2022 State Tournament Pricing

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2022 State Tournament Pricing

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:57 pm

NDHSAA released their ticket prices for this years tournaments, talk about ridiculous.

TICKET PRICES:
Tournament Ticket—Reserved Qualifying Team (12 games, ages 3 and up): $54 + $6 facility fee = $60.00
Tournament Ticket—Reserved Lower Bowl (12 games, ages 3 and up): $72 + $6 facility fee = $78.00
Tournament Ticket—Reserved Premium Seating (12 games, ages 3 and up): $84 + $6 facility fee = $90.00
Single Session Ticket--Reserved Seating (2 games, ages 3 and up): $14 + $1 facility fee = $15.00
Student Qualifying Team Ticket—Unreserved Seating: $24 + $6 facility fee = $30.00
Student Single Session Ticket—Unreserved Seating: $5 + $1 facility fee = $6.00
**Children 2 and under are free if in someone’s lap.
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: 2022 State Tournament Pricing

Postby Flying Wallenda » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:20 pm

sportsphenom wrote:NDHSAA released their ticket prices for this years tournaments, talk about ridiculous.

TICKET PRICES:
Tournament Ticket—Reserved Qualifying Team (12 games, ages 3 and up): $54 + $6 facility fee = $60.00
Tournament Ticket—Reserved Lower Bowl (12 games, ages 3 and up): $72 + $6 facility fee = $78.00
Tournament Ticket—Reserved Premium Seating (12 games, ages 3 and up): $84 + $6 facility fee = $90.00
Single Session Ticket--Reserved Seating (2 games, ages 3 and up): $14 + $1 facility fee = $15.00
Student Qualifying Team Ticket—Unreserved Seating: $24 + $6 facility fee = $30.00

So.....

$6/game,
$6.50/game
$7.50/game
$7.50/game
$2.50/game
$6.00/game
??

Is this price gouging? Am I missing something?
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:54 pm

From the pricing it was, yes. And to charge 3 year olds?!? I was just at the NAIA national volleyball tournament where 10 and under were free. Let’s make this about families and not about the NDHSAA making a buck. But they know us small towns will pay whatever they say if we make it because we support our kids. Im fine with paying that but to charge that for my 3 year old grandchild?!
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:04 pm

Where is the tournament? and are the prices different than the girls' tournament?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsphenom » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:05 pm

No, they upped the pricing on the girls too. Girls is in GF and boys is in Minot
sportsphenom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby muley14 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:37 pm

WAY better than last year if your team makes it and about the same as going to a HS game during the season.
muley14
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:41 pm

I have zero problem with the prices they are charging (however, it might be a little ridiculous to charge a 3 year old the same as an adult). I would like a ticket purchasing system that makes sense. If you are going to have 2 sections that are not reserved for the participating schools in the tournament, every one of those tickets should be available for purchase.

Either that or make the entire dome general admission, I'd actually be more in favor of that.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby vikingman » Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:55 pm

I'm sure the BB tournament fills the seats more than the VB tournament does. A 3-year old takes up a seat just like an adult does. If you know you're going to have empty seats (VB), it doesn't make much difference, but for BB, that 3-year old could be keeping a paying adult from getting in, resulting in a loss of revenue.

As for the 'greedy' NDHSSA trying to make a buck--that's what we all do. We just get upset about it when someone ELSE is trying to make that buck.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:05 pm

Do realize that because of Covid many states have upped their pricing to help get back to a better revenue standpoint. Also realize the State has had to change how awards are given and things along that nature because of lost revenue from not having seasons...if this helps them get back to what was normal before Covid delays hit then so be it.
Last edited by WalkingStick on Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:14 pm

Flying Wallenda wrote:
sportsphenom wrote:NDHSAA released their ticket prices for this years tournaments, talk about ridiculous.

TICKET PRICES:

So.....

$6/game,
$6.50/game
$7.50/game
$7.50/game
$2.50/game
$6.00/game
??

Is this price gouging? Am I missing something?

Except for maybe 5-10% of attendees actually go to all 12 games. Dividing it by 6-8 games is much more realistic. $8-10/game is still not all that bad, though.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby maddog1971 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:07 pm

Well nobody goes to the state tournament any more because it is just the big B's and the Private schools so they all can afford to pay whatever they ask anyway. But Powers Lake.... but they have Oil money anyway so they will be fine.
That must be the reason for the pricing.

By the way I am joking. I agree it is crazy. When you have a family of 5 going to the game.... that is alot of money to watch your team play 3 times....
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby ChickenNuggets » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:08 pm

WalkingStick wrote:Do realize that because of Covid many states have upped their pricing to help get back to a better revenue standpoint. Also realize the State has had to change how awards are given and things along that nature because of lost revenue from not having seasons...if this helps them get back to what was normal before Covid delays hit then so be it.

How long is it going to take to get back to "normal"? Guaranteed these prices never come back down no matter how "Normal" things get back to being.

Wrestling prices took a major hike too. It used to be $40 for a 3-day pass to all sessions class A and B for individual tournament and duals. Last year they made it separate and it was $40 for 2 days of individuals for Class B, another $40 for 2 days of class A, and then another $20 on top of that for Saturday to go to the duals. So those prices essentially went from $40 for everything to $100 for everything (And they gave LESS team awards than in years past). This year the A and B individual tournaments are together again but it's still $40 for those first two days and another $20 for duals so they're still 50% higher prices than they were prior to covid.

The other one I still don't understand is state football playoffs. It was $11.00 to go to the West Fargo vs. Century semi-final Game that Friday night and $10.00 to go to the Cavalier vs. New Salem semi-final game the next day. Those prices are supposedly set by NDHSAA, so why would they be different?
ChickenNuggets
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:22 pm

ChickenNuggets wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:Do realize that because of Covid many states have upped their pricing to help get back to a better revenue standpoint. Also realize the State has had to change how awards are given and things along that nature because of lost revenue from not having seasons...if this helps them get back to what was normal before Covid delays hit then so be it.

How long is it going to take to get back to "normal"? Guaranteed these prices never come back down no matter how "Normal" things get back to being.

Wrestling prices took a major hike too. It used to be $40 for a 3-day pass to all sessions class A and B for individual tournament and duals. Last year they made it separate and it was $40 for 2 days of individuals for Class B, another $40 for 2 days of class A, and then another $20 on top of that for Saturday to go to the duals. So those prices essentially went from $40 for everything to $100 for everything (And they gave LESS team awards than in years past). This year the A and B individual tournaments are together again but it's still $40 for those first two days and another $20 for duals so they're still 50% higher prices than they were prior to covid.

The other one I still don't understand is state football playoffs. It was $11.00 to go to the West Fargo vs. Century semi-final Game that Friday night and $10.00 to go to the Cavalier vs. New Salem semi-final game the next day. Those prices are supposedly set by NDHSAA, so why would they be different?

I can answer the last question for you. NDHSAA allows a "facility fee" for post season tournaments (most of the time it's 1 dollar above the prices set by the NDHSAA).
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:53 pm

I have to say that I was pretty pleased overall with the availability of state tournament tickets. They seemed to have every seat (or at least 90 percent) of the seats in the middle sections available for purchase by the general public.

I was kind of confused why the decided to change the time the online ordering started less than 24 hours before tickets went on sale.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby justplayalready » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:59 pm

for four tix, was $38.40 less than last year(back to 2 game sessions)...Still plenty of really good seats available....just happened to check online early afternoon to see if my password worked preparing for the afternoon start of online sales and found out I could buy them already....confused as Schwab as to the why??
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys