General Boys BB thread

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: General Boys BB thread

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:57 pm

maddog1971 wrote:I don't know if these links work but the dunks from the past week... WOW. The game is different in this state right now with kids living above the rim.

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GrCmD

http://www.hudl.com/v/2GrCmD

The links work, good stuff, thanks for sharing.

I don't like the highlight reels put on YouTube or varies sites that portray individual high school athletes like super stars. If you watch any game or group of games there are 3x the folly's that can be highlighted just the same for these same individuals. I know times are changing, but if we are going to have a highlight reel, lets include all the kids.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:52 pm

Well I could do some team Highlighst from Hudl. But I think that would go down hill in a hurry. The Hudl dunk video's I always enjoy.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:23 am

Congrats to Joe Hurlburt on becoming the ND All-time rebounding leader passing the record set in 1972 by Dean Streyle- 1339 rebounds. Great win for the Eagles last night also.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:50 am

lennylive wrote:Congrats to Joe Hurlburt on becoming the ND All-time rebounding leader passing the record set in 1972 by Dean Streyle- 1339 rebounds. Great win for the Eagles last night also.

Wonderful accomplishment - Watching that game last night, Enderlin dominated the game on the Offensive and Defensive side. There has been much said about how they would perform on a big court over a 3 game period. All I can say is last night, that court seemed pretty small as Enderlin's length and athleticism shined bright. I've been a big naysayer on Enderlin and how they are coached but if they play like they did last night, they should walk through the Region 1 tourney with only Kindred as a serious threat. OG will be better next year but they were boys amongst men last night. Enderlin better enjoy this run this year as it will be a long time before they are contenders in their respective Region in the near future. If they don't make it through to the State Tourney this year, one will only need to look at the coach as the reason.
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby classB4ever » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:16 am

lennylive wrote:Congrats to Joe Hurlburt on becoming the ND All-time rebounding leader passing the record set in 1972 by Dean Streyle- 1339 rebounds. Great win for the Eagles last night also.

Congratulations to Joe, that is one heck of an accomplishment.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:11 pm

ND Basketball Fan wrote:

If they don't make it through to the State Tourney this year, one will only need to look at the coach as the reason.

I would say people need to look at what the coach is doing as well. He was able to keep 2 power conference recruits on a high school basketball team in Enderlin, North Dakota, when those type of players are commonly leaving their hometown after their sophomore or junior season. Good job Coach Kraft in creating a challenging schedule and environment where top level players still feel they can grow without needing to transfer to a bigger market.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoophoophoop » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:42 pm

balla45 wrote:
ND Basketball Fan wrote:

If they don't make it through to the State Tourney this year, one will only need to look at the coach as the reason.

I would say people need to look at what the coach is doing as well. He was able to keep 2 power conference recruits on a high school basketball team in Enderlin, North Dakota, when those type of players are commonly leaving their hometown after their sophomore or junior season. Good job Coach Kraft in creating a challenging schedule and environment where top level players still feel they can grow without needing to transfer to a bigger market.

Are you their agent or trying to be, my god stop putting them on a pedestal, they are good ball players in North Dakota, congrats to Joe though for the record!!! The Dixon kid signed with Lake region, no one brings that up, potentially 4 kids could play college ball, ya so its the coaches fault!!!!!! Its called learning to play with your team mates and stop worrying about college, these are the years they are going to remember not college, win or lose!!!!!!!!!!!
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:57 pm

hoophoophoop wrote:
balla45 wrote:
ND Basketball Fan wrote:

Are you their agent or trying to be, my god stop putting them on a pedestal, they are good ball players in North Dakota, congrats to Joe though for the record!!! The Dixon kid signed with Lake region, no one brings that up, potentially 4 kids could play college ball, ya so its the coaches fault!!!!!! Its called learning to play with your team mates and stop worrying about college, these are the years they are going to remember not college, win or lose!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not their agent, nor am I trying to be. I do take issue with people taking shots, however subtle, at a coach who has won almost every game his team has played in North Dakota.

I do not think I put anyone on a pedestal in my post. I made an observation that Coach Kraft was able to keep 2 power conference recruits on a high school team in Enderlin, North Dakota. I think it is impressive that he was able to do that.

Why is it the fault of the coach if his team loses a game, but not the fault of the coach is his team wins a game? I do not understand this at all. My interpretation of the comment that I quoted is that if the team wins, it is because the players are good, but if the team loses, it is because the coach is not doing a good job. That seems a bit unfair to me.

I do not understand the comment about worrying about college.

Alijah Dixson signed 2 days ago. It is not shocking that was not mentioned on this forum. Gus Hurlburt made his college announcement 6 days ago. I did not notice that was mentioned on this forum, but it could have been.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:20 pm

Quite a finish in Cando as they pull it out over Dunseith in a storm make-up game. NS was down by 4 with 25 seconds to play but scored the next 6.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:27 pm

vikingman wrote:Quite a finish in Cando as they pull it out over Dunseith in a storm make-up game. NS was down by 4 with 25 seconds to play but scored the next 6.

That must have been last night...never got a score on that.

Enderlin def. Dunseith tonight 109-80; Eagles BIG 3 went for 90 points
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:37 pm

I had hoped to see the Enderlin-Dunseith matchup in Valley City to see some dunks. There must have been a lot tonight.

was the Enderlin-Dunseith game streamed? I couldn't find it. Two real good games in a row for Enderlin.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:04 pm

vikingman wrote:I had hoped to see the Enderlin-Dunseith matchup in Valley City to see some dunks. There must have been a lot tonight.

was the Enderlin-Dunseith game streamed? I couldn't find it. Two real good games in a row for Enderlin.

Check out Dunseith Public School on Facebook; 1st & 2nd Half were there

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:26 am

Taking a kids legs out should be a intentional foul with two shots and the ball. There is nothing cheaper than someone cutting a kids legs out and if the coaches is telling his kids to do it I hope he/she gets butt cancer.
IT is just a game and if you have to try a hurt a high school kid so you can win a high school basketball game.....
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby BasketballMind » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:34 am

maddog1971 wrote:Taking a kids legs out should be a intentional foul with two shots and the ball. There is nothing cheaper than someone cutting a kids legs out and if the coaches is telling his kids to do it I hope he/she gets butt cancer.
IT is just a game and if you have to try a hurt a high school kid so you can win a high school basketball game.....

Is this in reference to something that happened recently? I'm guessing being a Kindred fan you see that often with how much they play above the rim.

Also... Butt Cancer?! lol
BasketballMind
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:25 pm

I've seen it happen a few times to Enderlin this season.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:27 pm

I don't want to get into an argument on games. I know anytime you can jump you always have some coach on some team that just because he could not tells his players to get under their legs.... Really... let's send kids to the ER and a weekend stay in the hospital just because never blessed you with the ability to jump. AND the officials that let it go without a flagrant foul call.

BUT yes... BUTT Cancer.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:39 pm

Congrats to Joe Hurlburt on passing the 2000 point threshold !!!
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:07 am

So if Kindred beats Enderlin, who would get the #1 seed in Region 1 (assuming CC, Kindred and Enderlin all end up with 1 loss)?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:42 am

vikingman wrote:So if Kindred beats Enderlin, who would get the #1 seed in Region 1 (assuming CC, Kindred and Enderlin all end up with 1 loss)?

Would be very interesting if CC was #1 and Kindred and Enderlin ended up #2 and #3. Would make for a very intriguing semifinal game.
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:44 am

ND Basketball Fan wrote:
vikingman wrote:So if Kindred beats Enderlin, who would get the #1 seed in Region 1 (assuming CC, Kindred and Enderlin all end up with 1 loss)?

Would be very interesting if CC was #1 and Kindred and Enderlin ended up #2 and #3. Would make for a very intriguing semifinal game.

I think that semi-final match-up is going to be great no matter which of those 2 teams are playing. CC-Enderlin, CC-Kindred or Kindred-Enderlin. That and the Regional championship game will probably be better than a lot of games in the state tournament
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:59 am

Enderlin beat CC by 9
CC beat Kindred by 9

So right now CC sits at 0, K at -9 and E at +9

Kindred must win by 10 to take #1 seed then E would be #2
E would be #1 at 9 or less win by K…then CC takes #2

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:35 am

WalkingStick wrote:Enderlin beat CC by 9
CC beat Kindred by 9

So right now CC sits at 0, K at -9 and E at +9

Kindred must win by 10 to take #1 seed then E would be #2
E would be #1 at 9 or less win by K…then CC takes #2

What would CC have to do to get the #1 seed?
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vikingman » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:50 am

doesn't look possible if it's based on point spread. Giving up that last basket could be costly for CC.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:58 am

Kindred beats Enderlin by 9 and then CC wins the coin flips. That is my guess.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:09 pm

Flip wrote:Kindred beats Enderlin by 9 and then CC wins the coin flips. That is my guess.

That'd be the only way.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys