Way too early 2022-2023 Top Region Teams

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Way too early 2022-2023 Top Region Teams

Postby Region 1 Fan » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:47 am

maddog1971 wrote:
Region 1 Fan wrote:Is it true that Kindred's big guy is going to miss the basketball season because of injury. If that's the case, that changes the landscape for Region 1. You probably have CC, OG, SC, Richland and then maybe Kindred rounding out the top 5. Kindred will still be tough but it would be difficult to replace their big guy as he is a matchup issue for all of Region 1.

I believe Sunram is not playing this year. BUT that does not mean Kindred does not have Height and Athletes back. They Will not be 5th in the region. Ousse is a Solid 6'6 if not 6'7, Peraza is a Full 6'4 and his brother grew his Junior and senior year... Both play above the rim. Davis is a solid 6'4 and an athlete. and a number of kids from 6 foot range. If Kindred can learn to play together and not worry about who is putting up points... Central Cass will have their hands full. Don't get me wrong, Sunram was probably and all state player this year but he needs to get health and ready for the next level of Football....

Totally agree that Kindred will still be a force by years end. Extremely talented and well coached. I do think it may take them a half a year or so to find their identity. Once they do, watch out! They will be a tough out come tourney time.
Region 1 Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby BasketballMind » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:56 pm

Kindred's JV and C Squad teams were both strong last year, so even though they may have some new faces on the court, they have quality players at every level. Losing Sunram hurts, but they are at least going into the season knowing he's not playing, rather than him trying to play, getting hurt in January and then dealing with it.
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:03 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
Region 1 Fan wrote:Is it true that Kindred's big guy is going to miss the basketball season because of injury. If that's the case, that changes the landscape for Region 1. You probably have CC, OG, SC, Richland and then maybe Kindred rounding out the top 5. Kindred will still be tough but it would be difficult to replace their big guy as he is a matchup issue for all of Region 1.

I believe Sunram is not playing this year. BUT that does not mean Kindred does not have Height and Athletes back. They Will not be 5th in the region. Ousse is a Solid 6'6 if not 6'7, Peraza is a Full 6'4 and his brother grew his Junior and senior year... Both play above the rim. Davis is a solid 6'4 and an athlete. and a number of kids from 6 foot range. If Kindred can learn to play together and not worry about who is putting up points... Central Cass will have their hands full. Don't get me wrong, Sunram was probably and all state player this year but he needs to get health and ready for the next level of Football....

Kindred without Sunram will most likely still be the #2 seed, and he was never going to be All-State in BB.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Region 1 Fan » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:48 pm

packers21 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:

Kindred without Sunram will most likely still be the #2 seed, and he was never going to be All-State in BB.

Maybe not All-State but he would have been one of the top players in Region 1. I think anyone in the top 4 of Region 1 could represent their Region very well at State. Region 1 is top heavy with the top 4 - CC has to be the Pre-Season favorites, after that, no one is paying attention to Sargent County and Oak Grove. Both teams will be tough to deal with...Sargent County has everyone coming back and Oak Grove will have two of their top players back as well. I think CC will be the # 1 seed heading into Region 1 tourney, OG #2, Sargent County #3 and Kindred #4. Richland will be a sneaky team this year as well.
Region 1 Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:07 am

packers21 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:

You might be right but I might be as well. I make my statement because you name one team in the State of North Dakota That will not take and Start a 6'5 to 6'6 260LBs of Athlete that can shoot the 3 very well, Get you 20 points and 12 boards a night and if give him a step to the basket... he will rip the rim down... AND he is the type of player that does not care if he is scoring or rebounding or playing defense.... I will take him
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:48 am

maddog1971 wrote:
packers21 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:

You might be right but I might be as well. I make my statement because you name one team in the State of North Dakota That will not take and Start a 6'5 to 6'6 260LBs of Athlete that can shoot the 3 very well, Get you 20 points and 12 boards a night and if give him a step to the basket... he will rip the rim down... AND he is the type of player that does not care if he is scoring or rebounding or playing defense.... I will take him

You make your statement as a Kindred parent & supporter (nothing wrong with that...go ALL of Region 1 for me but I branch out and watch everyone).
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:05 am

maddog1971 wrote:
packers21 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:

Never said anything about him not being a great player or wanting him on my team. I’m sure anyone would gladly take him! He a great athlete and very good basketball player but he also didn’t average 20/12.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:11 am

I'm assuming region 2 doesn't have a team that can contend for a state title?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Region 1 Fan » Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:41 am

Flip wrote:I'm assuming region 2 doesn't have a team that can contend for a state title?

Region 2 is always tough. Not sure about Title contenders this year but if I had to place some money on 2023/4 season, I would pick either Thompson from Region 2 or Kindred/Central Cass from Region 1. All 3 teams will be scary good.
Region 1 Fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:32 pm

Region 1 Fan wrote:
Flip wrote:I'm assuming region 2 doesn't have a team that can contend for a state title?

Region 2 is always tough. Not sure about Title contenders this year but if I had to place some money on 2023/4 season, I would pick either Thompson from Region 2 or Kindred/Central Cass from Region 1. All 3 teams will be scary good.

If you are talking 2023/24 I would be looking at Grafton. They will have 3 starting guards as seniors that helped lead them to state as starting sophomores. Plus they will have some talented bigs to go with them.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby Region 1 Fan » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:30 pm

d_fense wrote:
Region 1 Fan wrote:

If you are talking 2023/24 I would be looking at Grafton. They will have 3 starting guards as seniors that helped lead them to state as starting sophomores. Plus they will have some talented bigs to go with them.

Hillsboro will have their big guy back as a senior as well. Not sure if they will have enough depth to contend with Thompson and Grafton however. Region 2 is always fun to follow. Almost as much as Region 1 :D
Region 1 Fan
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys