2021 Class B Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2021 Class B Poll

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:19 pm

Polls never mean anything, but yes they are always a good litmus test for everyone to look at. For what it's worth, I feel there's a very, very good chance that the winner of Ellendale/LLM to represent their region will be playing on Semifinal night of the B.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby maddog1971 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:08 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:Polls never mean anything, but yes they are always a good litmus test for everyone to look at. For what it's worth, I feel there's a very, very good chance that the winner of Ellendale/LLM to represent their region will be playing on Semifinal night of the B.

I would like to see them make it to state but If match up against Kindred/Enderlin/4 winds/ whomever comes out of region 2... they will not be in the semi's.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby chief45 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:53 pm

maddog1971 wrote:
UNDSiouxfan wrote:Polls never mean anything, but yes they are always a good litmus test for everyone to look at. For what it's worth, I feel there's a very, very good chance that the winner of Ellendale/LLM to represent their region will be playing on Semifinal night of the B.

I would like to see them make it to state but If match up against Kindred/Enderlin/4 winds/ whomever comes out of region 2... they will not be in the semi's.

Assuming Ellendale makes it to state unscathed they should be able to avoid a First round matchup with Region 1 & Region 4 Winner, As Ellendale would probably get seeded. LLM could definitely still get Seeded if they won out, but once you have 3-4 or more losses it might be tough to get seeded in this years tournament.

Seeds are voted on by the 8 remaining coaches, but here are my thoughts

Region 1 - As long as its Kindred/Enderlin/CC the R1 representative will be seeded
Region 2 - NB maybe gets seed if they finish with 1-3 losses, HCV/Thompson most likely will not get seeded
Region 3 - Ellendale / LLM will most likely be seeded even if they enter with 3 losses
Region 4 - FWM - only 1 team left on reg season schedule I could see challenging them - FWM will be 1 seed
Region 5 - If Shiloh/Flasher enter with 1-3 losses, could see them being seeded, any other team would not
Region 6 - If the favored teams of other regions make it I do not see the R6 representative getting seeded
Region 7 - Same as R6, R7 teams will take turns beating each other and R7 representative gets no seed
Region 8 - PL could get 5 seed, but strength of schedule could bite them

As of today, Barring upsets in other regions I do not think the reps from region 6 or 7 will be seeded.
Region 1 & 4 will almost certainly be seeded.
The other 3 seeds will come down to Regions 2, 3, 5, & 8
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:15 pm

North Border has added a game @ LaMoure-LM on February 19th!

They've successfully replaced Kittson Cty Central (MN) & Rolla with LaMoure-LM & Central Cass...that is improving your schedule and preparing your kids for the postseason.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsphenom » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:16 pm

WalkingStick wrote:
leroybla wrote:Central Cass and North Border boys will play in Walhalla on Feb. 26. This game replaces the CC game originally scheduled to be played with Linton on Jan. 22 in Jamestown.

Yep, NB has been actively trying to find quality games to replace their lost games b/c of weather. NB has now added Kindred & Central Cass.

LaMoure has added North Border to their schedule. Feb 19th in LaMoure. Good quality game for both of these teams heading into tournament play.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sorenson23 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:53 pm

Latest Poll
Monday February 7th
1. Four Winds/Minnewaukan (16) 13-0 160
2. Kindred 13-1 143
3. Ellendale 14-0 125
4. Flasher 15-1 93
5. Powers Lake 14-0 91
6. Enderlin 11-4 86
7. North Border 12-1 71
8. Central Cass 11-2 49
9. LaMoure-Litchville/Marion 10-2 31
10T. Shiloh Christian 13-2 14
10T. Thompson 11-4 14
Others Receiving Votes: Beulah (11-4), North Star (13-2), Surrey (13-2).
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby chief45 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:39 am

Sorenson23 wrote:Latest Poll
Monday February 7th
1. Four Winds/Minnewaukan (16) 13-0 160
2. Kindred 13-1 143
3. Ellendale 14-0 125
4. Flasher 15-1 93
5. Powers Lake 14-0 91
6. Enderlin 11-4 86
7. North Border 12-1 71
8. Central Cass 11-2 49
9. LaMoure-Litchville/Marion 10-2 31
10T. Shiloh Christian 13-2 14
10T. Thompson 11-4 14
Others Receiving Votes: Beulah (11-4), North Star (13-2), Surrey (13-2).

This week has some key top 10 matchups that could shake up the polls for the first time in a few weeks

#1 FWM no top rated Matchups this week

#2 Kindred VS # 8 Central Cass Tonight, & #2 Kindred VS #7 North Border on Friday. I see Kindred winning both games, but they will need to play well.

#3 Ellendale VS # 8 Central Cass on Saturday. Ellendales schedule hasn't been as tough as some other teams in the polls, but this can serve as a prove it game & they can show that they belong at #3.

#4 Flasher VS # 10 Shiloh Christian. Good game for both these clubs. a Flasher win could push them up as high as #2 depending on how other top 10 matchups play out.

#5 Powers Lake - No top rated Matchups this week

#6 - Enderlin - No top rated Matchups this week

#7 - North Border VS May-Port-C-G tonight & #7 North Border VS #2 Kindred on Friday. North Border has talent, but has not played a tough schedule yet. These two games will be a good test for them.

#8 - Central Cass VS # 8 Kindred tonight & #8 Central Cass VS #3 Ellendale on Saturday. Great week of basketball for CC fans. CC has played well this year and this will be a good measuring stick for them heading into the final stretch of the season.

#9 - Lamoure-Litchville/Marion - No top rated matchups this week

#10 - Shiloh Christian VS # 4 Flasher on Friday. Will be a good test for Shiloh Christian to prove they belong in the top 10.

#10 - Thompson - No top rated matchups this week

RV Beulah VS Bowman County on Saturday. Will be a great matchup to determine some seeding in Region 7

RV North Star - no top rated matchups this week

RV Surrey - no top rated matchups this week
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:57 am

So I watch mostly region 1 and 2 basketball (especially region 2). I'm going to go out on a limb with a hot take and say that North Border loses 3 of the 4 games vs. Central Cass, LaMoure, Kindred, and HCV. I don't know a ton about LaMoure so am going to say that maybe they get that one or the Central Cass game but it wouldn't surprise me if they lost all 4 of those. They play 5 kids and maybe a 6th depending on the on-again, off-again injury status of one. The top 3 kids are very very good but after that I don't think they have enough to compete with those top level teams. They also haven't been tested much this year. Only "good" team they have played is Thompson who was up 20 or so at half and maybe Grafton is in that category and that game was very close until the middle of the 4th (Grafton was up at half time) when Grafton got in foul trouble and North Border hit a few shots in a row. I'm curious to see how those games go and if the top three are enough to overcome for the rest (I will say they play their roles well but don't add much for scoring).

Also good for them for trying to schedule some make up games with top teams but why is their non-region so poor before that? Coming off a region championship game and returning all but one kid, I would think you would have tried to beef up going into this year. I'm a little curious if that was an intentional deal so they could run through the regular season running up scores (look at their scores and talk to anyone who has seen them play - they definitely run it up like 76 to 16 vs. Larimore when they pulled the starters) or if they couldn't get anyone to play them. I know travel is hard because of how far north they are but a lot of those top teams will travel anywhere. They don't even play North Star which a lot of other region 2 teams do and would have been a good game. Originally scheduled non-region games: Lakota, Horace JV, Richland, Northern Cass winning by margins of 35, 33, 18, and 11.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:31 pm

North Border's schedule issue is more so that their AD just continues to schedule the same teams every year...the coaches have been trying to find newer teams to play that have openings in their schedule and it's working out this year.

Flasher is the only ranked or RV team not playing tonight. Should be an interesting night for BBB in Class B.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:09 pm

Kindred is missing a few key players again this week. So don't be surprised if they don't get the win. Hopefully everyone can get healthy by regions. BUT they have a good bench of players and they have been winning with a mix of players.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby lennylive » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:56 pm

maddog1971 wrote:Kindred is missing a few key players again this week. So don't be surprised if they don't get the win. Hopefully everyone can get healthy by regions. BUT they have a good bench of players and they have been winning with a mix of players.

whos out?...just curious.
They have a great bench so if someone is missing it doesnt seem to change for them, except for the fact they dont roll 4 off the bench..
I would say if Peraza and Olson were out, then it might change things a bit more.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:50 pm

lennylive wrote:
maddog1971 wrote:Kindred is missing a few key players again this week. So don't be surprised if they don't get the win. Hopefully everyone can get healthy by regions. BUT they have a good bench of players and they have been winning with a mix of players.

They have a great bench so if someone is missing it doesnt seem to change for them, except for the fact they dont roll 4 off the bench..
I would say if Peraza and Olson were out, then it might change things a bit more.

I watched this game and did not see any KEY players missing for Kindred.. CC wins.
I guess Kindred CAN be beat...
On any given night Anyone can be beat. So now that Enderlin beat CC and CC beats Kindred.. does that mean Enderlin will move up in the poll next week and Kindred will drop? :lol: :lol: :lol:
poll #s mean nothing

the W/L column is the only factor that matters.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby leroybla » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:57 pm

lennylive wrote:
lennylive wrote:

I watched this game and did not see any KEY players missing for Kindred.. CC wins.
On any given night Anyone can be beat. So now that Enderlin beat CC and CC beats Kindred.. does that mean Enderlin will move up in the poll next week and Kindred will drop? :lol: :lol: :lol:
poll #s mean nothing

I believe that Woehl was out tonite for Kindred, but Kindred is certainly not short of worthy substitutes. One factor, I believe, in Kindred's loss was when Perraza went in for an uncontested reverse dunk in the 3rd quarter and cut his hand on the rim. For the rest of the game his middle finger and ring finger on his (right) shooting hand were taped together. Then McQuillen fouled out and the game was over. CC trailed by 11 or 12 in the second quarter and led by as many as 14 in the 4th. It was a very fast paced game. Both teams have deep benches.
leroybla
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikingman » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:08 am

Highlights from CC-Kindred: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRhBtOGpBnY
a couple of very impressive dunks by Peraza.

4K version
https://youtu.be/CSHw4jOCzdE
Last edited by vikingman on Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby hoophoophoop » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:42 am

vikingman wrote:Highlights from CC-Kindred: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRhBtOGpBnY

4K version will be up in a few hours

They lost who cares
hoophoophoop
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:56 am

[quote="hoophoophoop"][quote="vikingman"]Highlights from CC-Kindred: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRhBtOGpBnY[/url]

4K version will be up in a few hours[/quote]

They lost who cares[/quote]

Goodness gracious.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby justplayalready » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:05 am

Fixed it for hoop...

vikingman wrote:Highlights from CC-Kindred: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRhBtOGpBnY
#12 for CC shoots them past the champs.

4K version
https://youtu.be/CSHw4jOCzdE

lol...it's actually the CC highlights. I think the poster was being generous in the CC victory & they are high quality highlights
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:07 am

lennylive wrote:
lennylive wrote:

poll #s mean nothing

Kindred didn't look impressive vs MPCG either, kind of figured this was coming. CC has a good team this year, hats off to them on the win. Well played! Going to be an interesting Region 1 tournament like usual.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sorenson23 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:52 pm

Latest Poll
Monday February 14th
1. Four Winds/Minnewaukan (16) 16-0 160
2. Central Cass 13-2 122
3. Powers Lake 16-0 108
4. Kindred 13-2 106
5. Enderlin 13-4 104
6. Ellendale 15-1 67
7. North Border 14-1 65
8T. LaMoure-Litchville/Marion 14-2 48
8T. Shiloh Christian 15-2 48
10. Flasher 15-2 32
Others Receiving Votes: Beulah, Thompson.
Sorenson23
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby chief45 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:43 am

I will try to post this extra information the rest of the year following the release of the weekly Polls. All Information posted below is not my own and is accessible at https://classbbasketball.com/

Latest Poll
Monday February 14th
1. Four Winds/Minnewaukan 16-0 (RPI - 2nd) (SOS - 14th) (PPG Difference - 1st -35.5)
2. Central Cass 13-2 (RPI - 7th) (SOS - 9th) (PPG Difference - 15th - 14.6)
3. Powers Lake 16-0 (RPI - 15th) (SOS - 79th) (PPG Difference - 12th - 16.2)
4. Kindred 13-2 (RPI - 3rd) (SOS - 11th) (PPG Difference - 4th - 21.1)
5. Enderlin 13-4 (RPI - 1st) (SOS - 2nd) (PPG Difference - 7th - 18.8
6. Ellendale 15-1 (RPI - 6th) (SOS - 23rd) (PPG Difference - 3rd - 21.2)
7. North Border 14-1 (RPI - 30th) (SOS -92nd) (PPG Difference - 2nd - 28.1)
8T. LaMoure-Litchville/Marion 14-2 (RPI - 8th) (SOS - 25th) (PPG Difference - 10th - 18.0)
8T. Shiloh Christian 15-2 (RPI - 5th) (SOS - 10th) (PPG Difference - 5th - 19.6)
10. Flasher 15-2 (RPI - 9th) (SOS - 38th) (PPG Difference - 6th - 18.8
RV. Beulah 14-4 (RPI - 13th) (SOS - 21st) (PPG Difference - 11th - 16.2)
RV. Thompson 13-4 (RPI - 4th) (SOS - 4th) (PPG Difference - 17th - 13.7)

RPI, SOS, & PPG Difference information is as of 2/15/22 9:45 AM
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:56 am

I thought PL SOS was something, then I got to NB's. My goodness. There is no reason it should be that low. It's not like this was a surprisingly good team.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:58 am

Flip wrote:I thought PL SOS was something, then I got to NB's. My goodness. There is no reason it should be that low. It's not like this was a surprisingly good team.

I'm guessing that will be bolstered a bit with a couple games this week that they picked up against ranked teams.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby chief45 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:25 am

Flip wrote:I thought PL SOS was something, then I got to NB's. My goodness. There is no reason it should be that low. It's not like this was a surprisingly good team.

North Border does have games with 2 top 10 opponents (LLM & CC) as well as HCV. So their SOS should be more respectable heading into regions. Would not surprise me if they go 0-3 in those games as they are all very tough teams.

Side Note does anyone know why the Kindred VS North Border Game was not rescheduled? Assuming it must just be since they year is winding down & schedules are tight, but thought I'd ask the board here.
chief45
NDPreps Starter

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:59 am

chief45 wrote:

North Border does have games with 2 top 10 opponents (LLM & CC) as well as HCV. So their SOS should be more respectable heading into regions. Would not surprise me if they go 0-3 in those games as they are all very tough teams.

Side Note does anyone know why the Kindred VS North Border Game was not rescheduled? Assuming it must just be since they year is winding down & schedules are tight, but thought I'd ask the board here.

Exactly that…no days to reschedule that worked for both schools

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:12 pm

And remember their games later vs. CC and LaMoure were not on the schedule but got added to fill in for other games. Non-region schedule is brutal. Just about every other team in the region plays a tougher non-region.....even the bottom ones....

This is why I have been saying their one loss doesn't mean a whole lot because that one loss was to the only good team they have played so far. But notice their PPG differential is 2nd........curious isn't it.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys