State B Boys Tournamant

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State B Boys Tournamant

Postby washed_up » Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:14 am

Serious question. Do the private schools have to follow the same conduct rules as the publics as far as eligibility ? Specifically in regards to drugs, alcohol, and controlled substances? I'd think they'd have to play by the same rules but since they don't with transfers i'm not positive.
washed_up
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:18 am

washed_up wrote:Serious question. Do the private schools have to follow the same conduct rules as the publics as far as eligibility ? Specifically in regards to drugs, alcohol, and controlled substances? I'd think they'd have to play by the same rules but since they don't with transfers i'm not positive.

I am fairly positive that I am aware of what you are referring to. I believe the NDHSAA rules will cause a 6 week suspension for a player who is cited for a minor in possession, minor in consumption, possession of controlled substances, etc. In this particular situation, that has not happened. Please avoid mentioning any specific player as I will have to remove all posts related to this.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:16 am

balla45 wrote:
washed_up wrote:Serious question. Do the private schools have to follow the same conduct rules as the publics as far as eligibility ? Specifically in regards to drugs, alcohol, and controlled substances? I'd think they'd have to play by the same rules but since they don't with transfers i'm not positive.

I am fairly positive that I am aware of what you are referring to. I believe the NDHSAA rules will cause a 6 week suspension for a player who is cited for a minor in possession, minor in consumption, possession of controlled substances, etc. In this particular situation, that has not happened. Please avoid mentioning any specific player as I will have to remove all posts related to this.

They do, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this individual sit the rest of the tournament.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:58 am

bingobangobongo wrote:Shiloh pg may not be available.

Next man up.

I seen the pic, definitely not photoshopped. He shouldn't have taken the court and I have even less respect for this school now. Guess all they care about is winning. The kids acted like spoiled brats on the court and on the bench. They should of received a T when the one individual hit his fist on the scorers table. Not acceptable! :(

Side note, Grafton fans should be embarrassed. Yes, the foul count was lopsided in the 2nd half, but you were behind ,so the kids had to be more aggressive. Disappointing to see you haven't changed from last year at State.

Wow did Four Winds look impressive!!! Amazing how much a team can grow from the beginning of the year. Same goes for LLM, those kids have changed immensely. If your going to reward a Coach, my vote is for one of those two. The Kindred vs Four Winds game should be a good one, not sure Kindred will hang this year, but three games in row always takes a toll so I guess we will see. Saturday will definitely have some good basketball for the fans to watch.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:21 am

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:

Next man up.

I seen the pic, definitely not photoshopped. He shouldn't have taken the court and I have even less respect for this school now. Guess all they care about is winning. The kids acted like spoiled brats on the court and on the bench. They should of received a T when the one individual hit his fist on the scorers table. Not acceptable! :(

Side note, Grafton fans should be embarrassed. Yes, the foul count was lopsided in the 2nd half, but you were behind ,so the kids had to be more aggressive. Disappointing to see you haven't changed from last year at State.

Wow did Four Winds look impressive!!! Amazing how much a team can grow from the beginning of the year. Same goes for LLM, those kids have changed immensely. If your going to reward a Coach, my vote is for one of those two. The Kindred vs Four Winds game should be a good one, not sure Kindred will hang this year, but three games in row always takes a toll so I guess we will see. Saturday will definitely have some good basketball for the fans to watch.

And ppl think they will just voluntarily head up to the middle class in a 3 class system. LOLOL
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:42 am

They are a member of the NDHSAA so therefore they have to follow every rule in there, even the transfer rule. There are exceptions to the transfer rule (or hardships) that allow athletes to play early...they seem to get more hardships than other schools (yet Ogbu couldn't get a hardship). There are NO exceptions to the Substance Policy...I believe there to be different punishments though (6 weeks is most common)

https://ndhsaa.com/files/Constitution_and_ByLaws.pdf
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:58 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:

Next man up.

Agree with every bit of this! (No team whined more to the officials than Shiloh yesterday.)
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:07 pm

I will tip my hat to Minot. They made this a much closer game than I thought it would be.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:20 pm

Any review on the improvements made to the Dome a couple of years ago?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:58 pm

Flip wrote:Any review on the improvements made to the Dome a couple of years ago?

Opening up the arena makes a huge improvement and really allows the foot traffic to flow better. I’m overall very happy with the MSU dome. I do think that a D2 university should have scoreboards that show the number of timeouts remaining.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby lennylive » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:53 am

I was not expection BR to hang with Kindred as close as they did. That was a fun game to watch. Game 2 was also surprising, although I knew LLM was capable of hanging with 4WM, as they beat 3 teams that were in the polls at sometime in during the season(Enderlin,Ellendale,Dunseith).
Kudos to both of those teams for making the night games fun to watch.

both 3rd place and championship games will be exciting to watch...good luck to all !

I had a few wrong on my 1st night of predictions...Shiloh almost pulled it off..I had the point spread almost right. LLM almost lost that game ... they got luck...both those games were very fun to watch.

As far as the DUNK prediction...I think it stands at 10?...Kindred is at 8 I believe...so I may have that prediction right.
Im going to root for LLM and Kindred tonight...Lets go Boys !
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby stir the pot » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:23 am

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:

Next man up.

Not sticking for him. Don't know if said player played or not. If there is no police report it didn't happen. Photo could be from any time. Hear say doesn't have much weight.
Play on and struggle it up like the rest of the teams in region 5. The deck is stack ed against them from the start.
stir the pot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:26 am

Shiloh student is still playing because the family is going to challenge the accusations in court. The kid is a senior so after the B nobody is going to care.

I agree with the renovations to the Dome, vary nice improvements. I think it's a great facility for the B, just wish Minot was a little more central to the state. The city of Minot seams to improve/grow each year with more restaurants to choose from and hotels. I actually use to think Minot was a dump so it must be growing on me.

Saturday predictions:
Cheering for Kindred, not sure they can pull this one off, should be a great game.
LLM
Shiloh
Bowman, after watching Stanley and Bowman they are definitely the better team.

I think Shiloh stole one from Bowman. Between a carry call by the official (Shiloh guard carries the ball every possession :roll: ) and Bowman had a foul to give at the end of regulation they should of used, probably cost them the game. We should probably get use to seeing Bowman because they are young and I have a feeling they are coming back for more.
Last edited by GOPACKGO!!! on Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:13 pm

stir the pot wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:

Next man up.

Not sticking for him. Don't know if said player played or not. If there is no police report it didn't happen. Photo could be from any time. Hear say doesn't have much weight.
Play on and struggle it up like the rest of the teams in region 5. The deck is stack ed against them from the start.

This isn’t true
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BelfieldBantams » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:29 pm

One thing that has irritated me with this tournament is lack of planning for seating. Obviously you are not going to be able to predict the state championship game teams but the #1 and 2 seeds should be on opposite sides of the gym. Instead they are in the same quarter of the gym. That’s beyond stupid.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:20 pm

After watching 2 days of this tourney...and watching till the end of the 3rd of the 3rd place game I am going to say this.

The last 4 teams are where they are because of this
1.. a coach that knows how to coach and how to get the kids to play as a TEAM.
2... the kids play as a team...not as an individual...and surely not for personal stats..they do not rely on 1 person to make it happen..the open guy actual gets the ball and he actually shoots it
3...HUSTLE...on both ends solid defense...and they actually run offensive plays..and do it well
4..HIT THE BOARDS
5...they all have good basketball fundementals( taught to them by the coach mostly but also within their own self drive)..passing, smart shooting, rebounding, and once again teamwork

Congrats to All the players and coaches in the 2021-22 season
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:36 pm

Theilges should be coach of the year...hands down

Congrats on the 3rd place LLM Loboes !
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:32 pm

I'm picking Kindred. Too physical for FW's IMO.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:35 pm

lennylive wrote:After watching 2 days of this tourney...and watching till the end of the 3rd of the 3rd place game I am going to say this.

The last 4 teams are where they are because of this
1.. a coach that knows how to coach and how to get the kids to play as a TEAM.
2... the kids play as a team...not as an individual...and surely not for personal stats..they do not rely on 1 person to make it happen..the open guy actual gets the ball and he actually shoots it
3...HUSTLE...on both ends solid defense...and they actually run offensive plays..and do it well
4..HIT THE BOARDS
5...they all have good basketball fundementals( taught to them by the coach mostly but also within their own self drive)..passing, smart shooting, rebounding, and once again teamwork

Congrats to All the players and coaches in the 2021-22 season

I could not agree more. These are real teams, they support each other, believe in each other and play for each other. That is a culture thing in those programs. I have been impressed with the defense of these 4 teams all tournament.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:36 pm

Any one see or know what happened to Olson?

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby leroybla » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:54 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Any one see or know what happened to Olson?
He's got a condition called POTS. That may be what happened to him.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby leroybla » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:55 pm

Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) is a condition that affects blood flow. POTS causes the development of symptoms -- usually lightheadedness, fainting and an uncomfortable, rapid increase in heartbeat -- that come on when standing up from a reclining position and relieved by sitting or lying back down.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:10 pm

leroybla wrote:Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS) is a condition that affects blood flow. POTS causes the development of symptoms -- usually lightheadedness, fainting and an uncomfortable, rapid increase in heartbeat -- that come on when standing up from a reclining position and relieved by sitting or lying back down.

Good to know...never seen it come into play in a game, so it caught me off-guard on what happened. Incredible athlete to be dealing with a condition like this...all-around great athlete anyways!

Olson & McQuillan show great sportsmanship in games...helping players up, very little complaints, handing the ball back to the official, etc. Great role models!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:32 pm

Congrats to the Indians...well Coached, great execution, great defense, and lights out shooting. and WOW ..7 blocks on Kindred ..Deng Deng deserved to get POTG !
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:34 pm

leroybla wrote:Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)

I believe Brock Woehl has this also.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys