Since You Don't Want My Three-Class Ideas......

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Since You Don't Want My Three-Class Ideas......

Postby heimer » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:02 pm

Here's a new take for you:

Flopping is embellishment. Embellishment is cheating, and cheating is a flagrant technical.

If you flop, you're disqualified. If another member of the team flops later, he's disqualified and the coach is disqualified also.

Play the dang game right.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Re: Since You Don't Want My Three-Class Ideas......

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:36 pm

Interesting thought. My gut reaction is that flopping is a judgement of the official and I don't know if throwing a player or a coach out of a game on the judgement of an official would be something the officials would want put on their shoulders. I do think some teams and some players definitely flop, if it is being coached I have no idea. I would much rather see officials hand out a technical for the constant whining and yapping by some coaches and some players.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:48 pm

heimer wrote:Here's a new take for you:

Flopping is embellishment. Embellishment is cheating, and cheating is a flagrant technical.

If you flop, you're disqualified. If another member of the team flops later, he's disqualified and the coach is disqualified also.

I agree with this take. This wouldn't need to be the case if they would hand out technicals for flopping like they should.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:52 pm

The Schwab wrote:
heimer wrote:Here's a new take for you:

I agree with this take. This wouldn't need to be the case if they would hand out technicals for flopping like they should.

I love when some officials will just call the blocking foul and then wait for the overreaction by the player because they didn't 'get the call' and then hand out the technical. I like when it is done this way...because in the end the offensive team is likely gaining more of an advantage for the flop with FTs.

Problem is not every official does this and new officials tend to be afraid to call their first Techs for things like this.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:04 pm

I would like to see it become a T like in college. For right now, I like when the officials ignore the flop. A team couldn't stop a post player a couple weeks back and went from fouling the person in the first half to flopping in the 2nd half. Basically doing everything they could to draw fouls on this player so they would be eliminated from play. It definitely looked to be coached. But the officials ignored it and the fans groaned. Two thumbs up to those officials for seeing what was going on.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys