3 Class System for Basketball

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 3 Class System for Basketball

Postby tmd33643 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:12 pm

Flip, this is actually the first time I have been on this website in a couple years. Someone told me you had quoted me in one of the threads recently so I decided to come on here and take a look. Was surprised that Watford City has been mentioned. I've been entertained reading some posts and was happy to see Schwab's proposal.
tmd33643
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classB4ever » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:26 pm

tmd33643 wrote:Flip, this is actually the first time I have been on this website in a couple years. Someone told me you had quoted me in one of the threads recently so I decided to come on here and take a look. Was surprised that Watford City has been mentioned. I've been entertained reading some posts and was happy to see Schwab's proposal.

Thanks for your input Coach. This has been a very important debate on this website for many years. First and foremost for me is participation and what's been happening. Once it starts sliding in the wrong direction, it takes many years to reverse the trend. It becomes generational because the kids who decide not to participate now, will certainly have no reason to spend the time teaching their kids when becoming parents. 2nd, bringing back parity not only for the student athletes but as you mentioned for the fans, parents and officials is important. If something doesn't happen very soon, it will be too late. Again, thanks for speaking up.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:37 pm

I have heard rumors that Valley City has put out a poll to AD's (on their list serve) about a 3 class system. No idea what questions are on it or if it is linked to Sheyenne's proposal or not.
Class B is trending towards the Class A tournament as it becomes pretty much the same 3 or 4 teams with a chance to win it every year.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:54 pm

Sportsrube wrote:I have heard rumors that Valley City has put out a poll to AD's (on their list serve) about a 3 class system. No idea what questions are on it or if it is linked to Sheyenne's proposal or not.
Class B is trending towards the Class A tournament as it becomes pretty much the same 3 or 4 teams with a chance to win it every year.

Valley City will be under 325 soon and they don't feel it's right for them to be playing the Maple Rivers and Barnes County Norths...an administrator had mentioned this a few weeks ago.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:25 pm

scc wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:I have heard rumors that Valley City has put out a poll to AD's (on their list serve) about a 3 class system. No idea what questions are on it or if it is linked to Sheyenne's proposal or not.

Valley City will be under 325 soon and they don't feel it's right for them to be playing the Maple Rivers and Barnes County Norths...an administrator had mentioned this a few weeks ago.

Valley City wasn't beating up all the Class B schools the one year they got to drop down.

They were very much in contention for a Region title that year, however, after being nowhere close in the A ranks.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:49 pm

scc wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:

Valley City wasn't beating up all the Class B schools the one year they got to drop down.

True but we know Region 3 is against them being there from that one year...I'm sure R1 would take them but a middle class would fix their concern and probably the concern of many R3 schools

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:10 am

Even when the private schools are down... They still have 2 schools make it to the State Tournament. Again that is why we need a 3rd class.
Every year the big B's are always in the mix to make it to state. After this year.... Enderlin will not have a chance for at least 4 years maybe longer.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:42 am

Region 6 was a down year; Region 5 - if friesz hadn't gotten hurt, I think we wouldn't have seen Shiloh.

Big B's of Kindred, Grafton, FW-M, Stanley (and borderline Bowman County). L-LM is the only true small school in state this year.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sparty48 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:01 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Region 6 was a down year; Region 5 - if friesz hadn't gotten hurt, I think we wouldn't have seen Shiloh.

Big B's of Kindred, Grafton, FW-M, Stanley (and borderline Bowman County). L-LM is the only true small school in state this year.

As a region 1 fan, If kindred wins state again, IMO they need to go up. Winning state Football, GBB and potential BBB how can any small school compete. Enderlin had 2 7’0s an 2 great role players, which it should have been there year but Kindred is at least 2 times bigger and way deeper there was no chance. Same thing with Central Cass, Northern Cass you can toss in Oak Grove to cause they basically get there picks from Fargo.

How is Hankinson, Tri-State, Richland, Maple River, Enderlin who loses everything and basically starts over supposed to be effective?
Sparty48
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:30 pm

How is Hankinson, Tri-State, Richland, Maple River, Enderlin who loses everything and basically starts over supposed to be effective?

Here's your answer. Give the weaker teams a head start, like 10-20 points, just like in bowling or golf, like a handicap. handicap). (tongue firmly in cheek.)
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:05 pm

Sparty48 wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:Region 6 was a down year; Region 5 - if friesz hadn't gotten hurt, I think we wouldn't have seen Shiloh.

As a region 1 fan, If kindred wins state again, IMO they need to go up. Winning state Football, GBB and potential BBB how can any small school compete. Enderlin had 2 7’0s an 2 great role players, which it should have been there year but Kindred is at least 2 times bigger and way deeper there was no chance. Same thing with Central Cass, Northern Cass you can toss in Oak Grove to cause they basically get there picks from Fargo.

How quick you forget. Richland is two years removed from being the power house in Region 1 for 3 years.
I looked at the banners in Hankinson gym this year.... and I had no idea how successful that program has been over the years.
BUT... you are 100% correct... Every year Kindred, Oak Grove, Central Cass or Northern Cass are at the top of the region and yes... WE Need a 3rd class. 7 out of 8 teams in state need to be in the middle class.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys