ryan wins it
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:35 pm

Class B wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:So 2 Privates in Class B an 2 Privates in the State Class B tournament... and one of those teams lost 7 seniors..... We have a division for Private schools.... so play in that division and save your money from lawsuits and buys some new diapers.

My prayers are with Westhope/Newburg or Sargent County

If Bishop Ryan makes a run at state in 2026, I will join you. Outside of a couple guards, their roster is wiped out after that talented 2025 class graduates. (which is the case for alot of District 8 ).

1937, 1938, 1939, 1942, 1943, 1994, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022,2024

and last year they were a top team all year and should have made it again except for a great performance...

11 years out of the past 24 years they have been in State. yep that seems fair to me. All class B schools do that.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:23 am

I will take the top seeds in the 1st round. Then I will take Westhope over Bowman and North Star over Ryan. I will also take Ryan over Bowman for 3rd and Northstar over Westhope for the Championship.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:42 am

maddog1971 wrote:
Class B wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:So 2 Privates in Class B an 2 Privates in the State Class B tournament... and one of those teams lost 7 seniors..... We have a division for Private schools.... so play in that division and save your money from lawsuits and buys some new diapers.

My prayers are with Westhope/Newburg or Sargent County

If Bishop Ryan makes a run at state in 2026, I will join you. Outside of a couple guards, their roster is wiped out after that talented 2025 class graduates. (which is the case for alot of District 8 ).

1937, 1938, 1939, 1942, 1943, 1994, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022,2024

and last year they were a top team all year and should have made it again except for a great performance...

11 years out of the past 24 years they have been in State. yep that seems fair to me. All class B schools do that.

Vetter. Bohl. Hedberg. Feller. Walz.

Happen to have some good families in the school.

North Star has had a lot of success with Hagler, Lindahl, and Komrosky. Same idea.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Thundersnow » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:58 am

My predictions:

G1 - Bowman over Our Redeemers
G2 - Westhope-Newburg over EKM
G3 - North Star over LLM
G4 - Ryan over Sargent County

G5 - EKM over Our Redeemers
G6 - Sargent County over LLM
G7 - Bowman over Westhope-Newburg
G8 - North Star over Ryan

7th Place - LLM over Our Redeemers
5th Place - EKM over Sargent County
3rd Place - Westhope-Newburg over Ryan
Championship - Bowman over North Star

I think the seniors for Bowman put together a great weekend and finish their careers as state champions. I want to get in early and say that Westhope-Newburg wins the state championship next year in 2025
Thundersnow
NDPreps Starter

Postby aNDkid91 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:18 pm

My predictions (for what it’s worth)
1st-North Star
2nd-Bowman County
3rd-Westhope-Newburg
4th-Bishop Ryan
5th-Sargent County
6th-Our Redeemers
7th-EKM
8th-LLM
aNDkid91
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:54 pm

Bowman
Westhope-Newburg
North Star
Bishop Ryan

EKM
Sargent County
Westhope-Newburg
North Star

ORCS
EKM
Bowman
Westhope-Newburg

I could see Thundersnow's predictions going too...Semifinal night could be very interesting with great matchups. Not many choosing EKM (I didn't either) but I wouldn't be shocked for a run by them like their girls did two weeks ago
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:39 pm

How many class B towns have two different schools in the State Tournament?
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby aNDkid91 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:29 pm

What a game between Bowman County and Westhope-Newburg!! Impressive win by the Sioux!
aNDkid91
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thundersnow » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:57 pm

Thundersnow wrote:My predictions:

G3 - North Star over LLM

I think the seniors for Bowman put together a great weekend and finish their careers as state champions. I want to get in early and say that Westhope-Newburg wins the state championship next year in 2025

I guess I was one year early. Congrats to Westhope-Newburg on a hard-fought three wins and the state title. I've seen a lot of complaints online about the officials. Some of those complaints are warranted in my mind as it seems like the physicality did get out-of-hand at times leading to the unfortunate injury of Walker Braaten. Not sure how to fix this though.
Thundersnow
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:33 pm

Thundersnow wrote:

G3 - North Star over LLM

I guess I was one year early. Congrats to Westhope-Newburg on a hard-fought three wins and the state title. I've seen a lot of complaints online about the officials. Some of those complaints are warranted in my mind as it seems like the physicality did get out-of-hand at times leading to the unfortunate injury of Walker Braaten. Not sure how to fix this though.

:roll: Ummmmm how about call the games the same way you have all season, pretty simple.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby olufsen2022 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:02 pm

packers21 wrote:
Thundersnow wrote:

G3 - North Star over LLM

:roll: Ummmmm how about call the games the same way you have all season, pretty simple.

Seems like a simple concept......not sure why things change so much during state tournaments.
olufsen2022
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsphenom » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:14 pm

Couple of things about this tournament and just the 3 class system in general.

- The B didn't die, we thoroughly enjoyed all the games at the B, no huge blowouts, some great games- big comeback by Westhope/Newburg in the semis, incredible shot by Our Redeemers in the consolation semi's, an overall great competitive tournament.
- They need to go back to the original format of semi's at night. I think Friday night would've had great crowds if they weren't in the afternoon. If WDAY can't handle it let someone else do it. This was one of our huge complaints during the girls tournaments, and one that I've heard over and over again from fans.
- The reffing really needs to be addressed. Luckily no one got seriously hurt in some of these games, there was constantly bodies all over the place.
- To my point above, reffing does need to be addressed, but I can see why sometimes they don't call things. The amount of flopping that goes on is atrocious. Some teams were really bad at this and it was hard to watch. Technicals need to be given out and maybe that would clean it up.
- Overall the 3 class system is working. We also loved watching all the challenge games leading up to state. Is the plan perfect?!? Probably not, but its a step in the right direction.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Class B » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:49 pm

sportsphenom wrote:Couple of things about this tournament and just the 3 class system in general.

- The B didn't die, we thoroughly enjoyed all the games at the B, no huge blowouts, some great games- big comeback by Westhope/Newburg in the semis, incredible shot by Our Redeemers in the consolation semi's, an overall great competitive tournament.
- They need to go back to the original format of semi's at night. I think Friday night would've had great crowds if they weren't in the afternoon. If WDAY can't handle it let someone else do it. This was one of our huge complaints during the girls tournaments, and one that I've heard over and over again from fans.
- The reffing really needs to be addressed. Luckily no one got seriously hurt in some of these games, there was constantly bodies all over the place.
- To my point above, reffing does need to be addressed, but I can see why sometimes they don't call things. The amount of flopping that goes on is atrocious. Some teams were really bad at this and it was hard to watch. Technicals need to be given out and maybe that would clean it up.
- Overall the 3 class system is working. We also loved watching all the challenge games leading up to state. Is the plan perfect?!? Probably not, but its a step in the right direction.

Maybe why it got so physical?
Class B
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:25 pm

sportsphenom wrote:- They need to go back to the original format of semi's at night. I think Friday night would've had great crowds if they weren't in the afternoon. If WDAY can't handle it let someone else do it. This was one of our huge complaints during the girls tournaments, and one that I've heard over and over again from fans.

According to Dom Izzo the schedule was made by the NDHSAA.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys