Halves or Quarters, 30 or 35

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Halves or Quarters, 30 or 35

Postby heimer » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:05 pm

I asked today about what the game rules will be for the middle class, as the teams coming down currently use halves, and the teams moving up will use quarters.

I'm told a survey was done of the potential teams in the class. Fourteen favor quarters and 13 favor halves.

I didn't get the report on the shot clock.

Personally, I think the way college womens basketball is being played makes a lot of sense, and I'm told that was just a few votes shy of passing at the national level. Quarters, penalty at five fouls, fouls reset at the end of each quarter.

How should the middle class teams play?
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: Halves or Quarters, 30 or 35

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:54 pm

Great question....

I like halves but make them 18 Minute halves....
I would also like to see doing away with 5 second call and the 10 second to cross half line.
30 second shot clock and reset to 20 if on a offensive rebound.
I still like the 7 fouls and then bonus.
AND GET rid of the Tech for Dunking during warm ups... really... Everybody loves it in the crowd.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:48 pm

I'm going to guess Quarters are going to win out but wouldn't mind 2 18-minute halves

35-second shot clock most likely but wouldn't be opposed to 30...resetting normal (resetting on an offensive board will be tough for many keepers).

I like the idea of the 5 fouls to bonus for the quarter...resetting each quarter (I think A & B should move to this)

With the possibility of more crossover games for A & B...my guess would be there will be more similarities there then with AA & A
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Your daddy » Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:08 pm

Every team we've played this year kids were dunking during warm-ups. I asked my kid why no technical he said You just have to do it right away before the refs come out.
Your daddy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Thundersnow » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:17 am

My vote would be to have 8-minute quarters and a 30-second shot clock. I like buzzer beaters.
Thundersnow
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys