Minot Ryan

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Minot Ryan

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:17 pm

I think the NDHSAA has really shown that they were right by letting Ryan stay in Class B. Remember it's basically supposed to be a rebuilding year for them. Class B teams that lost a big and talented Senior Class should be down at least one year but this is what they do to class B schools
Beat Powers Lake by 22
Beat South Prairie by 50
Beat Tioga by by 49
Beat Drake by 49
Beat Glenburn by 56
Beat Lewis and Clark By 34
Kenmare by 35
So their two times they did not win ... They Played good games against Class A Schools. Can you image if they had been forced into class A.... they might have lost 4 or 5 games this year.

West-Hope is a really good Class B school who only lost to guess who.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Re: Minot Ryan

Postby bk1990 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:17 pm

maddog1971 wrote:I think the NDHSAA has really shown that they were right by letting Ryan stay in Class B. Remember it's basically supposed to be a rebuilding year for them. Class B teams that lost a big and talented Senior Class should be down at least one year but this is what they do to class B schools
Beat Powers Lake by 22 11-8
Beat South Prairie by 50 JV
Beat Tioga by by 49 8-15
Beat Drake by 49 4-16
Beat Glenburn by 56 0-19
Beat Lewis and Clark By 34 2-17
Kenmare by 35 12-7
So their two times they did not win ... They Played good games against Class A Schools. Can you image if they had been forced into class A.... they might have lost 4 or 5 games this year.

First off, wow, your fixation with Bishop Ryan is rather odd. Second, I put in bold the records of the teams you listed, as you can see they weren't the best teams. I notice you didn't put in other games, South Prairie varsity, a 6 point game, MLS 10 points, Velva 6 points, TGU 1 point, you hand picked games to try to prove your point. Don't omit info just because it goes against your talking points. With 3 three class system, it has watered down B class, but don't fault Ryan for maintaining. If you watch any of the teams you listed, it obvious basketball is not something they focus on after March and before November and their record reflects it, but don't fault a school with 92 (?) students for being successful. I saw they also had two state wrestling champions, should they have to bump up to A? How it is possible to have two successful programs at the same time with their limited numbers? Oh, I forgot, they are in a larger city and have unfair advantages than their rural counterparts.
Also, this will really upset you, they only have 2 seniors on their roster and 1 only plays part time as he also wrestles
bk1990
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:03 am

bk1990 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:I think the NDHSAA has really shown that they were right by letting Ryan stay in Class B. Remember it's basically supposed to be a rebuilding year for them. Class B teams that lost a big and talented Senior Class should be down at least one year but this is what they do to class B schools
Beat Powers Lake by 22 11-8
Beat South Prairie by 50 JV
Beat Tioga by by 49 8-15
Beat Drake by 49 4-16
Beat Glenburn by 56 0-19
Beat Lewis and Clark By 34 2-17
Kenmare by 35 12-7

First off, wow, your fixation with Bishop Ryan is rather odd. Second, I put in bold the records of the teams you listed, as you can see they weren't the best teams. I notice you didn't put in other games, South Prairie varsity, a 6 point game, MLS 10 points, Velva 6 points, TGU 1 point, you hand picked games to try to prove your point. Don't omit info just because it goes against your talking points. With 3 three class system, it has watered down B class, but don't fault Ryan for maintaining. If you watch any of the teams you listed, it obvious basketball is not something they focus on after March and before November and their record reflects it, but don't fault a school with 92 (?) students for being successful. I saw they also had two state wrestling champions, should they have to bump up to A? How it is possible to have two successful programs at the same time with their limited numbers? Oh, I forgot, they are in a larger city and have unfair advantages than their rural counterparts.
Also, this will really upset you, they only have 2 seniors on their roster and 1 only plays part time as he also wrestles

Thank you for making my point. Only 92 students and they are really good every year. Yep... Just like every other class B school.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby chief45 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:04 am

The thing is they probably wont be that great in two years. They are well coached, but a lot of their success can be attributed to the talent of their Junior class who has been good for many years. Also whether you like it or not you have to have some sort of enrollment criteria determining who is in what class.
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:39 pm

The personal bias you have toward Bishop Ryan makes it hard to take these repeated shots at them seriously.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby Class B » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:59 pm

chief45 wrote:The thing is they probably wont be that great in two years. They are well coached, but a lot of their success can be attributed to the talent of their Junior class who has been good for many years. Also whether you like it or not you have to have some sort of enrollment criteria determining who is in what class.

I'll catch some shade for this, but District 8 this season and next season is really about 2 superstars. In 2026, it will come down to who has the best 5-8 kids. That's when it will be fun and intriguing.
Class B
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:38 pm

I think your statement is pretty accurate.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys