Carrington Scrimmage

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Carrington Scrimmage

Postby justplayalready » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:12 am

How did Da Champs look??
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Re: Carrington Scrimmage

Postby maddog1971 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:14 pm

They will be lucky at win a game this year.... They will be a good team but I am sure they will drop a game or two in the beginning of the year finding who they are as a team. They score more points than last year but without Keller in the middle to block shots.... they not be as good defensively. And they have one of the main players hurt for awhile but should be back.

HCV gets my love right now. I did not think they were a top 10 team and I believe they are after watching them play. They have alot of kids to play and alot of really good athletes.

Northern Cass was better than I thought. They can shoot from deep and played some really aggressive Defense. I saw them play Ruby and they destroyed Ruby.

NB can play but I don't see them beating HCV on a big court. Not enough players to run a full game.
Shiloh will be back at state this year. Looks like they are ready to play and I actually think they looked way better now that Wanzek is off to college.
Other than that I did not see anything that stands out to me from the day.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby pastflyer » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:20 pm

HCV is huge. Their size at 4 of the 5 spots is 6'3" or better. Their guard play isn't amazing, but it is good enough. Their bigs stepped out and hit shots as well, so they need to be guarded all over. Kindred is still pretty solid, and when they get their injured player back will be better, but probably not the cream of the crop in Region 1, at least not at this point. I agree that NB just doesn't have the depth to make a big run. They are missing an injured player too, but I don't know if that's enough when he returns. NRS and Rugby were solid and Shiloh is a most likely shoe in from that region. Overall a pretty fun day of hoops.
pastflyer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby d_fense » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:15 am

So any other thoughts on Rugby? One person her says they were "destroyed" by a team rated 5th in region one and another person says Rugby was "solid". Hearing those two impressions, leaves me a little confused...
d_fense
NDPreps All-State

Postby maddog1971 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:48 am

They shot the lights out while they played Kindred and they could not throw it in the ocean when they played Northern Cass..... It is a scrimmage so I would not read to much into it. I don't think watching Rugby that they will be a top 10 team in the state. They will win many games in am sure but I don't think they will be in State again this year.... but again.... It was a Scrimmage.
maddog1971
NDPreps All-State

Postby justplayalready » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:12 pm

d_fense wrote:So any other thoughts on Rugby? One person her says they were "destroyed" by a team rated 5th in region one and another person says Rugby was "solid". Hearing those two impressions, leaves me a little confused...

should get into to regions due to weak district...size and talent moreso on JV than V...Only return 1.5 players that had played any meaningful Varsity minutes last year...
justplayalready
NDPreps All-State

Postby packers21 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:19 pm

I think CC, OG and NC would be favorites to play in the Region Championship in many other regions they get overlooked (and rightfully so) bc of Kindred and Enderlin. When OG and NC are hitting from the outside they will be able to play with anyone, when they are off they are gunna have to rely on some aggressive D. CC is more balanced and should be very very good.

Rugby will most likely play in the Region championship. Winning breeds winning, they have lots of confidence and very good coach. DLB who I thought would win that region has kids are out and others that have moved.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys