Hoopster & Dale Brown Games

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Hoopster & Dale Brown Games

Postby justplayalready » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:51 pm

justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Re: Hoopster & Dale Brown Games

Postby justplayalready » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:24 am

justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:34 pm

Wednesday's Games:

TGU vs Stanley - Stanley -8
Thompson vs Hazen - Thompson -6
FWM vs Dickinson Trinity - FWM -30
Beulah vs Enderlin - Enderlin -15
LAEM vs Minot Ryan - Minot Ryan -9
St. John vs Shiloh - Shiloh -10
North Star vs Our Redeemers - North Star -8
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby vikingman » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:04 pm

I only saw the 2nd half, but wasn't impressed with Beulah. Is anyone other than Brandt allowed to shoot the ball? With time running out, they let the shot clock expire rather than have one of the non-Brandt players take a shot.

And yet, with only one person they had to defend, Enderlin barely squeaked it out despite their huge size advantage.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:11 pm

vikingman wrote:I only saw the 2nd half, but wasn't impressed with Beulah. Is anyone other than Brandt allowed to shoot the ball? With time running out, they let the shot clock expire rather than have one of the non-Brandt players take a shot.

And yet, with only one person they had to defend, Enderlin barely squeaked it out despite their huge size advantage.

Brandt was the only one skilled enough to get shots off. Commentators mentioned how Beulah was using the entire shot clock like they were doing it on purpose. It wasn't on purpose.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby 3sportfan » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:12 pm

vikingman wrote:I only saw the 2nd half, but wasn't impressed with Beulah. Is anyone other than Brandt allowed to shoot the ball? With time running out, they let the shot clock expire rather than have one of the non-Brandt players take a shot.

I was less impressed with Enderlin, Beulah missing one of the only 2 players with varsity experience, and you squeak out a 6 point win. If i'm Beulah I feel pretty good about the game they played tonight, Enderlin on the otherhand not so much, should have probably been a 20-30 point blowout. Do they just not know how to play hard?
3sportfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lennylive » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:22 am

3sportfan wrote:

I was less impressed with Enderlin, Beulah missing one of the only 2 players with varsity experience, and you squeak out a 6 point win. If i'm Beulah I feel pretty good about the game they played tonight, Enderlin on the otherhand not so much, should have probably been a 20-30 point blowout. Do they just not know how to play hard?

I only caught the last 5 minutes...not familiar with Beulah, but was impressed with Brandt. Not sure how many turnovers Enderlin had prior to the last 5 minutes, but I counted 4 for sure maybe 5. This continues to be a problem for them, averaging 16 or so per game.Not sure how the shooting was percentage wise.. been averaging about 50% Bartholomay has been liting it up lately think he only scored 4,bulk of the points was the Twins. Brandt scoring 3o points with Dixon on him just proves how good he really is.
Glad the Eagles won, they have a very tough schedule ahead of them, with Canton,SD... HCV, LLM, NC, Dunseith, and Morris,MN within the next 17 days. They are going to have to really work on dropping that TO ratio in order to beat any of these teams..no home games until Jan 18..only 6 home games out of 20 for the season should make them ready for tourney time. Sure would be nice to see Eagles make it to state.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:53 pm

stats out on Enderlin Vs Beulah..and I stand corrected
Enderlin had only 9 TO for the game...that is Fantastic !
Shot well also.... so Beulah mustve took the air out of the ball for that score to be as low as it was.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys