2022-23 Regular Season Discussion (All Regions)

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2022-23 Regular Season Discussion (All Regions)

Postby pastflyer » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:47 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:We are in the final week of the season then it is tournament time. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on favorites to make region championships, who you think will make state out of each region, senior athlete of the year contenders, and teams that may make surprise runs at regionals and state.

I only really see region 2 games, so I'll say I think this tournament is going to be some dang good basketball and anyone of the top 5 teams could come out. North Border seems to be playing pretty well lately beating up on HCV and MPB last week, so I'm going to take them to come out of the region. I think senior athlete comes down to the two NB kids as well, and I'm not sure which one I'd pick! As for a surprise run, I think MPCG could come out of that region and surprise some teams!
pastflyer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:52 pm

Region 4 I see coming down to NP and FWM. I think we'll see some good games on semifinal night, but these two teams will prevail and have a good battle in the championship. I see Leas from NP winning senior athlete.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby leroybla » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:25 am

While Grafton boys are a quality team, how did they manage to beat Oak Grove by such a margin?
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Region 1 Fan » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:36 pm

leroybla wrote:While Grafton boys are a quality team, how did they manage to beat Oak Grove by such a margin?

OG's starting PG didn't play because of ankle injury and main starters only played 12 to 16 minutes. OG was up one at half and then halfway through 3rd, bench and JV kids got an opportunity for some minutes. Game got out of control at that point. Game had no impact on seeding so OG played it like a scrimmage giving most everyone on roster some minutes and avoided any further injuries to their core players. Entertaining game through one half. If this game took place in playoffs or earlier in the year, I think OG wins, especially if their PG played.
Region 1 Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:00 pm

Region 1 Fan wrote:
leroybla wrote:While Grafton boys are a quality team, how did they manage to beat Oak Grove by such a margin?

OG's starting PG didn't play because of ankle injury and main starters only played 12 to 16 minutes. OG was up one at half and then halfway through 3rd, bench and JV kids got an opportunity for some minutes. Game got out of control at that point. Game had no impact on seeding so OG played it like a scrimmage giving most everyone on roster some minutes and avoided any further injuries to their core players. Entertaining game through one half. If this game took place in playoffs or earlier in the year, I think OG wins, especially if their PG played.

Graftons best player (Baldwin) didnt even play in the game. OG was playing its second road game in 24 hours.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:00 pm

3rd quarter got away from them and then the the main group sat for final 10 minutes…Grafton played well and capitalized on their possessions in the 2nd half…OG had way too many one-and-dones
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Region 1 Fan » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:08 pm

packers21 wrote:
Region 1 Fan wrote:

Graftons best player (Baldwin) didnt even play in the game. OG was playing its second road game in 24 hours.

Didn't realize Baldwin didn't play. He's a very good player. Grafton played well without him. Baldwin and Bakegaard would have been a good matchup to see. Two very quality PGs in Region 1 and 2. Wish this game would have been played earlier in year. Would
have been an entertaining matchup to see.
Region 1 Fan
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys