Breakout Players This Year Region 1 and 2

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Breakout Players This Year Region 1 and 2

Postby ND Basketball Fan » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:53 am

Any predictions on Breakout Players for Region 1 and 2? Players that no one knows about now but will be in the spot light at the end of the year. I'm not familiar with other regions so if any anyone has names that they would like to share from Regions 3-8 please do.
ND Basketball Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Breakout Players This Year Region 1 and 2

Postby UNDSiouxfan » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:45 pm

4 small town players I expect big things from in R1 that don't get a lot of mention:

MNS - Luke Martinson, sophomore.
I thought he was their best player last year as a Freshman. He is a kid that can score 20/10 on any night and is one of the better players in R1 that nobody knows about.

Hankinson - Cruz Hernandez, Jr.
Probably the best defensive player in all of R1. Has started since the 8th grade for the Pirates and was All Region last year. Knows how to get to the hoop and is very good in transition.

Hankinson - Kaden Kelley, Sr. Makes an excellent 1-2 backcourt with Hernandez, and they are one of the better guard combos in R1. Kelley has been a two year starter and has improved each year. He was their top scorer last year, is an excellent FT shooter, and is their main 3 point threat.

Maple Valley - Evan Richman, Sr. Tough player who is hard to stop in the lane. He is one of the better rebounders in R1, and will likely be the go to guy for Maple Valley.

Overall, I think both MNS and Hankinson are going to be much better than most people think. MNS goes 8-10 deep, and has very good guard play in Fletcher Willprecht, Gavin Christianson, and their PG Avery McFarland is a very good floor general. Hankinson returns 3 starters to begin the year, but depth and height are their main issue. They will get one of their returning starters back in late Dec., Chase Evans, who is recovering from a FB injury. He will help them for the 2nd half of the season as he is another good player who has the potential to get 15/10 every night. Hankinson is older and they return a lot so this should be their best team in the last few years.

Other than Kindred & Enderlin, teams 3-11 in R1 should be very competitive. Richland will likely have difficulties due to numbers, and I predict W-L will struggle a bit more than others think. W-L has a very big defensive presence in the middle with Kaszinski, but W-L will have to prove they have guards that can hit the outside shot to open up the lane. Teams will likely double team their big guy and make him ineffective. I think W-L will lose more than they will win, and their wins will come by 40-39 type of defensive scrappy games.

Can't wait for some R1 basketball.
UNDSiouxfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Breakout Players This Year Region 1 and 2

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:14 pm

I like UNDSiouxfan's idea so am going to continue on with the small town region 2 kids. I hope my names, spellings, and grades are right. I'm going off of memory.

May-Port: Landon Koenig (Junior) - A new addition coming over from the dissolved FSHP co-op. He was an outstanding player last year and will totally change the outlook of MayPort's season. One of the better returning all-around players in the region. A true modern-day post who can score down low, step outside, and is very athletic. I think he ends up average 20 points and close to 10 rebounds.

Midway/Minto: Riley Robinson (Sophomore) - A very good outside shooter who served as the number three option last season. If he grew this offseason and bulked up a little he will take a significant step forward. If not his floor is still an outstanding shooter and smart player. Another kid who should have tons of opportunity this season on a team that will need him to step up in a big way. I think he makes nearly 60 threes this season.

Park River: Avery Rosinski (Junior) - The point guard on last season's team. He is long athletic and a very good defender. Can post up, get to the rim, and shoot. If he developed further as a ballhandler/decision maker and can create more for others I think he will have an all-region type season. Wouldn't shock me to see him average 15 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists.

Last bumped by ND Basketball Fan on Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:14 pm.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys