General Boys BB thread

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: General Boys BB thread

Postby canoworms » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:58 pm

Take a 3rd party to a game that shiloh is playing some time. Be better if they don't really care about BB girls or boys. Then ask their opinion of the game (players and fans). I will bet they will feel the same way GOPACKGO feel about shiloh.
canoworms
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:40 pm

canoworms wrote:Take a 3rd party to a game that shiloh is playing some time. Be better if they don't really care about BB girls or boys. Then ask their opinion of the game (players and fans). I will bet they will feel the same way GOPACKGO feel about shiloh.

You're going at the wrong person for this as I support a few private schools...but notice that I would like to see someone new go in R5. I've also been pro-3 classes for basketball for several years now.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:52 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:Shiloh Shiloh Shiloh....puke. Nothing about them says Class B Basketball, oh we play ten players, doesn't everyone? Puke! Would LOVE to NOT see them at state. As you can tell, I'm not hiding my feeling on this one. Next!

Shiloh winning is good for 3 classes. I want to see Shiloh win. I hope they win it all.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby chief45 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:03 am

Flip wrote:
GOPACKGO!!! wrote:Shiloh Shiloh Shiloh....puke. Nothing about them says Class B Basketball, oh we play ten players, doesn't everyone? Puke! Would LOVE to NOT see them at state. As you can tell, I'm not hiding my feeling on this one. Next!

Shiloh winning is good for 3 classes. I want to see Shiloh win. I hope they win it all.

Not saying they would have won if they stayed healthy, but sounds like the key player that went down if the FWM game could be out, or at least very limited moving forward. Which will definitely hamper their chances moving forward.
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:05 pm

When Shiloh plays the better teams in the State they were not even close. And they loose the big guy... wow.... If they make it to State they will get killed. By the way I do think Shiloh is better this year than last.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby chief45 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:49 pm

maddog1971 wrote:When Shiloh plays the better teams in the State they were not even close..

I'll disagree with this, Shiloh was ahead of FWM late in the third without said big, only to let the game away late which was their worst loss of the year. Their other two losses were VS Kindred & Bishop Ryan who are both quality opponents and looking at scores they were in both games into the second half. Shiloh is by no means the favorite, but to say they don't compete is just not true.
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:33 pm

#2 Casselton had a close call tonight..Sargent Co gave them all they wanted. 58-52 Waaaay to many TO by the Bulldogs.
#3 Kindred handles the Grovers by 18. but didnt really pull away till the 4th
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:50 am

I watched the Central Cass vs. North Border game on line Saturday. It was my first chance to watch Central Cass. I was impressed with the Central Cass post. He does a good job down low, showing patience, and finished well. He also his a big 3 when it was a one point game in the fourth quarter.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby classB4ever » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:02 pm

d_fense wrote:I watched the Central Cass vs. North Border game on line Saturday. It was my first chance to watch Central Cass. I was impressed with the Central Cass post. He does a good job down low, showing patience, and finished well. He also his a big 3 when it was a one point game in the fourth quarter.

Thought maybe CC was a year away with Enderlin and Kindred in their region. But think they will be a challenger this year and very strong the next 2.
classB4ever
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:00 pm

Enderlin people -- what are the chances there will be any available seating tonight for someone who shows up at about 7 pm?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby wnrwnrckndnr » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:30 pm

vikingman wrote:Enderlin people -- what are the chances there will be any available seating tonight for someone who shows up at about 7 pm?

I would say it will be tough as the lisbon gymnastics are performing at varsity half time as well as the game itself drawing a large crowd
wnrwnrckndnr
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:21 pm

Monday - Region 1 Schedule
Kindred @ Enderlin
Northern Cass @ Oak Grove
Maple River @ Wyndmere-Lidgerwood

All have seeding implications - Top, Middle & Bottom

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:46 pm

wnrwnrckndnr wrote:
vikingman wrote:Enderlin people -- what are the chances there will be any available seating tonight for someone who shows up at about 7 pm?

I would say it will be tough as the lisbon gymnastics are performing at varsity half time as well as the game itself drawing a large crowd

I agree... its gonna be tough to get a seat before 7 with gymnastics halftime show. after the half perhaps
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:43 pm

is anyone able to see the District 8 championship stream on NFHS (North Star v Dunseith)? It just locks up on my computers (then again it's NFHS, so...)
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:09 pm

they got it fixed just before halftime.

and now back to locking up. That's ok. It's just a 1-point game midway through the 4th quarter for the District championship. Not that anyone would be interested in seeing the ending.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:48 pm

There must have been some point spread thing for the Enderlin/Kindred game. Looked like Enderlin was trying to play 4D chess. Plus they seemed kind of happy to lose.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby lennylive » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:13 pm

Flip wrote:There must have been some point spread thing for the Enderlin/Kindred game. Looked like Enderlin was trying to play 4D chess. Plus they seemed kind of happy to lose.

Eagles had the #1 seed going into the game..Kindred had to beat them by 9 pts or more...If they wouldve won by that spread..It wouldve been a 3 way tie between Enderlin...Kindred and CC...coin flip wouldve determined the seed...or so I was told...Eagles are 1 seed...Kindred is 2...CC is 3
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby birthday » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:37 pm

Central cass should be the 2 seed because the first tie breaker is point differential, then when you break the tie it goes head to head with the remaining 2 teams
birthday
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:43 pm

Birthday, you are correct in your order, Enderlin, Central Cass, and then Kindred.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:46 pm

d_fense wrote:Birthday, you are correct in your order, Enderlin, Central Cass, and then Kindred.

I stand corrected..my bad..CC is 2...Kindred is 3..that is fresh off of twitter..thanks Birthday
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby vikingman » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:50 pm

I don't consider the difference of being 2 or 3 makes much difference in this case. Being #1 instead of #2 makes a BIG difference.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:37 pm

Final R1 Seeds
1 Enderlin
2 CC
3 Kindred
4 Sargent County
5 Oak Grove
6 NC
7 Lisbon
8 Hankinson
9 Richland
10 Tri-State
11 Maple River
12 W-L

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:18 am

It was a fun game to watch. Two teams with lots of talent. Lots of size and they play above the rim. Kindred needs to make os free throws. They are the 3 seed because they can not make a free throw. Looks like Kindred is healthy right now and when they are healthy... they are really hard to beat.

First time in my life I have seen a team get beat and go off the court holding up 1 finger celebrating they are the one seed...
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:32 am

I'd never seen it before this year. Now I've seen it twice in a couple of weeks.

South Border beating MPB has to be a decent sized upset last night.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:49 am

The Schwab wrote:I'd never seen it before this year. Now I've seen it twice in a couple of weeks.

South Border beating MPB has to be a decent sized upset last night.

The first time MPB beat South Border, one of SB's best players was sick. (He played, but didn't do anything) Last night he was healthy and he was the difference maker. This will be the first time South Border's Boys have played in a District Championship game I believe.
Always nice to see new teams making a run!
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys