Region 1 Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 1 Tournament

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:08 am

lennylive wrote:Congrats to the Kindred Vikings. You will represent Region 1 Well.

Sorry Lenny! Probably be a few years before the Eagles revisit this game. I was hoping for a closer game but between the fouls and cold shooting it didn't happen.

3rd place game
Congrats to Oak Grove for playing all their kids and not worrying about winning a 3rd place trophy, that could of been a very tight contest.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:42 am

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:
lennylive wrote:Congrats to the Kindred Vikings. You will represent Region 1 Well.

Sorry Lenny! Probably be a few years before the Eagles revisit this game. I was hoping for a closer game but between the fouls and cold shooting it didn't happen.

3rd place game
Congrats to Oak Grove for playing all their kids and not worrying about winning a 3rd place trophy, that could of been a very tight contest.

Yes Kudos to Card for playing his bench,..
I anticipated a close game..but like I had predicted before the game, if Enderlin got in foul trouble and turned the ball over more than 12 times they wouldnt win. Way to many self inflicted turnovers besides the ones Kindred created, and foolish fouls. Eagles just didnt have enough gas and I think Kindred played with more drive, Kindred has to much bench so they always had fresh legs ..they never have to worry about foul trouble and they do not rely on 1 player. It is a TEAM effort(and a Great Coach) and that is why they are going back to state. I dont see anyone stopping them but maybe 4WM. Region 1 is/has been the toughest Region to get out of ...hands down in the past 5 years(along with R2) The 3 class system needs to be implemented in order for anyone but CC,Kindred,OG and NC to get to state. I dont see anyone but those 4 representing Region 1 in the next 5 years. Enderlin returns 3 players next year, but if they get to 500 I will be surprised.. but I could be wrong, just that the JV didnt win many and they had 2 seniors on that squad. Kindred will reload next year, and possibly represent Region 1 next year again. CC and possibly NC and SC will be in the mix, cant count OG out due to open enrollment for a private..Card always seems to be in the top 5.
Last edited by lennylive on Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:50 am

it is a shame that those two teams had to meet in regional format and not in a state Semi or final. Two teams with some above the rim talent. IF you did not grab the rebound at or above the rim you were not going to get it. Kindreds length and athletes were to much of Enderlin.
The Eagles did play through Joe in the post and they did not get the victory so that tells me I am a arm chair coach that does not know what he is talking about. For years I have been saying, Get the kid inside and you will kill everyone... Well... I was wrong. Again.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby leroybla » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:16 am

I think CC was Kindred-Lite. Younger, smaller but easily as athletic and deep. Hence, the close semi-final game.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:18 am

lennylive wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:

3rd place game

Yes Kudos to Card for playing his bench,..
I anticipated a close game..but like I had predicted before the game, if Enderlin got in foul trouble and turned the ball over more than 12 times they wouldnt win. Way to many self inflicted turnovers besides the ones Kindred created, and foolish fouls. Eagles just didnt have enough gas and I think Kindred played with more drive, Kindred has to much bench so they always had fresh legs ..they never have to worry about foul trouble and they do not rely on 1 player. It is a TEAM effort(and a Great Coach) and that is why they are going back to state. I dont see anyone stopping them but maybe 4WM. Region 1 is/has been the toughest Region to get out of ...hands down in the past 5 years(along with R2) The 3 class system needs to be implemented in order for anyone but CC,Kindred,OG and NC to get to state. I dont see anyone but those 4 representing Region 1 in the next 5 years. Enderlin returns 3 players next year, but if they get to 500 I will be surprised.. but I could be wrong, just that the JV didnt win many and they had 2 seniors on that squad. Kindred will reload next year, and possibly represent Region 1 next year again. CC and possibly NC and NS will be in the mix, cant count OG out due to open enrollment for a private..Card always seems to be in the top 5.

Lenny - that is about the best summary of last nights game. I watched it and i think you pretty much nailed it.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Vikings2009 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:01 pm

maddog1971 wrote:it is a shame that those two teams had to meet in regional format and not in a state Semi or final. Two teams with some above the rim talent. IF you did not grab the rebound at or above the rim you were not going to get it. Kindreds length and athletes were to much of Enderlin.
The Eagles did play through Joe in the post and they did not get the victory so that tells me I am a arm chair coach that does not know what he is talking about. For years I have been saying, Get the kid inside and you will kill everyone... Well... I was wrong. Again.

Enderlin needed to spend more time in the paint and be more physical but never did enough of it in the last two years I watched. Kindred much more physical team than Enderlin again this year.
Vikings2009
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lennylive » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:07 pm

Vikings2009 wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:it is a shame that those two teams had to meet in regional format and not in a state Semi or final. Two teams with some above the rim talent. IF you did not grab the rebound at or above the rim you were not going to get it. Kindreds length and athletes were to much of Enderlin.

Enderlin needed to spend more time in the paint and be more physical but never did enough of it in the last two years I watched. Kindred much more physical team than Enderlin again this year.

Kindred can afford to be physical, they have the bench that allows it.I doubt There will be a team at state that can play with them, with the exception of 4WM..and if Kindred plays them M2M I say kindred beats them by 15. I guess we find out next week. Im glad LLM made it to state. Glad to see DT get eliminated and someone else represent that Region. Perhaps velva can pull off the upset tonight.
Last edited by lennylive on Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:28 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:

3rd place game

He's done this for years in the 3rd Place game...tries to get everyone in...give the seniors one last go together. It's such a meaningless game, just a $$ grab by the NDHSAA, but he does it right. I remember one year he had the whole bench in by halftime.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Vikings2009 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:49 pm

lennylive wrote:
Vikings2009 wrote:

Kindred can afford to be physical, they have the bench that allows it.I doubt There wont be a team at state that can play with them, with the exception of 4WM..and if Kindred plays them M2M I say kindred beats them by 15. I guess we find out next week. Im glad LLM made it to state. Glad to see DT get eliminated and someone else represent that Region. Perhaps velva can pull off the upset tonight.

If they take care of the ball I believe kindred will win this year more easily.
Vikings2009
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingman » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:50 pm

5 Kindred dunks on Enderlin:

https://youtu.be/kXbOmvI-55k
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby senditin » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:30 pm

A team with 2 D1 players, a Juco PG and a junior who will probably play cbb not making it 2 state is easily the biggest underachieving team I have seen, ever.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:03 pm

vikingman wrote:5 Kindred dunks on Enderlin:

https://youtu.be/kXbOmvI-55k

Dunks were really nice. Trash talking and gesturing at the end of them all.......not so much...kind of ruined it for me...
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:07 pm

Any idea how many dunks they had on the season?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:09 am

Did Olson or Peraza get college offers?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys