General Boys BB thread

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: General Boys BB thread

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:46 pm

I'm not sure I agree with DT being in RV...but they could Receive a Vote...I think HCV might receive a vote again here soon.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:28 pm

Rank Team Record Points Last Week
1 Four Winds-Minnewaukan
2 Central Cass
3 Powers Lake
4 Kindred
5 Enderlin
6 Ellendale
7 North Border
8 LaMoure-Litchville-Marion
TIE Shiloh Christian
10 Flasher

Due to being Undefeated PL gets put up to 3rd?...lol . I for 1 know that if they had the schedule that Enderlin or Kindred has , they would probably have at least 5 losses. Thats why the polls will never have it right. Thats not a dig at towards a Good PL team, it's just facts.
Eagles only 2 loses in ND comes to #1 4WM and #8 LaMoure (in which they shot 30% and they beat LLM by 21 2 weeks prior, so call that a wash). I can see CC getting put up to 2nd after their 2 big wins last week.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby chief45 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:22 am

WalkingStick wrote:I'm not sure I agree with DT being in RV...but they could Receive a Vote...I think HCV might receive a vote again here soon.

That was actually my mistake, I forgot that Trinity recently lost to Bishop Ryan. Not suprised they were not receiving votes. I considered putting HCV in the RV because they are playing really well as of late.

1 Four Winds-Minnewaukan
2 Central Cass
3 Powers Lake
4 Kindred
5 Enderlin
6 Ellendale
7 North Border
8 LaMoure-Litchville-Marion
TIE Shiloh Christian
10 Flasher
RV - Beulah, Thompson

Main thing I disagree with on the states recent Poll is Powers Lake being #3, other than that it looks pretty good. Could switch Beulah & Flasher if you wanted, but its good as is.

I don't want to sound like a Powers Lake hater, because I am far from it, I'm hoping they make it to state. Credit to them for remaining undefeated. I just don't see them as a top 5 team let alone top 3. They have Enget, & he is really good, but for the sake of argument, I would take a RV Beulah Team over #3 Powers Lake 10 out of 10 times. If Beulah Played the PL schedule they would be easily undefeated.
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:05 am

One could make an argument that North Border doesn't have the strength of schedule (right now) to be ranked in the top 10 either.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby chief45 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:28 am

The Schwab wrote:One could make an argument that North Border doesn't have the strength of schedule (right now) to be ranked in the top 10 either.

As of right now I agree. They will be tested in these final 2 weeks with two top 10 Matchups as well as a HCV matchup. Should have a better feel on North Border by the end of the Regular season.
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:53 am

The Schwab wrote:One could make an argument that North Border doesn't have the strength of schedule (right now) to be ranked in the top 10 either.

Huge one tomorrow night to decide region standings with HCV going to North Border. Not sure I have a great feel for how this game will go as both teams have been up and down (NB's record doesn't show that because of who they have played though, they have been able to win against lesser opponents even when not playing well). HCV has a huge height advantage, way more depth, and I think will dominate the boards. North Border plays at home, has better guard play, and shoots from outside better. Should be a really good game and I think comes down to how HCV shoots the ball and what they get for guard play. I'm going to take HCV in a close one that comes down to the last possession or two - HCV's depth wins out. Final score 52 to 50.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby chief45 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:30 am

Late Season Favorites for Each Region

Region 1 - Enderlin, Kindred, Central Cass
Region 2 - Thompson, North Border, HCV
Region 3 - Ellendale, LLM, MPB
Region 4 - FWM
Region 5 - Shiloh, Wilton-Wing, Flasher (If Friesz is back healthy)
Region 6 - Surrey, Bishop Ryan, Rugby, Our Redeemers
Region 7 - Beulah, Dickinson Trinity, Hazen
Region 8 - Powers Lake, Stanley, Trenton
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby d_fense » Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:51 pm

defensewinsgames wrote:

Huge one tomorrow night to decide region standings with HCV going to North Border. Not sure I have a great feel for how this game will go as both teams have been up and down (NB's record doesn't show that because of who they have played though, they have been able to win against lesser opponents even when not playing well). HCV has a huge height advantage, way more depth, and I think will dominate the boards. North Border plays at home, has better guard play, and shoots from outside better. Should be a really good game and I think comes down to how HCV shoots the ball and what they get for guard play. I'm going to take HCV in a close one that comes down to the last possession or two - HCV's depth wins out. Final score 52 to 50.

HCV kept it close for the first half. But NB pushed the lead to 23 early in the fourth. One thing that some posters have written about is some teams lack of bench players. Not that they don't have bodies on the bench, but the skill/talent levels drop off significantly when teams go to their bench. There is no question that it can hurt if a team has an injury or is in foul trouble. I have always been of the belief that for the most part depth isn't a big deal. In class B basketball our games are only 32 minutes. It has a 10 minute stoppage half way through, up to 12 time outs (with quarter breaks) and a varying number of short breaks for free throws, reporting of fouls, and substitutions. I don't think there are many good excuses for 15-18 year old boys not being able to play hard for a whole game. I only watched this game on line last night. I caught an interview with the NB coach after the game. He talked about how his team has really been slow in coming out typically. And how they tend to play their best in the second halves. I have only seen them play 3 or 4 times, and I would tend to agree with his assessment.
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:47 pm

I have been one referring to depth. I thought it might still be an advantage HCV could use in the one off regular season game but clearly it wasnt. Here is where it gets real important IMO. North Border will be 2 now and HCV three. Which means if I did my math right with all the teams their region tournament will most likely go: Cavalier, HCV, Thompson if there are no upsets. Cavalier is a rivalry game for them and I think will be physical, scrappy, and emotional even if it isn't close. You then show up to play a HCV team the next night. No break. HCV probably played 13 guys the night before, NB maybe 7 or 8....maybe. Can they go 3 games in 4 days with no injury (minor or serious), no fatigue, and no foul trouble? If not depth becomes a huge deal. Time will tell! Real nice win for them this week though!
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:30 am

defensewinsgames wrote:I have been one referring to depth. I thought it might still be an advantage HCV could use in the one off regular season game but clearly it wasnt. Here is where it gets real important IMO. North Border will be 2 now and HCV three. Which means if I did my math right with all the teams their region tournament will most likely go: Cavalier, HCV, Thompson if there are no upsets. Cavalier is a rivalry game for them and I think will be physical, scrappy, and emotional even if it isn't close. You then show up to play a HCV team the next night. No break. HCV probably played 13 guys the night before, NB maybe 7 or 8....maybe. Can they go 3 games in 4 days with no injury (minor or serious), no fatigue, and no foul trouble? If not depth becomes a huge deal. Time will tell! Real nice win for them this week though!

I don’t believe he depth HCV has would be a huge advantage over NB, 4 winds is a team that has some depth that I feel could be a difference. North Star plays 5 guys for about 5 years and it was never a problem.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:21 pm

Big match ups today that will be Close games I think
4WM vs Shiloh
LLM vs NB
and Parshall vs Powers Lake

Could be some upsets in the making. Shiloh has been coming on strong, true test for LLM against NB...and Probably PL only other tough competition besides Stanley and Trenton.

I think ALL home teams will get the Win
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:38 pm

#7 North Border leads #8 LaMoure-LM 61-53 with 2:27 left in game.

If NB holds on to get this road victory...it sets up a very impressive home game vs. #2 Central Cass next week!!

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:44 pm

WalkingStick wrote:#7 North Border leads #8 LaMoure-LM 61-53 with 2:27 left in game.

If NB holds on to get this road victory...it sets up a very impressive home game vs. #2 Central Cass next week!!

North Border won 68-56

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:02 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:#7 North Border leads #8 LaMoure-LM 61-53 with 2:27 left in game.

North Border won 68-56

Looked like LLM ran out of gas in the 4th.. had to many turnovers and shot % went down hill.

NB looked pretty solid, good teamwork, good hustle.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:08 pm

lennylive wrote:Big match ups today that will be Close games I think
4WM vs Shiloh
LLM vs NB

Could be some upsets in the making. Shiloh has been coming on strong, true test for LLM against NB...and Probably PL only other tough competition besides Stanley and Trenton.

.. but if there is an upset I say Shiloh does it. Might not be any teams with an undefeated record after today
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:12 pm

Shiloh will not be doing it today

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:14 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Shiloh will not be doing it today

Four Winds-Minnewaukan 75
Shiloh Christian 55
Final

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby lennylive » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:30 pm

Neither will Parshall..to many turnovers and a low shooting %. I will say this though, Parshall surprised me. First time watching them. If they could've made a few more shots fall and not have half the self inflicted turnovers they may have won. Should be a good Region 8 tourney.
congrats to The Ranchers on an undefeated season. 4WM has 1 game left with a rescheduled Dunseith game.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby chief45 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:18 pm

lennylive wrote:Big match ups today that will be Close games I think
4WM vs Shiloh
LLM vs NB

I made the trip out to Fort Totten for the Shiloh VS Four Winds-Min game. Shiloh came out pretty strong early, but lost their big man Englund mid way through the first and he did not return, I believe he had 7-9 points in the first 4 minutes. After he went down I was fully expecting FWM to run away with this one. Give Shiloh credit they hung around and were even up late in the 3rd Quarter. Shiloh ran out of gas and FWM is just relentless on transition.

A few takeaways from this game

Yankton is a special player

If Englund's injury is at all significant that will completely open up Region 5, but if he returns I fully expect Shiloh to win this Region and make some noise up in Minot.

FWM is the top team, I think only a handful of teams in the state have what it takes to push them.

If both teams remain healthy they will represent Regions 4 & 5 at state.

FWM doesn't need depth, Shiloh played 10-11 guys and Yankton torched every guy they put on him.

Assuming both teams win out, they should both be seeded at the B
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:05 am

Is there a site where stats on players are located for viewing per Region for Class B Basketball?
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:45 am

Shiloh Shiloh Shiloh....puke. Nothing about them says Class B Basketball, oh we play ten players, doesn't everyone? Puke! Would LOVE to NOT see them at state. As you can tell, I'm not hiding my feeling on this one. Next!
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:57 am

ND Basketball Fan wrote:Is there a site where stats on players are located for viewing per Region for Class B Basketball?

Nope

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:00 pm

I am with you on this one GoPack.... I would love to see anyone else make it beside Shiloh. I really don't think they are good enough personally. I see them taking 7th or 8th if they make it to state again.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:40 pm

GOPACKGO!!! wrote:Shiloh Shiloh Shiloh....puke. Nothing about them says Class B Basketball, oh we play ten players, doesn't everyone? Puke! Would LOVE to NOT see them at state. As you can tell, I'm not hiding my feeling on this one. Next!

Trust me, you are not alone in those feelings.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:44 pm

maddog1971 wrote:I am with you on this one GoPack.... I would love to see anyone else make it beside Shiloh. I really don't think they are good enough personally. I see them taking 7th or 8th if they make it to state again.

If they make it...they won't be 7th or 8th this year. Even though I support middle class schools, yes, I would like to see someone new out of R5.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys