finley-sharon hope-page?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby PA42 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:55 am

i know their or three of four die hard wolverine fans on the board. What is happening with fshp right now? Our they playing tough teams? SHots not falling? I honestly expected them to have better showings than they have had. Are they still team to watch in district 2 or is this a rebuilding season for next year?
PA42

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:32 pm

horne98 wrote:i know their or three of four die hard wolverine fans on the board. What is happening with fshp right now? Our they playing tough teams? SHots not falling? I honestly expected them to have better showings than they have had. Are they still team to watch in district 2 or is this a rebuilding season for next year?
Well I'm a former Raider....so i guess....i would be a fan of FSHP.....They were 2 and 1 with the loss to Kindred....then they lost Shawn Reimers (Starter, good ball handler) then they lost a highly contested game to North Sargent, i'm not one to complain about the reffing...but there were alot of bad calls both ways....so they were two and two....then last night they played N.C. they were up by 17....N.C chipped away by using the press and FSHP couldnt handle it....if they had Reimers in that game he would have helped with the press....then tonight they had a pretty impressive win vs. Hillsboro....won by 20 plus.....You have to remember that they are a first year Co-op...they are all adjusting to new teammates and coaches....give them time to learn each other's styles......if you read the hoopster at all they picked them fourth in the district......8th in the region.....they are going to be there at tourney time....dont count them out yet.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:51 pm

The Schwab wrote:
horne98 wrote:i know their or three of four die hard wolverine fans on the board. What is happening with fshp right now? Our they playing tough teams? SHots not falling? I honestly expected them to have better showings than they have had. Are they still team to watch in district 2 or is this a rebuilding season for next year?
Well I'm a former Raider....so i guess....i would be a fan of FSHP.....They were 2 and 1 with the loss to Kindred....then they lost Shawn Reimers (Starter, good ball handler) then they lost a highly contested game to North Sargent, i'm not one to complain about the reffing...but there were alot of bad calls both ways....so they were two and two....then last night they played N.C. they were up by 17....N.C chipped away by using the press and FSHP couldnt handle it....if they had Reimers in that game he would have helped with the press....then tonight they had a pretty impressive win vs. Hillsboro....won by 20 plus.....You have to remember that they are a first year Co-op...they are all adjusting to new teammates and coaches....give them time to learn each other's styles......if you read the hoopster at all they picked them fourth in the district......8th in the region.....they are going to be there at tourney time....dont count them out yet.

I'd count them out. First year co-ops mean nothing. 2004-05 year, Hatton-Northwood girls co-op, first year.. took 4th in state. 2005-06 year, Midway-Minto girls first year co-op, took second in state. Co-ops are not that big of deal. it should make them better if anything. Finley and Hope don't have that bad of hatred for each other that they couldn't play a sport together. Hillsboro is not very good. Every team should have an impressive win over them. If you don't have someone coming off the bench, or if you don't have a shooting gaurd that can bring the ball up the floor, your team is not very deep, which is also not showing much of that great of a team. And even if you don't have someone to break a press, i will live with that, but there is a good way to beat a press without dribbling. Pass the ball up the floor, rip it out of the net, get it in quick, and pass. you don't have to be a starting point gaurd to pass the ball. The only reason they might still have a chance is if the district is that weak. Ostrom's a good ballplayer, but outside of that, I haven't seen much.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:06 pm

SCC wrote:North Border won State B Boys in 2001 as a first-year co-op between the former North Border "Bandits" and Walhalla "Eagles" teams.  They probably would have made it to state the year before had they already been together.

I rest my case. Co-ops don't mean anything accept it can make teams better...
thunderbaseball_38

Postby Wombat » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:10 pm

Hey Schwab, Aren't you from Hatton???

The person that made your quote was Jeff Uben, I was there when he said it :-D
Last edited by Wombat on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PA42 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:51 am

well right now only ostrom and mehus are finley sharon boys seeing time on varsity. I know reimers is hurt, he is a nice player but before this season he had seen no varsity action. All three of these players have played baseball for at least two years with the hope-page guys. And from what i know hope-page and finley wasn't a huge rivalry or anything. I don't know if making excuses because they have 2 coaches with varsity expierience is the answer. I just think they are not ready this year. Next year they will be a competitor.
PA42

Postby PA42 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:53 am

Wombat wrote:Hey Schwab, Aren't you from Hatton???

The person that made your quote was Jeff Uben, I was there when he said it :-D
There will be no more mentioning of jeff uben on this board!
Jeff Uben rules!
PA42

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:56 am

Umm...hey buddy....zak bergstrom is from finley...and he has started the last few games.....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:59 am

i'm not trying to trun this into a finley vrs hope deal, i was just saying that all the guys that see time, including bergstrom have played baseball with guys from hope-page for number of years.
Last edited by PA42 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:06 am

I know this? you guys are blowing what i said about first year co-op's out of proportion.....all i think that is it's tough for guys who havent really played "competitive" basketball together, to click at the early part of the year......they will be fine once districts come arround....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassB-bballfan » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:17 am

I know that FSHP have had some injuries and have also suffered from some illness.  Shawn was a big hit as well, it will make a difference when he returns.  They have come back better after the Christmas break and should keep improving.  The new co-op is a factor as well, the HP kids look first to their prior team mates and the FS kids do the same and by the time they realize that someone else is open it is too late, that will change in time as the mesh together as a team. They will be a team to watch this year by tourney time and also next year as they don't loose too much.  They will still have Ostrom, Nelson, Thorson, Reimers, Severson and many others.  Keep and eye and ear on them.
ClassB-bballfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PA42 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:37 am

these guys are all very young. but because of a wide open region 1 they could make a run.
PA42

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:23 am

Yep
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:34 pm

by a wide open region 1, do you mean a horrible region 1?
thunderbaseball_38

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:56 pm

Not by any stretch of the immagination
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:15 pm

Say FSHP would have been entered into FS's district and region instead of HP's district and region... How do you think they would be fairing right now?
thunderbaseball_38

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:21 pm

The would hold their own IMO
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:30 pm

In my opinion, they wouldn't come close to Thompson, Mayville, Hatton-Northwood, Larimore.. They might compete with Dakota Prairie and Central Valley, but still not come out on top. They only beat GCC by 3... Thats just in the district. I am going to go out on the limb here and say they wouldn't stand a chance in our region, and they would definately not stand a chance in our region..
thunderbaseball_38

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:19 pm

Just wondering...how many times have you seen them play this year (FSHP)?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:09 pm

The Schwab wrote:Just wondering...how many times have you seen them play this year (FSHP)?

twice
thunderbaseball_38

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:16 pm

against who?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:30 pm

griggs and hillsboro

thunderbaseball_38

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:31 pm

well the griggs game wasnt a typical game for them...and hillsboro isnt nearly as good as in the past...so that really wasnt a good judge of their team.....i think they would compete in region 2...but there not..so there's nothing we can do about that
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:00 pm

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:In my opinion, they wouldn't come close to Thompson, Mayville, Hatton-Northwood, Larimore.. They might compete with Dakota Prairie and Central Valley, but still not come out on top. They only beat GCC by 3... Thats just in the district. I am going to go out on the limb here and say they wouldn't stand a chance in our region, and they would definately not stand a chance in our region..

Ummm......are you going to take back this statement now.....I think the game tonight proves that Region 1 is a very good region.....not only did they come close to H-N......They beat them.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:33 am

well if they happen to get 4th in the district...they will have a very tough opening round game against prolly either Hankinson or Lisbon.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys