General Boys BB thread

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: General Boys BB thread

Postby sportsphenom » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:54 am

Sportsrube wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I'd never seen it before this year. Now I've seen it twice in a couple of weeks.

South Border beating MPB has to be a decent sized upset last night.

The first time MPB beat South Border, one of SB's best players was sick. (He played, but didn't do anything) Last night he was healthy and he was the difference maker. This will be the first time South Border's Boys have played in a District Championship game I believe.
Always nice to see new teams making a run!

They never played in one when Pinke and the Jacobsons played? I mean, probably not, Linton and Strasburg were good during those years. Hats off to them, that's a huge win for a team that has struggled the last few years.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:37 pm

sportsphenom wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:
The Schwab wrote:I'd never seen it before this year. Now I've seen it twice in a couple of weeks.

South Border beating MPB has to be a decent sized upset last night.

The first time MPB beat South Border, one of SB's best players was sick. (He played, but didn't do anything) Last night he was healthy and he was the difference maker. This will be the first time South Border's Boys have played in a District Championship game I believe.
Always nice to see new teams making a run!

They never played in one when Pinke and the Jacobsons played? I mean, probably not, Linton and Strasburg were good during those years. Hats off to them, that's a huge win for a team that has struggled the last few years.

Nope, they always lost in the semifinals. The year they took 2nd in the Region they lost to Strasburg in the semifinals of Districts and then beat them in the semifinals of Regionals. Linton and Strasburg always finished 1-2 in the District during those years. District 6 and Region 3 were tougher back then compared to this year (top to bottom). This has been a very good year for South Border's boys and hopefully the magic continues for a while longer!
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:24 pm

Being top 2 in D6 opens the door for a much easier R3 QF game. Would be nice to see them make the final 4 of Regions cause then anything can happen; pressure goes on other teams.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby birthday » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:27 pm

I’m a district 6 guy but I wouldn’t be surprised if district 6 goes 0-4 in the first round
birthday
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:06 pm

Anyone got any input on the CC lost to Grafton last night?

I also see LLM got revenge on their loss to Ellendale
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:04 pm

sportsphenom wrote:I think the thing that bothers most people about Joe is his attitude. He has all the talent in the world but most people, myself included, don't like the way he always complains to the ref, I've seen him yell at his coach and can sometimes get super lazy on defense. Joe has extreme talent but if he brings an attitude to college it will not fly. I do hope he has great success though.

This was in the Mr. Basketball thread, but my response is more fitting for this thread. I think you could apply the above post for the whole team. Nothing seems that important to them. They are capable of playing incredible defense but it never really looks like they are locked in stopping anyone. Watch the energy kids put into guarding Joe. Imagine if Enderlin played with that energy. I've tried to figure out what they do on offense, but do they really run one? It looks like they start with a plan, throw one pass, play one-on-one, and either shoot or kick. They don't move the ball. They don't screen. With all that said they're in every game and capable of winning a state title, they have that much talent.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby BelfieldBantams » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:38 pm

Flip wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:I think the thing that bothers most people about Joe is his attitude. He has all the talent in the world but most people, myself included, don't like the way he always complains to the ref, I've seen him yell at his coach and can sometimes get super lazy on defense. Joe has extreme talent but if he brings an attitude to college it will not fly. I do hope he has great success though.

This was in the Mr. Basketball thread, but my response is more fitting for this thread. I think you could apply the above post for the whole team. Nothing seems that important to them. They are capable of playing incredible defense but it never really looks like they are locked in stopping anyone. Watch the energy kids put into guarding Joe. Imagine if Enderlin played with that energy. I've tried to figure out what they do on offense, but do they really run one? It looks like they start with a plan, throw one pass, play one-on-one, and either shoot or kick. They don't move the ball. They don't screen. With all that said they're in every game and capable of winning a state title, they have that much talent.

The energy thing and lack of intensity on defense has been my biggest irritations about Enderlin. I will say that they brought the intensity against Kindred and there were a lot of tired boys by the end of that game. That was high quality basketball played at both ends by both teams for a good portion of the game. A little barking at the refs but not over the top, like in other games. For the most part, coaches coached, players played and it was a fun fun atmosphere for the game.
BelfieldBantams
NDPreps Starter

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:58 am

lennylive wrote:Anyone got any input on the CC lost to Grafton last night?

Watched the game, it seemed like the best player on the court for the night was the little point guard for Grafton. He really controlled the game, especially in the 4th quarter when they made a big comeback. It didn't help CC's cause that they got a late technical foul when they were up in the 4th quarter, they seemed to really fall flat afterwards. The Grafton PG put on a free throw clinic in the last minute, and I commend their coach for getting the ball to their best shooter who made most of his attempts while CC kept it close till the end.

Ellendale has the better star player, but LLM has the better athletes and overall team.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby lennylive » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:30 am

UNDSiouxfan wrote:
lennylive wrote:Anyone got any input on the CC lost to Grafton last night?

Watched the game, it seemed like the best player on the court for the night was the little point guard for Grafton. He really controlled the game, especially in the 4th quarter when they made a big comeback. It didn't help CC's cause that they got a late technical foul when they were up in the 4th quarter, they seemed to really fall flat afterwards. The Grafton PG put on a free throw clinic in the last minute, and I commend their coach for getting the ball to their best shooter who made most of his attempts while CC kept it close till the end.

Ellendale has the better star player, but LLM has the better athletes and overall team.

thanks for the response
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:47 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:I agree with alot of the above on where the attitudes come from. I think more technicals need to be handed out to players and coaches. I have noticed lately though that there are more warnings going out which is good. On that note, what is the situation in Maple River and their coach? Does he get to coach his next game or is he suspended? I thought the refs let that go for far too long but in the end the result was the same. There is no need for that in high school basketball.

Well, they had a game on Monday night in Wyndmere...did he coach in that game? That would answer the suspended question. He'd be good for Region 1 Play-Ins tonight.

I thought the T came at such an odd time...thought he earned the first one earlier than that...second one should have come out sooner cause you knew he wasn't ending until he got it. An administrator should have been there to walk him out instead of him walking himself out...cause he came back to say more.

Side Note: The bench player taunting from the opposing team on the coach's walkout is lucky that wasn't called too.

Brought this to this topic. Just watched that sequence. It was pretty crazy and I can't believe it took that long to get the 2nd one.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys