Mayport-C-G

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mayport-C-G

Postby CC1983 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:36 pm

Can someone please explain what changed in Mayport. They had a poor record. Went to Cando and almost beat NorthStar then go into the District 4 tournament as the 7 and win the whole thing. Did they get players back, major coaching changes, or what?
CC1983
NDPreps Starter

Re: Mayport-C-G

Postby packers21 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:15 pm

CC1983 wrote:Can someone please explain what changed in Mayport. They had a poor record. Went to Cando and almost beat NorthStar then go into the District 4 tournament as the 7 and win the whole thing. Did they get players back, major coaching changes, or what?

“Be Better”
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:41 pm

D4 is very balanced…so not as shocked to see them win it all…as you also have #5 & #8 moving to regions as well. They definitely looked to have a different mentality during districts
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:31 am

Not a shock that they won the district tournament. I said a few weeks ago that anyone 1-8 could win it in that district. But looking at how they played North Star, something is just clicking for them right now and they are hot at the right time. I don't see them playing their way to the state tournament, but who knows it might just happen.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:53 am

ndlionsfan wrote:Not a shock that they won the district tournament. I said a few weeks ago that anyone 1-8 could win it in that district. But looking at how they played North Star, something is just clicking for them right now and they are hot at the right time. I don't see them playing their way to the state tournament, but who knows it might just happen.

MPCG could win their region tournament outright. North Star is good, but beatable and their second game with them would be on a neutral court. I can see the Patriots winning a challenge game with the R1 third place team depending how that shakes out. I think their chances are pretty good to make a run. Playing their best at the right time.
Last edited by BasketballMind on Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:09 am

Definitely young and talented. Appears they loaded up their schedule early with Class A teams as well. Believe they played Grafton, Thompson, Northern Cass and H-CV. So some of their losses were against very solid programs and great experience for a young team.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys