FWM vs Enderlin 12/13/21

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

FWM vs Enderlin 12/13/21

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:21 am

Surprised there is no chatter about this big early season game. Who does everyone have tonight? FWM has a lot of new faces playing their first big game tonight, but also has the same amount of talent they have had in previous years. We all know who Enderlin has back again this season. Will this finally be their year?

I've got Enderlin by 15 tonight. With FWM getting people adjusted to new roles, I think it's just too early in the season for them to pull it off. If this were a late season matchup, I may go the other way. My pick is that both of these teams will meet again at the state tournament this year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: FWM vs Enderlin 12/13/21

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:39 am

Big game right out of the gate - Should be fun to watch! Both teams will be highly ranked all year. Since it is the regular season and not post season, I have Enderlin winning by 10 plus points. Enderlin will find a way to choke during post season again and won't make State. Kindred or OG coming out of Region 1 this year.
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:59 am

I'll take Enderlin by a dozen tonight. Being a fan of old school basketball of starting a possession in the paint, I am hoping for a concentrated effort to get it down to their bigs and go from there. If they do so, this could be a 20-25 point victory.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:05 am

Enderlin will be battle tested this year. They are playing one of the tougher non-region schedules I've seen.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby birthday » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:06 pm

I guess enderlin will have at least one loss. They had to many costly turnovers at the end of the game.
birthday
NDPreps Starter

Postby senditin » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:07 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Surprised there is no chatter about this big early season game. Who does everyone have tonight? FWM has a lot of new faces playing their first big game tonight, but also has the same amount of talent they have had in previous years. We all know who Enderlin has back again this season. Will this finally be their year?

I've got Enderlin by 15 tonight. With FWM getting people adjusted to new roles, I think it's just too early in the season for them to pull it off. If this were a late season matchup, I may go the other way. My pick is that both of these teams will meet again at the state tournament this year.

:lol:
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby senditin » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:08 pm

UNDSiouxfan wrote:I'll take Enderlin by a dozen tonight. Being a fan of old school basketball of starting a possession in the paint, I am hoping for a concentrated effort to get it down to their bigs and go from there. If they do so, this could be a 20-25 point victory.

senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vikingman » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:47 pm

I've noticed this on several NFHS webcasts...

tonight it was with the camera in Enderlin. When players would approach a spot about half-way between the top of the circle and the mid-court stripe, part of the player's body would 'disappear' until it got to the other side of some 'imaginary line'. Are there 2 cameras, and one is handing off to the other, or what? I remember seeing the same problem (only MUCH worse) last year when these 2 teams played at Four Winds.

Also, before I remembered that Enderlin was on NFHS, I searched Youtube for this game. Up came about a half-dozen results claiming to be a livestream between Enderlin v Four Winds, but none of them was actually this game--instead they were previously recorded games that had nothing to do with tonight's game. What's up with that? (I've actually seen this many times before as well).
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby RockNRoll » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:54 pm

Good game. Four winds has couple of studs in dalen leftbear n deng deng. Best players on court tonight only sophomores.
RockNRoll
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:07 am

vikingman wrote:I've noticed this on several NFHS webcasts...

tonight it was with the camera in Enderlin. When players would approach a spot about half-way between the top of the circle and the mid-court stripe, part of the player's body would 'disappear' until it got to the other side of some 'imaginary line'. Are there 2 cameras, and one is handing off to the other, or what? I remember seeing the same problem (only MUCH worse) last year when these 2 teams played at Four Winds.

Also, before I remembered that Enderlin was on NFHS, I searched Youtube for this game. Up came about a half-dozen results claiming to be a livestream between Enderlin v Four Winds, but none of them was actually this game--instead they were previously recorded games that had nothing to do with tonight's game. What's up with that? (I've actually seen this many times before as well).

Your 2nd paragraph: happens a lot on YouTube…lots of fakes out there. I came across a bunch of them during the football season…some are scams.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:38 am

I really enjoyed watching this game. Good tempo and a great early season atmosphere. I personally thought before this game that Enderlin would win a close one, but hats off to FWM. They have one of the most consistent and well coached programs in the state.

I have a couple of questions for those who follow FWM:

1. How many games do these kids play in the summer? I've heard upwards of 90
2. Do they have a lot of kids that move in? About what percentage of their team has been in the school system since they were in early elementary?
3. How many kids go out for basketball? Do they cut kids?
4. What are their sub-varsity teams records over the past decade or so? I've heard they are very, very good.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:30 pm

senditin wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:Surprised there is no chatter about this big early season game. Who does everyone have tonight? FWM has a lot of new faces playing their first big game tonight, but also has the same amount of talent they have had in previous years. We all know who Enderlin has back again this season. Will this finally be their year?

Yes, give FWM a ton of credit. They have started the year without missing a beat from last season. I thought they may struggle a bit early in the season, but they already look like they're in midseason form and will only get better!
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby lennylive » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:05 pm

Eagles had 21 turnovers..... of course FWM probably created those with quickness. None the less in any game ..if you cannot take care of the ball offensively..especially against a good team, chances are your not going to win.
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby lennylive » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:34 am

Eagles looked Great last night.
Going into last nights having SC beating both OG and Oakes..and a close game with LLM,,I thought it wouldve been a closer game.
Enderlin looked like they fueled up on premium fuel last night... they started out in high gear and never slowed. Had they played like that against 4WM the outcome wouldve been a win.
Still a few to many turnovers, but all in all they looked better than both the 4WM and Lisbon game.
Carson B has been cranking it up more having 2 good games in Byron and last night. He adds to the threat.
All 5 players are a threat, they just need to work them in a bit more.
Eagles are cranking it up, should be a Fun rest of the season.
Go Eagles !
lennylive
NDPreps Starter

Postby GOPACKGO!!! » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:01 pm

The Schwab wrote:I really enjoyed watching this game. Good tempo and a great early season atmosphere. I personally thought before this game that Enderlin would win a close one, but hats off to FWM. They have one of the most consistent and well coached programs in the state.

I have a couple of questions for those who follow FWM:

1. How many games do these kids play in the summer? I've heard upwards of 90
2. Do they have a lot of kids that move in? About what percentage of their team has been in the school system since they were in early elementary?
3. How many kids go out for basketball? Do they cut kids?
4. What are their sub-varsity teams records over the past decade or so? I've heard they are very, very good.

I recall seeing a few of these kids come off the bench in the State B last season.
I agree, very well coached & no T's in the Enderlin game by either team.
GOPACKGO!!!
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys