Region 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 4

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:31 pm

Couple big games in Region 4 tonight with Four Winds-Minnewaukan versus North Star and Warwick versus North Prairie. Right now these are the top 4 teams in the region and will determine a lot towards seeding.

FWM drubbed North Star in the Ramsey County championship a couple weeks ago, but North Star has also rebounded with a big win against HCV recently.

Warwick's only loss was to North Border over the Christmas break while NP also lost to North Border by the same amount and had their other loss by 10 against FWM.

I'll take FWM by about 15 at home tonight and I think it's about a coin flip between NP and Warwick. I think if NP pounds it inside to their big guy they will win, but if it's an up tempo perimeter orientated game which I think it will be, I will take Warwick by 3.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: Region 4

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:28 pm

Four Winds-Minnewaukan def. North Star 66-43
North Prairie def. Warwick 67-50

Also NR-S beat SJ 57-52 in OT tonight
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:19 am

Going into the season I thought that North Star and Four Winds would be pretty even and maybe we would see a more interesting region at the top than the last few years. After watching those two games and seeing the Four Winds v. North Prairie game I think the best chance to knock off Four Winds is North Prairie. I'm not sure if it is a mental block deal or what but North Start does not play well vs. Four Winds. Talent wise that should be a close game but both games just haven't been. I would re-rank the top 4 this way:

1. Four Winds
2. North Prairie
3. North Star
4. Warwick

I think Warwick is a ways off of the other three and think Four Winds is a clear number one
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:18 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:Going into the season I thought that North Star and Four Winds would be pretty even and maybe we would see a more interesting region at the top than the last few years. After watching those two games and seeing the Four Winds v. North Prairie game I think the best chance to knock off Four Winds is North Prairie. I'm not sure if it is a mental block deal or what but North Start does not play well vs. Four Winds. Talent wise that should be a close game but both games just haven't been. I would re-rank the top 4 this way:

1. Four Winds
2. North Prairie
3. North Star
4. Warwick

I think Warwick is a ways off of the other three and think Four Winds is a clear number one

I agree with you, but I'm not sure where to put Dunseith yet. Haven't seen them play in person and not a lot of common opponents yet in the season to compare. They could possibly be ahead of Warwick.

I think this region has a definite top half and bottom half. With the 4 teams you mentioned I would add in HWC and Dunseith. I expected St. John to be up there as well but they have somewhat underperformed so far this season. I believe the bottom half of the region could knock each other off on any given night, but won't stick with any teams in the top half.

Quarterfinal round of the region tournament should be pretty uneventful with the top seeds winning, but the semifinal night is shaping up to be a couple good games.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:36 pm

Where does Lakota fit in? Best of the bottom?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:02 pm

Flip wrote:Where does Lakota fit in? Best of the bottom?

I see them around the 8-9 spot. Have three very good players in Gibson, Baumgarn, and Thompson but rely heavily on three freshmen and only go 6-7 deep. BC game last week was a one score game throughout until mid-4th quarter when Lakota put together a run to pull away.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:57 pm

Flip wrote:Where does Lakota fit in? Best of the bottom?

Lakota is so hard to predict to me. I could see them knocking off Warwick/St. John/Dunseith or losing to Langdon/New Rockford. Their top three are very good and when they are rolling and the other guys are playing their roles they are tough. But then there are times where they get in foul trouble or someone exploits one of the role players and they struggle. I think they probably finish in the 7 to 9 range but I don't see them pushing a top seed in the regional.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys