State B Boys Tournamant

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State B Boys Tournamant

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:38 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Any one see or know what happened to Olson?

He looked to have taken a shot to the head when he went up for a shot. No worries, the refs didn’t call it. I don’t like over officiated games but these championship games get a little out of hand.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby Old Drifter » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:03 am

congratulation to the Four Winds Indians upon completing an undefeated season and winning the state tournament...
Old Drifter
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:33 am

Old Drifter wrote:congratulation to the Four Winds Indians upon completing an undefeated season and winning the state tournament...

That was impressive. Their press got Kindred sped up and they took too many quick shots. Coach Woehl said at halftime they had to get the ball inside and they were never able to do it.

When was the last time state wasn't in Minot? and where is it next year?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby RedDirtFan » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:12 am

What an impressive season by Four Winds/Minnewauken. Hats off to the kids, coaches, and communities. I honestly thought Kindred was going to break that press and be unstoppable at the rim. They did fairly well against the press but FWM got back and then defended the rim spectacularly. I don't think any of us saw a 20 point win coming in either direction.
RedDirtFan
NDPreps Starter

Postby momofathletes » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:51 am

Flip wrote:
Old Drifter wrote:congratulation to the Four Winds Indians upon completing an undefeated season and winning the state tournament...

That was impressive. Their press got Kindred sped up and they took too many quick shots. Coach Woehl said at halftime they had to get the ball inside and they were never able to do it.

state BBB has rotated between Bismarck and Minot past several years and will continue to do so:

https://ndhsaa.com/calendar/tournament-sites/approved
There's No Crying in Basketball
momofathletes
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:56 am

momofathletes wrote:
Flip wrote:

state BBB has rotated between Bismarck and Minot past several years and will continue to do so:

Basketball locations are definitely at their best locations:
B Girls between GF & Minot
B Boys between Minot & Bismarck
A Boys & Girls between Bismarck & Fargo (two courts needed)
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:00 pm

momofathletes wrote:
Flip wrote:

Boys weren't in Minot last year?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:47 pm

Flip wrote:
momofathletes wrote:
Flip wrote:

Boys weren't in Minot last year?

It was supposed to be in Bismarck the year it was cancelled

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:19 pm

Congrats to FWM on their state championship, that was one of the most dominating championship games I've ever watched. Their athleticism simply could not be matched by Kindred. I haven't seen Kindred struggle all year until Saturday night, and the better team was absolutely FWM.

* An impressive display of sportsmanship in the championship game by both FWM and Kindred. Hats off to their players and coaches. That's the way the game is supposed to be played.

* A special congrats to LaMoure. It was nice to see a small town team do very well at the tourney. They had a tragic year with the loss of a teammate, but their players stuck together and pulled through during some tough times. Small town pride at its best was on display from LaMoure.

* I agree that the Sr athletes of each Region should get recognized at the B. They put in a lot of hard work and it just isn't right to not give them the proper recognition. Trey Brandt went up by himself, and he should've been there with all the Regional winners. Same goes with Mr. BB. An award of that caliber should also be announced at the championship game.

* We will likely see Four Winds back at the B for the next two years at least. Their PG returns (Keja), and Deng & Leftbear are only sophomores. They are going to be a fun team to watch again and will likely be a top 3 team all next year.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:45 pm

I hear the Senior Athletes of each region will likely be back next year...per a few ADs.

Mr. Basketball was announced after the Championship game BUT it is a NDAPSSA award, and I believe WDAY doesn't stand with the NDAPSSA...so my guess would be that as long as WDAY has the tournament coverage it will not be broadcasted on tv...but on other ND Media outlets (PSP Network had it live).

Four Winds-Minnewaukan will have no problem making it back to the 'B' as I don't think there is a team in R4 that can compete.

The final places is honestly what I thought the seeding should have been.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:47 am

FWM played a great game and shot the ball very well.
Part of the game is to figure out how the game is going to be called and Kindred did not figure it out until the 3rd and by then it was to late. Kindreds run at the start of the second half to get it to 1 and FWM hit 3 3's and the lead was back to 10 and the game was over.
Congrats to FWM. You deserve this one.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:36 am

Does anyone have a video of how high Peraza can touch on the backboard? I swear his head was going to hit the rim a few times. The second (I believe) dunk he had against Bowman was crazy, where he jumped from the NSIC logo.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:32 pm

The game is much more than just dunking but it is fun to watch the boys fly over the years. I have seen some great photos of them from the tournament.... and yes... both can almost touch their heads on the rim and both have hit their heads on the backboard. During the Ryan game Olson got pushed going up and hit his head on the backboard. Lucky he kept his balance and did not get hurt to badly.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:44 pm

BelfieldBantams wrote:One thing that has irritated me with this tournament is lack of planning for seating. Obviously you are not going to be able to predict the state championship game teams but the #1 and 2 seeds should be on opposite sides of the gym. Instead they are in the same quarter of the gym. That’s beyond stupid.

I was told they rotate Region seating per year, rank and record don't have anything to do with it.

State B Locations:
2019 Minot
2020 Bismarck (Cancelled)
2021 Minot
2022 Minot

I was also wondering why Minot got the Tourney in 2022.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:59 pm

Starting next season, the boys class B tournament is set to rotate between Bismarck (2023) and Minot. This has been approved by the NDHSAA through the 2028 tournament.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoops23 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:04 pm

It was a pretty dominating performance by the FW/M Indians this past weekend, beating all 3 teams by an average of around 25 ppg. Beating one team by 40 and winning by 20 in the championship to the defending state champions.

Anyone else know of anything pretty close to this happening at the B??? Was just wondering....

I understand the top team in the bracket is mostly always the home team but having your number 1 overall team visitors in the championship game makes hardly no sense.
hoops23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:26 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
BelfieldBantams wrote:One thing that has irritated me with this tournament is lack of planning for seating. Obviously you are not going to be able to predict the state championship game teams but the #1 and 2 seeds should be on opposite sides of the gym. Instead they are in the same quarter of the gym. That’s beyond stupid.

I was told they rotate Region seating per year, rank and record don't have anything to do with it.

State B Locations:
2019 Minot
2020 Bismarck (Cancelled)
2021 Minot
2022 Minot

I was also wondering why Minot got the Tourney in 2022.

Because Class A was in Bismarck...Class B gets Bismarck when Class A is in Fargo

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby justplayalready » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:17 am

My 2cents...went into the tourney pretty neutral, after the parade of champions, I think the right team won...not a hit on Kindred, just was a meh watching them walk in circles...

Some really good freshmen and sophs across the state in addition to who was at the B. Deng Deng is an elite defender at this level. What he does alone on the back of their press was unbelievable(would like to see his total rebounds, steals and blocks for the three games). I would think there will be very few players, if any, next year that Deng cant stop at the rim(not sure who'll have Peraza length and hops)

Could see FW, Minot and Bismarck all again Sat night next year.

Dome itself is a great venue for watching the games...however the B itself has lost its vibe there. It really hasn't changed much the last 10 -15 years there(same music etc), and the changes made are going in the wrong directions. I would rather see more inhouse video on the scoreboard of fans, etc, then the twitter feeds( I see Ben Dover and Mike Oxlong made an appearance lol). Some student sections Cottoneye Joe better than others and some towns Sweet Caroline better...There were other times it was dead quiet during time outs. This may be a product of the same teams making it and it just isn't a big deal anymore(What? on Grafton's student section Thurs???). Again something needs to change the vibe.

I'm ready for Bismarck and hoping for an appearance from the Belcourt Band
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby senditin » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:40 pm

No team can ever be called the greatest ever but you can have a conversation and mention a few teams. This edition of FWM belongs in the convo. The most impressive stat is that only 1 team came within 10 points of them all season. Being undefeated, averaging 80+ points/game, a winning margin of 30+ pts/game and playing one of the toughest schedules has to be considered also.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby packers21 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:12 am

senditin wrote:No team can ever be called the greatest ever but you can have a conversation and mention a few teams. This edition of FWM belongs in the convo. The most impressive stat is that only 1 team came within 10 points of them all season. Being undefeated, averaging 80+ points/game, a winning margin of 30+ pts/game and playing one of the toughest schedules has to be considered also.

Very good run by 4 winds and they did dominate the tournament, although the championship game was closer than that final score. I never thought when I was watching them that it was one of the better teams in ND history and I still do not think that. I think you could argue there's been 3/4 teams from 4 winds that were better just didn't get the job done, but that's my opinion.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby armedndangerous » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:08 pm

hoops23 wrote:It was a pretty dominating performance by the FW/M Indians this past weekend, beating all 3 teams by an average of around 25 ppg. Beating one team by 40 and winning by 20 in the championship to the defending state champions.

Anyone else know of anything pretty close to this happening at the B??? Was just wondering....

I understand the top team in the bracket is mostly always the home team but having your number 1 overall team visitors in the championship game makes hardly no sense.

2015 Rugby was in the same ballpark but Four Winds might be the highest total spread in History:

Rugby 2015
80-39 Parshall
81-65 Oak Grove
54-40 Four Winds

1976 Lamoure too:
88-64 Rolla
78-54 Lakota
86-61 New Town
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:02 pm

senditin wrote:No team can ever be called the greatest ever but you can have a conversation and mention a few teams. This edition of FWM belongs in the convo. The most impressive stat is that only 1 team came within 10 points of them all season. Being undefeated, averaging 80+ points/game, a winning margin of 30+ pts/game and playing one of the toughest schedules has to be considered also.

And I'm thinking that one team was Enderlin. Eagles would of got destroyed by FWM at State, FWM grew as a team and developed a lot this season. From beginning of season to end, two entirely different teams.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:10 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:

And I'm thinking that one team was Enderlin. Eagles would of got destroyed by FWM at State, FWM grew as a team and developed a lot this season. From beginning of season to end, two entirely different teams.

It was FWM year. Plain and simple. They played a great Championship game. They hit the shots when they needed and shot them at a high rate. Deng is a 20% 3 shooter on the year and I think he hit 4 -4 or 5-5. Do I think if they played 5 times in 10 days.... I think FWM would have won 3 and Kindred 2. Or the other way around.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys