Senior Athlete of the Year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Senior Athlete of the Year

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:21 am

Rule 7: Do not use topics, or posts, for the sole purpose of criticizing an athlete, coach, a schools fans, a fellow board member, or referee by name. If you are going to be offering up negative opinions on things, please state why you feel that way, or risk having your post edited, or deleted. We aren't here to bash people anonymously!

Rule 8: Please do not call out players, or coaches either. Unless you are willing to post who you are, and where you live, and what gives you the right to call out others. This isn't the place for that.

Rules of the Site...tend to be forgotten.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sniper » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:08 pm

balla45 wrote:I think what Sniper was doing was comparing style of play, not trying to state that Joe Hurlburt is the same caliber of player as Embiid or Towns.

Correct. At no point did I say he has the talent level that those two NBA all-stars have. If there was another comparison I could make from ND basketball I would but I do not see a lot of near 7 footers that can stretch the floor and play inside and out. Very unique player for ND so comparisons are few and far between.
Sniper
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:58 am

WalkingStick wrote:Rule 8: Please do not call out players, or coaches either. Unless you are willing to post who you are, and where you live, and what gives you the right to call out others. This isn't the place for that.

I am from North Star. Had 2 boys who each played in state B tourney. 1 was up for SAOY, the other was district SAOY. Were all state in 3 different sports and between them received scholarships and played in 3 different sports in college. Should be able to figure out who I am. (Main point being is not everybody is just an armchair QB. Many of us have some good insight and experience on the topics being discussed)

Been on this site for over 10 years. When my kids were playing, they and their team used to get negative comments on this site all the time. Back then, there were actually a lot of people coming on this site. They laughed about it or they came on and defended themselves. They and all their friends quit coming on this site years ago. All the pc crap and snowflake warriors seemed to ruin it for them. There's a reason this site is almost dead.

There are 2 camps on this subject and yes there were negative comments. Most all of them came from the "home" team against any poster who wasn't on board with their opinion. Go back and read it for yourself. Put yourself in the other shoes and read them.

I deleted my posts because I'm done coming on this website. There was nothing wrong with any of my posts other than they didn't agree with the status quo. The attacks against maddog and hoop were for the same reason. I will check back in from time to time to see how the moderator tryouts are going. Maybe some of you will get your name in red some day. Then you can officially ban anybody who dare question the status quo.
Last edited by Bison-Vikes #1 on Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:29 am

WalkingStick wrote:Rule 7: Do not use topics, or posts, for the sole purpose of criticizing an athlete, coach, a schools fans, a fellow board member, or referee by name. If you are going to be offering up negative opinions on things, please state why you feel that way, or risk having your post edited, or deleted. We aren't here to bash people anonymously!

Rule 8: Please do not call out players, or coaches either. Unless you are willing to post who you are, and where you live, and what gives you the right to call out others. This isn't the place for that.

This was a reminder for all...not any one person.

If this was for one person, it would have had a quoted message but since many seem to like personal attacks or subtle attacks on an individual, I thought it would be a good reminder to see these are rules for the site...even if they aren't being moderated on often. Talk, discuss but don't attack an athlete...especially a high school athlete.

Bison-Vikes -> there was nothing wrong with your posts, in my eyes.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:19 pm

So as long as we say that X player is a future NBA Star and Y player is a future WBNA star and they are the best player this state has ever seen and this coach is incredible on how he coaches his team. Best coach I have every seen. That is OK? But if we disagree with someone or actually give our own opinion then we are trashing the player or coach? I get blamed all the time for shots.... I don't see any of them as shots? I think it is just my opinion. Some like different coaching styles and some like different playing styles. Debating them does mean we are personally attacking a player or coach.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:30 pm

maddog1971 wrote:So as long as we say that X player is a future NBA Star and Y player is a future WBNA star and they are the best player this state has ever seen and this coach is incredible on how he coaches his team. Best coach I have every seen. That is OK? But if we disagree with someone or actually give our own opinion then we are trashing the player or coach? I get blamed all the time for shots.... I don't see any of them as shots? I think it is just my opinion. Some like different coaching styles and some like different playing styles. Debating them does mean we are personally attacking a player or coach.

I have been moderating this site since I was a sophomore in high school. I happen to disagree with some of your opinions but I have enjoyed the conversation. In looking at the moderator logs, I do not see that any of us have edited a post or deleted a post of another member in any of these conversations.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sleepy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:29 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Senior Player of the Year - just that Senior Award

Mr. Basketball - Career Award

Brandt/Hurlburt are my top 2
Yankton is a close 3rd

Limke, Wagner, Friesz & Hendrickson are the 2nd tier (Friesz may have been in consideration with top 3 if he hadn't gotten hurt...bummer cause Flasher looked primed to be R5's representative)

Don't know much about Nelson from Ray.

What happened to Friesz?
Sleepy
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:34 pm

Sleepy wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:Senior Player of the Year - just that Senior Award

Mr. Basketball - Career Award

Brandt/Hurlburt are my top 2
Yankton is a close 3rd

Limke, Wagner, Friesz & Hendrickson are the 2nd tier (Friesz may have been in consideration with top 3 if he hadn't gotten hurt...bummer cause Flasher looked primed to be R5's representative)

Don't know much about Nelson from Ray.

What happened to Friesz?

He tore his ACL. He played through it. Props to him.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys