2022-2023 Boys Regional Tournaments

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2022-2023 Boys Regional Tournaments

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:37 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
RiverMiner99 wrote:defensewinsgames must have insider info! :)

No real difference in being the 2 or 3 seed, but I don't see how you could seed Bismarck higher than Beulah. Same records. Beulah won the head to head game. Beulah's schedule was rated as more difficult. I think the coaches rankings should be made public. Again for this situation is doesn't matter, but there are years when things have looked questionable to me. If the coaches know their rankings would be published you might see different results.

usually it goes against the private schools though not for them...it's a wash to me and my guess is the vote was very tight (Highest & Lowest Ranking get thrown out...and then the average of the 5 remaining are used to seed). A lot of media members were in agreeance that Shiloh was #2 last night on Twitter...could have played a role in the votes being sent in. Shiloh also finished the best (end of season results) whereas a majority of Shiloh's losses occurred at the beginning of 2023.

Shiloh Losses
1/6: Oak Grove 71-68
1/7: Rapid City Christian, SD 84-81 (Class A SD team - lost in SODAK 16 Round)
1/13: Beulah 51-46
2/14: Des Lacs-Burlington 58-49

Beulah Losses
12/28: Rugby 53-46
2/11: Bowman County 70-55
2/16: Bishop Ryan 82-72
2/25: Four Winds-Minnewaukan 61-42

Some may have looked at Shiloh beating FWM late in the season where Beulah lost to them at the end, too. It's a tossup to me and like someone else said, really doesn't matter between 2/3 seeds.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys